Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

I kind of think people don't really get what type of prediction this is. Each team's reporters picked their game by game and the record is based off of those predictions. So I'm sure every team's reporters that play Jacksonville has them winning so I'm sure the Jacksonville prediction is 0-16. That doesn't mean anyone thinks the jaguars will actually go 0-16. Just like no one thinks the bills will actually be 5-11.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of think people don't really get what type of prediction this is. Each team's reporters picked their game by game and the record is based off of those predictions. So I'm sure every team's reporters that play Jacksonville has them winning so I'm sure the Jacksonville prediction is 0-16. That doesn't mean anyone thinks the jaguars will actually go 0-16. Just like no one thinks the bills will actually be 5-11.

At the very least it generally shows you what the opponent's fans/writers think of your team. Everyone thinks the Bills suck, basically.

Meanwhile, the Pats are 13-3 (14-2 if they don't rest their starters during week 17).

Stop making sense. We have some Grade A outrage brewing here.

At the very least it generally shows you what the opponent's fans/writers think of your team. Everyone thinks the Bills suck, basically.

Meanwhile, the Pats are 13-3 (14-2 if they don't rest their starters during week 17).

Right I get that too. Most reporters are probably saying, the pats game is one of the harder games on our schedule, I'll give them a loss in that one. But I don't think many people will have them going 13-3 this year. This is just so stupid. Who cares what the mike rodaks predict for a bills-redskins game in December in freaking April? I know the lions reporter from college. He is a complete strunz. Let's all just move to the next post. This is not "bulletin board" material for the bills, it's tabloid sports gossip, it's utterly meaningless. Edited by metzelaars_lives

You hit the nail pretty well here. It's the "Browns fan" principle. This morning every single Browns fan is looking at their schedule and thinking "@ Jets, Titans, Raiders....we'll be 3-0" meanwhile Jets, Titans or Raiders fans are looking at it saying "we've got the Browns in week 1/2/3, that's a game we can win".

Every homer writer of every other team sees Bills on the schedule and thinks "that's a game we can win". I'm also sure Rodak isn't fighting any of his coworkers picking the Bills losses. I don't have access to ESPN right now so I don't know how much their staff worked together on this, but I do know last year they combined the individual teams projections and they had the league going something like 276-236, which is an embarassingly bad mathmatical impossibility.

I'm sorry but this is a joke. You don't go from 9-7, add the pieces that were added while subtracting very little (Searcy, Orton) and regress by 4 games. There is no logic to this. I mean really a neutral field game is "a good match up for Jacksonville?"

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm sorry but this is a joke. You don't go from 9-7, add the pieces that were added while subtracting very little (Searcy, Orton) and regress by 4 games. There is no logic to this. I mean really a neutral field game is "a good match up for Jacksonville?"

I have a vision of the Browns and Titans ESPN writers banging the table claiming their respective teams should be given the projected win while Rodak sits in the corner allowing everyone to slot the Bills in as a loss.

Not advocating the article, but..

If Pats* needed a win in season finale, Brady would have played the entire 2nd half and we didn't score. If Sammy doesn't make that sensational behind his head catch, Carpenter doesn't have the opportunity to beat Detroit with a last second FG and 4th & 22 vs Minnesota?? To say nothing of Hogan and Sammy consecutive catches to the end the game?? 6-10, is probably closer to what we were than a late season playoff hopeful.

This schedule is tough. Everyone's schedule is. If we're 0-2 at home to start the season -a very likely outcome, it's a helluva uphill battle going forward. Sure, we've added some impressive offensive skills, but we have an entirely new coaching staff and philosophy that will take a lot of time to truely gel and no starter at QB -who will absolutely need to make plays from early on.

IMO, equalling last years' overall record and still not making the playoffs will be improvement.

The NFL Nation Reporters are old news bandwagon fans. They look at teams buy what they have done, not what they can or will do. THey will always pick last years flavor not this years. When the Bills go 11-5 and win the AFC East, the next year they will call them favorites for the Superbowl.

So, we "improve" on paper, get a better coach... and we lose 4 more games than last year.

What?

until we have a qb, get used to major question marks in predictions. while we got to 9 wins, we were incredibly healthy. it would really surprise me to end at 5, but i think id be more shocked by 10+ than say somewhere around 7 despite being a better team on paper.

Better than home stadium here team gets distracted by babes in hot tub taking off tops.

Not advocating the article, but..

If Pats* needed a win in season finale, Brady would have played the entire 2nd half and we didn't score. If Sammy doesn't make that sensational behind his head catch, Carpenter doesn't have the opportunity to beat Detroit with a last second FG and 4th & 22 vs Minnesota?? To say nothing of Hogan and Sammy consecutive catches to the end the game?? 6-10, is probably closer to what we were than a late season playoff hopeful.

This schedule is tough. Everyone's schedule is. If we're 0-2 at home to start the season -a very likely outcome, it's a helluva uphill battle going forward. Sure, we've added some impressive offensive skills, but we have an entirely new coaching staff and philosophy that will take a lot of time to truely gel and no starter at QB -who will absolutely need to make plays from early on.

IMO, equalling last years' overall record and still not making the playoffs will be improvement.

So because guys actually made plays to win games we should discount them from our record?

There were games that we SHOULD have won last year but did not......should we include them in our record?

In the end.....your record is what it is. And our record was 9-7

This fan base is just so beat down....its disgusting

Who cares?

It is a pointless argument at this moment. However, 5-11 would be an improvement for Rex Ryan over last year.

My thoughts as well. I really don't know why people care about what the media thinks. This means as much as if they predicted the Bills to go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl. Completely meaningless. People who care about what media types say too much worry me. :)

And Rex should use this 100% as bulletin board material. I think that stuff is overrated but any edge a coach can get should be used.

which would surprise you more, 10-11 wins, or 7-8 wins? i think its not unreasonable to think as long as we dont have a qb that we are still in that mess of 7-9 win teams. 5 wins i think is ridiculous unless we see injuries to mccoy and/or something like mario/marcell going down for a stretch though.