Jerry Hughes ruins practice...

Did anybody see Rex get all giddy when talking about Jerry Hughes? Rex had to pull Jerry Hughes from practice because he was ruining the flow of the offense and being TOO disruptive.

Now I ask myself. Is this because our o-line isn't good or is Hughes THAT good or a combination of both?

Considering they are in shorts and t-shirts and the OL probably had to use blocking pads instead of their arms and hands I'd say it's just Hughes showing a bit too much passion in a situation he knew he had an advantage in. Not that that's a bad thing.

This. Nothing that happens in shorts matters.

Considering they are in shorts and t-shirts and the OL probably had to use blocking pads instead of their arms and hands I'd say it's just Hughes showing a bit too much passion in a situation he knew he had an advantage in. Not that that's a bad thing.

That will cause fights in TC , don't get Richie started I want him to have a Pro Bowl year.

To answer your question, watch the film of him eating Joe Thomas' lunch on his TD last year and you'll see.

I've seen him play and I know how good he is. But the fact that he had to pull him from practice for being too disruptive had me thinking if our o-line isn't good yet. I know they're in shorts and no pads, but still.

I think people just need to come to the realization that Hughes is a beast....that he makes everyone he goes against look bad.....and that the bills GM is absolutely genious in both the trade for him and the resigning of him.

I agree. Hughes is a witch. Having Pegula as the owner means actually keeping the great players AND adding pieces on both the roster and coaching staff.

I've seen him play and I know how good he is. But the fact that he had to pull him from practice for being too disruptive had me thinking if our o-line isn't good yet. I know they're in shorts and no pads, but still.

It's impossible, and I do mean impossible, for offensive linemen to be effective in shorts. Attempting to gain any sort of reliable gauge on the line's progress based on a coach's post practice press conference (in May) is as ridiculous as it is informative.

1. Kouandjoie was blocking him 2. Hughes is very good Edited by YoloinOhio

Its good to see he is excited but...

Theres nothing more annoying when you are supposed to be going 50% in practice and one jergoff goes 100%, blows up the play, then gets praised for going all out... like wtf? Usually you're going 50% to slow it down and gain an understanding of a play or situation. One guy going balls out is counterproductive to the goal of the drill.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

This makes me laugh at the idea of Mark Anderson a few years ago. I cannot believe we wasted money on that guy - I would say I was disappointed in him but I didn't expect a thing from him to begin with. Hughes should have got the reps and time.

This makes me laugh at the idea of Mark Anderson a few years ago. I cannot believe we wasted money on that guy - I would say I was disappointed in him but I didn't expect a thing from him to begin with. Hughes should have got the reps and time.

Hughes is exactly the player we wanted Mark Anderson to be. What a waste of time and money that was!

you gotta love it when a guy gets a big contract and comes in first minicamp going full steam

i am trying not to jinx things by buying his jersey as ive been known to jinx before

Edited by Max997

Yes-our O-Line is not that good, their ranking from last year backs that up, especially if Kan-of-Joe was blocking him.

Yes-Jerry Hughes has had a good run with the Bills, 10 sacks per year.

Here is one other remote thing to think about that I will offer up for draft weekend gossip. This is just gossip and nothing more, there is nothing to it, so no need to flame on. Is Jerry Hughes being set up to be quietly offerred as trade bait? It seems normal for Rex to fluff up a player and gloat, but pulling a healthy player from a no pads practice for being "too good" is just rediculous. Maybe he didn't want Hughes to get hurt prior to the Draft, and then laid on the P.R. about him being too good?

Yes-our O-Line is not that good, their ranking from last year backs that up, especially if Kan-of-Joe was blocking him.

Here is one other remote thing to think about that I will offer up for draft weekend gossip. This is just gossip and nothing more, there is nothing to it, so no need to flame on. Is Jerry Hughes being set up to be quietly offerred as trade bait? It seems normal for Rex to fluff up a player and gloat, but pulling a healthy player from a no pads practice for being "too good" is just rediculous. Maybe he didn't want Hughes to get hurt prior to the Draft, and then laid on the P.R. about him being too good?

I know you say it's just speculation -- but look into what trading a newly signed guy would do to the Bills' cap number and you'll see why this scenario is highly unlikely.

NO

you are now required to use that pic as your avatar for 24 hrs

:lol:

Ha. That may be the first time I would openly admit to trolling for a response.

I do respect that you admitted it.