If La'el Collins drops do Bills take him?

ALLEN1QB

Maybe all of you could start a fund or pool for this poor young man who may not be able to make multi millions for his first few years playing a game. Maybe some celebrities could come together and have a benefit for him, or at least do some commercials for a fundraising foundation for him

his ex girlfriend and possibly his child were just murdered. If he had nothing to do with it, and nothing suggests yet that he does, he is living a complete nightmare during what was supposed to be one of the most exciting days of his life that he worked tremendously hard for for many years. Really... Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird situation. I hope the NFL lets him into the supplemental draft if it's proven that he has nothing to do with the situation. Seems like a fair compromise. A team still has to give up a pick to get him and he gets his slotted money. More facts still do need to come out in this case.

The NFL should just step in and do what they do all the time and just say here is what's going to happen. This was a one time unusual circumstance and we are going to allow a team to slot him at something like the first pick of the second round. Make it clear this isn't to set a precedent it is a one time deal. They do whatever they want all the time and it would be the right thing to do if he is cleared of all wrong doing. It's their stupid rules that prohibit him from getting a decent contract to begin with.

If he's cleared, I'd have no problem with them making an exception and allowing him to enter the supplemental draft.

If he's cleared, I'd have no problem with them making an exception and allowing him to enter the supplemental draft.

zero chance. The NFL already said so

And IMO, he is involved. The NFL is all about winning, and most every team needs a tenacious guard. Thugs like DGB, Frank Clark, etc get drafted hih regardless of character. For all 32 teams to take Collins off their draft boards is very telling

And IMO, he is involved. The NFL is all about winning, and most every team needs a tenacious guard. Thugs like DGB, Frank Clark, etc get drafted hih regardless of character. For all 32 teams to take Collins off their draft boards is very telling

I know what they said, but they can change their mind. Like they did with Ray Rice.

And I also thought that teams bypassing him was a bad sign, until I learned that his agent told teams that if he was drafted on day 3, he wouldn't report and re-enter the draft. And there was too much uncertainty to take him in the first 3 rounds.

I don't expect him to be cleared anytime soon, but the supplemental draft can be held anytime between now and the beginning of the season.

his ex girlfriend and possibly his child were just murdered. If he had nothing to do with it, and nothing suggests yet that he does, he is living a complete nightmare during what was supposed to be one of the most exciting days of his life that he worked tremendously hard for for many years. Really...

Well said

his ex girlfriend and possibly his child were just murdered. If he had nothing to do with it, and nothing suggests yet that he does, he is living a complete nightmare during what was supposed to be one of the most exciting days of his life that he worked tremendously hard for for many years. Really...

Unless he washes out or has a career ending injury in the first few years this probably won't hurt his overall earning potential all that much. It's an unfortunate situation, but in the grand scheme of things it's hard for me to get too distressed about his financial situation at this point.

I have a feeling he might be too. Maybe he's not allowed to say anything regarding the case, but it seems hes more upset about not getting drafted.

I think Jerry Sullivan would write a strongly worded, self-righteous article if the bills signed him.

I think Jerry Sullivan would write a strongly worded, self-righteous article if the sun rose in the east.

I have a feeling he might be too. Maybe he's not allowed to say anything regarding the case, but it seems hes more upset about not getting drafted.

Tell me more about how he feels.... Because he had his agent do his job properly and advocate for him you surmise he's more likely to be involved?

Tell me more about how he feels.... Because he had his agent do his job properly and advocate for him you surmise he's more likely to be involved?

The agents statement was fair, but was there a statement on the other issue? Isn't that normal?

I think we should taken him at 50. But even so, who cares if he doesn't get big money next year? If he's any good, he will get a big second contract--worth far more than a rookie draftee in any round.