Mccoy says Chip Kelly doesn't respect stars

Right, and I understand that...

He fit the scheme, so it wasn't that.

He was replaced with expensive player(s), so it wasn't that.

What else is there, beyond personality conflicts?

The question is was it Chips ego, or was it McCoy's? Seems to be Chips ego since he didn't seem to get a long with any of the playmakers on that team. Andy Reid did just fine with McCoy, Jackson, and Maclin.

I think Chip's got to sit back relax and let the players take or get some credit sometimes.

I'm not crazy about Shady running his mouth over the Chip Kelly situation, but at the end of the day what he has said isn't particularly inflammatory. If it motivates him to perform, it only helps the Bills.

...?

I guess you forgot all about Mr. Training-Manual-Goes-Right-in-My-Drawer.

Or when Hughes sounded off on Marrone last year during TC.

Neither of those guys had national platforms. I look at Shady as being of the stature of Bruce, not B-team guys like SJ or Jerry...

I think McCoy is really immature/full of himself. Of course Chip Kelly "respects stars"...The idea that Chip Kelly's ego is running the show over there seems VERY far fetched...The business of football is bigger than any one player (especially a RB).

I remember reading an article last year about McCoy being a jerk at a Philly restaurant and completely turned me off to him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lesean-mccoy-left-20-cent-tip-says-restaurant-owner-2014-9

You can always watch another team if McCoy on the Bills bothers you so much/

You can always watch another team if McCoy on the Bills bothers you so much/

Haha no thanks. I'm content. It doesn't bother me that he's on the team...I was just giving my two cents on what I think about his reactions to the trade and how it went down.

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

The question is was it Chips ego, or was it McCoy's? Seems to be Chips ego since he didn't seem to get a long with any of the playmakers on that team. Andy Reid did just fine with McCoy, Jackson, and Maclin.

I think Chip's got to sit back relax and let the players take or get some credit sometimes.

I think Chip will be back in College coaching within a few years.

Some bigger than others.

I'm not really sure how to take the last part...it sounds like an opinion of a player with a huge ego.

Why wouldn't he have an ego ? He's led the league in rushing for the past 5 years. Toot that horn shady. Talk the talk and walk the walk woooooooooooo!

i also come down on the "pipe down mccoy" side of this whole thing.

he's not really coming off like a bill right now (he's not playing this like f-jax or kyle would've).

I took it as the guy was being completely honest in his assessment of why he was traded. Unfortunately that will get you in trouble most of the time. It didn't come off as hyperbole either. In a way, it's refreshing to hear such honesty coming from a high profile, star player who was involved in a big player for player trade which almost never happens in the NFL. He could have easily clammed up to the reporters but he probably thought to himself why should I help out Chip in that regard? He's had time to reflect he's gotten it off his chest and I'm sure he knows there's no need to discuss it further. He can now be in his right to blowing off any and all questions from now on with the "I've already said all I'm going to say this matter, but I'll answer any other questions if you have them for me".

I listen to a lot of 97.5 The Fanatic (Philly's sports station, it's 90% NFL talk unlike that stupid Buffalo station) and they were going crazy with the comments. Accusing him of sounding like a jilted lover and being very immature. That's totally understandable, but I'm of the option that he needed to have a reflective interview after the dust settled to get his final "closure" to his Eagles departure.

"Charles" has enough ego for all of them

Not disagreeing with that, but in this case, the coach is the boss, so he gets to make that call.

Chip is also a guy who only came to the NFL after the NCAA made it clear he wasn't wanted there anymore due to cheating at Oregon. While I think a lot of cheating goes on in the NCAA and the NFL, I still have a very difficult time respecting him.

I'm not crazy about Shady running his mouth over the Chip Kelly situation, but at the end of the day what he has said isn't particularly inflammatory. If it motivates him to perform, it only helps the Bills.

Somehow I don't think that will matter to those jamokes in Philly. I've been thinking about getting to that game, but i really don't know how smart it will be to show up in Bills gear that day.

Somehow I don't think that will matter to those jamokes in Philly. I've been thinking about getting to that game, but i really don't know how smart it will be to show up in Bills gear that day.

I'm planning on going to that game. There is a Bills Backers group in Philadelphia and they are planning a gathering for that game.

It'll give you a chance to go in numbers.

I'm planning on going to that game. There is a Bills Backers group in Philadelphia and they are planning a gathering for that game.

It'll give you a chance to go in numbers.

Awesome, I'm in. When the schedule comes out and there is specific info, do me a favor and post it over in the tailgate forum, in the Philly thread I started.

the Eagles better be good this year or the fans are going to turn on Chip pretty quickly. he got rid of every star on that team and now everyone will have to buy new jerseys. i could see them starting out the year slow and the fans booing them out of the stadium

yep. chip thinks he is the star, like he was in college. if he continues to run a pro team like a college team, he will fail. but I love watching his offense, attacking, very entertaining.. so I hope they don't run him out of town too soon...

I am definetly going to that game. Was pondering if I should go incognito or if I could wear a McCoy Bills jersey then play it off as a shady lover if things get rowdy.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I am definetly going to that game. Was pondering if I should go incognito or if I could wear a McCoy Bills jersey then play it off as a shady lover if things get rowdy.

Maybe going in a McCoy Eagles jersey is a smarter move. I'm sure they can be found cheap right now. :D

Perhaps one of the reasons Chip doesn't like stars. The whole "no I in team" concept.

I think we're going to have to get used to having an outspoken player in Buffalo. It seems like ages since we've had one of those...

There is an I in chip though.