Shane Ray has foot issue; update- cited for marijuana

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to sound incredibly self serving so I apologize in advance. In a year when the Bills don't have a 1st round pick I am kind of glad to see some of the top talents raising red flags. Maybe they will slip to a place where they will be great value? It happened with Dez and Randy Moss. I'm not saying that Gregory or Ray gets to 50 but if they get to 27 and you can get them for 50 and next year's 2nd jump at it.

Combined with the foot, I think Round 2 is pretty much a given and the question is if he falls further than that. It's going to depend a lot of what teams already scooped on him from college. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this wasn't his first dalliance with Mary Jane.

Combined with the foot, I think Round 2 is pretty much a given and the question is if he falls further than that. It's going to depend a lot of what teams already scooped on him from college. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this wasn't his first dalliance with Mary Jane.

Can you think of many possible top 10 picks slipping into round two or further over turf toe or a weed bust?

I think he'll fall and be available now at 50. Sounds to me like he'll be in the drug program upon entering the league. Teams do not want to waste such a high pick on guys who are already on the drug plan, not to mention ones who depend on their speed and explosiveness to be effective who are coming into the league with a foot issue. With that being said, if he is there I would jump all over him.

Edited by Mark80

These feet problems might simply be an ene but pot addiction lingers.

Pot is not addicting and if alcohol and tobacco are legal marijuana should be also... I wouldn't not draft a player because he tested positive for pot.

Pot is not addicting and if alcohol and tobacco are legal marijuana should be also... I wouldn't not draft a player because he tested positive for pot.

Yeah, they don't fall because they smoked pot. They fall because they were dumb enough to get caught, and if they get caught once they are in the league then they aren't going to be on the field.