2015 NFL Draft round 4-7 discussion

great NE drafts the mauler we needed

Looks like he was not the mauler we wanted though

@SalSports: Tre' Jackson to Pats. Thought he'd be fit for Bills, but source told me Bills took him off their board due to medical concerns.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1st rd talent > 5th + 6th + 7th

Actuall to make it happen I'd throw in next year's 3rd. Then tell Collins it did cost us 3rd round + to get you. Stroke his ego and allow him to save face so he'd play.

How are you going to make him feel better missing out on $8MM. No amount of ego stroking will help that.

I think Maycock is on autopilot. Every OL is either "heavy-handed" or "heavy-footed", and they are all "maulers."

I'm hoping for a heavy-handed mauler that isn't a waist bender and is a height weight and speed guy with a high ceiling and no red flags.

The fact that he lasted until the fourth round is enough information for me to not be worried about him. It's possible in a couple years he will be good. But highly unlikely.

I don't know about that. I thought he looked pretty decent. If he's given time, he may pan out.

I don't know about that. I thought he looked pretty decent. If he's given time, he may pan out.

It's Rob Johnson Revisited.

Not that they are the same kind of player at all. But Rob Johnson had it all as a prospect. He had size, great arm, could run. He played in a big conference in a pro offense for a big name coach. His father was a legendary HS coach. Scouts and GMs and personnel guys LOVE those kinds of players in general, and QBs in particular.

And yet he fell to the fourth round. They knew.

Same with Matt Barkley. With Barkley it was because he had a rag arm, but it's the same thing. When they are a big name, fro a big school, and a QB, and they are drafted lower not higher, they very rarely pan out. I can't really think of one.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It's Rob Johnson Revisited.

Not that they are the same kind of player at all. But Rob Johnson had it all as a prospect. He had size, great arm, could run. He played in a big conference in a pro offense for a big name coach. His father was a legendary HS coach. Scouts and GMs and personnel guys LOVE those kinds of players in general, and QBs in particular.

And yet he fell to the fourth round. They knew.

Same with Matt Barkley. With Barkley it was because he had a rag arm, but it's the same thing. When they are a big name, fro a big school, and a QB, and they are drafted lower not higher, they very rarely pan out. I can't really think of one.

Agreed

The fact that he lasted until the fourth round is enough information for me to not be worried about him. It's possible in a couple years he will be good. But highly unlikely.

I'm starting a legend of Ron Darby. Right here right now.

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Hearing #Bills are very much interested in selecting a QB today. 2 considerations are UCLA's Brett Hundley & Nevada's Cody Fajardo.

0 retweets 0 favorites

Id pass on Fajardo

Wish there was another line man to be had

Im loving this draft so far.....

I cried when we didnt get Jake Fisher......but I got over it quickly

It's painful to sit on our hands and watch guys who would be very helpful depth for the Bills go flying off the board.

But it does beat doing the yard work my wife wanted done before she comes home...