If La'el Collins drops do Bills take him?

ALLEN1QB

Pretty much the case here. Goodell and the NFL in general are far too dogmatic with their rules. Much like zero tolerance policies being dogmatic with rules without taking into account context or circumstance is dumb and doesn't work.

The NFL Should have some sort of discretion when it comes to these issues. In this case they should allow Collins to enter the supplemental draft. Give teams more time to sort out the situation and get info on it, while allowing teams to assess his worth through the bidding process. Instead you are kind of screwing up the kids future because of speculation and unwillingness to act.

Discretion exposes Goodell to accountability, something he wants no part of. Just hide behind the strict rules, and keep collecting his $40 million /year

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor has always been that he was possibly the father of the child. He has denied that he was the father of the child. I believe he said he hadn't spoken to her since September.

this. and he is said to have passed a polygraph last week (take it for whatever you want it to mean).

I've seen nothing about him being the father. You have link otherwise?

It was widely initially reported that he might be the father of the child. Link=everywhere.

The rumor has always been that he was possibly the father of the child. He has denied that he was the father of the child. I believe he said he hadn't spoken to her since September.

Hmm, September, he says? Let's see, 8+ months pregnant in April.......conceived in....September, perhaps? Or maybe that's when she told him she was pregnant?

Discretion exposes Goodell to accountability, something he wants no part of. Just hide behind the strict rules, and keep collecting his $40 million /year

The real cowards are the 32 men who hide behind Goodell when all of these things go down...the 32 men who pay him all of those millions to tkae all those punches to the face. The men who tell him what to do and what to say.

Why do you misplace your anger in the Commissioner? The fact that you have means that the owners have succeeded once again.

well, the initial meeting with police is done. his lawyer says he answered all the questions, and is hoping to put this behind him and get back to football.

no statements from BRPD that ive heard yet....

Edited by NoSaint

The guy just lost millions of dollars because police wanted to ask him questions about his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

The moral of this story is: never associate with anyone. At all. Ever.

And his dead baby, that he refused to acknowledge is his.

point is, why not have used a 7th on a guy who has a 50/50 chance of being an innocent 1st-round talent?

Because his agent flat out announced on Thursday that if he wasn't drafted on day 2, that he wouldn't sign and would re-enter the draft in 2016. No sense wasting the pick given that posture.

GO BILLS!!!

Because his agent flat out announced on Thursday that if he wasn't drafted on day 2, that he wouldn't sign and would re-enter the draft in 2016. No sense wasting the pick given that posture.

GO BILLS!!!

He isnt eligible for next years draft is he?

I thought I read something that said he isnt

CBF

And his dead baby, that he refused to acknowledge is his.

Has that been proven? Sounds like even the mother didn't know who the father was. Which is never good.

He isn't eligible. If he had been drafted, he would have been.

GO BILLS!!!

i think some would argue that the risks involved with taking him (both legal, and contractual) outweighed the risk of simply taking a 7th round talent thats unlikely to pan out anyway.

would they be right? i dont know. but there have been a lot of guys that have gone back on their word and signed deals.

If we look beyond the obvious that no employer is going to be interested in someone who facing potential murder charges...

Why would they make an exception for this player that will undoubtedly then be used by every player following him? How many risks do you take with your job that could get you fired? If he ended up charged and convicted, the outcry would be insane.

I would have liked the Bills to take the risk, but you can't blame any of the Teams or the NFL for taking a pass.

CBF

He would have been eligible in 2016 if he was drafted this year and didn't sign with the team that selected him, which is what he wanted, given the circumstances. It would have been a wasted pick by any team that took him.

GO BILLS!!!

i think some would argue that the risks involved with taking him (both legal, and contractual) outweighed the risk of simply taking a 7th round talent thats unlikely to pan out anyway.

would they be right? i dont know. but there have been a lot of guys that have gone back on their word and signed deals.

He flat out said he wouldn't sign and who could blame him as it would have gotten him back in the draft next year and it would be that much less time to recoup his losses from this year.

I understand that guys sign deals after saying they won't, but in this case, given NFL rules about draft eligibility, he would have been slotted for 7th round money and would have been stuck for three years at that level given the CBA agreement with the NFLPA. Going back into the draft next year would have saved him time and a TON of money. There's just not enough inducement to be made by an NFL team to get him to agree to sign for 7th round money.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

GO BILLS!!!

so call his bluff - it looks like he might end up signing as a UDFA, so i doubt he'd have been willing to sit out a year. and if it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out, you lose a 7th round pick; whaley himself admitted that this year's late-rounders will probably have a hard time making the team.

He would have been eligible in 2016 if he was drafted this year and didn't sign with the team that selected him, which is what he wanted, given the circumstances. It would have been a wasted pick by any team that took him.

GO BILLS!!!

He flat out said he wouldn't sign and who could blame him as it would have gotten him back in the draft next year and it would be that much less time to recoup his losses from this year. There's just not enough inducement to be made by an NFL team to get him to agree to that, I think.

I understand that guys sign deals after saying they won't, but in this case, given NFL rules about draft eligibility, he would have been slotted for 7th round money and would have been stuck for three years at that level given the CBA agreement with the NFLPA. Going back into the draft next year would have saved him time and a TON of money.

GO BILLS!!!

If he went back in the draft next season, he would be in the same place regardless. He wouldn't be going very high despite his talent because he would have been out of football for a year (and likely teams being not being enthusiastic about a kid who refused to sign his deal after a team took a huge chance on him). He's going to have to face the reality that he lost 1st round money and it's not coming back.