Hey Draftniks, Please Do Me A Favor (LG).....

This board is chock full of posters who truly do pay careful attention to the draft. I deeply appreciate this. I am not into it as much this season because I am busy, and the truth is that the lack of a first round pick probably decreased my drive to delve into it.

I am not going to name all of the posters who provide great info about the draft for fear of leaving one out. That said, I think that the Bills need a player who played LT in college but is projected to guard. Why do I say this? Easy. Because of Ruben Brown and Andy Levitre. These were absolutely solid LGs. Both played LT in college and their agility was there, big time! It's a passing league and our qb situation if far rom great. This football team needs a LG who can offer good pass protection, especially if EJ gets the nod.

Levitre didn't play so well when he left Buffalo. I am guessing that this was due to injury because he was a fantastic LG for us. If a healthy Levitre was on this roster, the sky would be the limit imo.

One last thing.....I am a lifelong Crimson Tide Fan. Kuondjio may come to mind for some, but I am not feeling it. He is a wonderful kid but I never thought he was a very good prospect and posted this. I would be thrilled to the max if he turns out to be a player but I am not seeing it.

So, does anybody meet this description?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Ali Marphet played LT for DIII Hobart College, can play all 3 positions, extremely athletic OLmen...ran the fastest of all OLmen at combine and 225 30 times...projected at 1st/2nd round

- A.J. Cann rated as top OG by some, played LT for South Carolina...projected 1st/2nd round

- Mitch Morse played LT for Missouri...projected as an OG in NFL...36 reps at 225#...projected as a 4th/5th rounder

those are the only ones in the top 10 OG that played LT/RT in college and are projected as OG in NFL on www.cbssports.com

La' el Collins, LSU, is projected as an OT but many say he'd be better inside at OG...he'll be gone in the first

Edited by Tsaikotic

- Ali Marphet played LT for DIII Hobart College, can play all 3 positions, extremely athletic OLmen...ran the fastest of all OLmen at combine and 225 30 times...projected at 1st/2nd round

- A.J. Cann rated as top OG by some, played LT for South Carolina...projected 1st/2nd round

- Mitch Morse played LT for Missouri...projected as an OG in NFL...36 reps at 225#...projected as a 4th/5th rounder

those are the only ones in the top 10 OG that played LT/RT in college and are projected as OG in NFL on www.cbssports.com

La' el Collins, LSU, is projected as an OT but many say he'd be better inside at OG...he'll be gone in the first

AJ Cann I thought only played G in college, not LT. But, I think he would be a good fit for the Bills power scheme at LG.

Shame on you - you said Ruben Brown was an absolutely solid guard and there are STILL posters bashing him despite being a 9 year first-team all-pro. Do not watch college football except occasionally in a bar and I think it resembles NFL as does the CFL.

Great answer to the question.

Sleeper--Jamon Brown for Louisville -- played both RT and LT for the Cards-- has really good burst and punch but gets burned a bit laterally by speed rushes. Has weight control issues as well. But Bill he has the nasty streak I know you like. He will likely be there with the 5th or one of the two 6th round picks. He has never played G -- but its easier to kick a guy inside then out and he fits what Coach Kromer has converted to G in the past.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

I think Daryl Williams OT from Oklahoma would be a good guard prospect. He's more athletic than the true guards like Cann and Tomlinson yet probably not nimble enough to play OT at the next level. He'd be a good get with their 3rd round pick...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737524/daryl-williams

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/daryl-williams?id=2552357

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015-nfl-draft/2015/3/28/8212341/2015-nfl-draft-daryl-williams-ot-oklahoma-scouting-report

Edited by Lurker

AJ Cann I thought only played G in college, not LT. But, I think he would be a good fit for the Bills power scheme at LG.

If AJ Cann is there when we pick, we should run to get our pick in.

Most project Cann as a LG only so you're right there, Yolo. Very good fit. Other very good options would be Laken Tomlinson of Duke or Ali Marpet of Hobart, as mentioned upthread.

your correct..my bad...I mis-read on him sry

I only listed players that played LT in college that project as OG in pros....there are other players that are good also that played OG in college...like A.J. Cann can :rolleyes:

Is this an attempt to bring back Astrobot?

I hope it works. I love his camp reports.

But I agree that AJ Cann is an excellent fit for a power running system. Also Laken Tomlinson, who was ranked my NFL network as one of the 10 slam dunk safest prospects. If either is there at 50, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

This board is chock full of posters who truly do pay careful attention to the draft. I deeply appreciate this. I am not into it as much this season because I am busy, and the truth is that the lack of a first round pick probably decreased my drive to delve into it.

I am not going to name all of the posters who provide great info about the draft for fear of leaving one out. That said, I think that the Bills need a player who played LT in college but is projected to guard. Why do I say this? Easy. Because of Ruben Brown and Andy Levitre. These were absolutely solid LGs. Both played LT in college and their agility was there, big time! It's a passing league and our qb situation if far rom great. This football team needs a LG who can offer good pass protection, especially if EJ gets the nod.

Levitre didn't play so well when he left Buffalo. I am guessing that this was due to injury because he was a fantastic LG for us. If a healthy Levitre was on this roster, the sky would be the limit imo.

One last thing.....I am a lifelong Crimson Tide Fan. Kuondjio may come to mind for some, but I am not feeling it. He is a wonderful kid but I never thought he was a very good prospect and posted this. I would be thrilled to the max if he turns out to be a player but I am not seeing it.

So, does anybody meet this description?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill with all due respect :)

1) Doesn't every QB need good pass protection? Or did I miss the superior athletic ability of journeyman Cassel?

2) You continue to overrated Levitre. Never sniffed a pro bowl and has been bad in Tennessee. He is an athletic G who is weak. He is great at pulling and solid in pass protection. But he is very weak at the POA and the Titans regret that contract. It's just funny that Spiller has been made a pro bowl and you love to bash him while Levitre has done nothing of note and you praise him.

Gailey was a great offensive coach and designed plays to bring out his players' strengths. After watching our stupid offense under Marrone, this seems shocking. Gailey brought out the best in Levitre and covered up his weaknesses. He was never a top G.

3) I posted information that CK has a clear head and has been crushing it this offseason. Fans love giving up on players. I believe he has the inside track to the job.

4) Spending anything higher than a 3rd round pick on a G is a mistake. Better coaching will make this o line better. Every player on the oline regressed under Jacksonville's oline coach. Did they all suddenly get worse or did bad coaching/ offensive philosophy hurt them? I'm banking on the latter.

5) I like the kid from Hobart in the 4th.

Bill with all due respect :)

1) Doesn't every QB need good pass protection? Or did I miss the superior athletic ability of journeyman Cassel?

2) You continue to overrated Levitre. Never sniffed a pro bowl and has been bad in Tennessee. He is an athletic G who is weak. He is great at pulling and solid in pass protection. But he is very weak at the POA and the Titans regret that contract. It's just funny that Spiller has been made a pro bowl and you love to bash him while Levitre has done nothing of note and you praise him.

Gailey was a great offensive coach and designed plays to bring out his players' strengths. After watching our stupid offense under Marrone, this seems shocking. Gailey brought out the best in Levitre and covered up his weaknesses. He was never a top G.

3) I posted information that CK has a clear head and has been crushing it this offseason. Fans love giving up on players. I believe he has the inside track to the job.

4) Spending anything higher than a 3rd round pick on a G is a mistake. Better coaching will make this o line better. Every player on the oline regressed under Jacksonville's oline coach. Did they all suddenly get worse or did bad coaching/ offensive philosophy hurt them? I'm banking on the latter.

5) I like the kid from Hobart in the 4th.

Good stuff. Mostly minor quibbles.

1) Due to CK's length, I really have him pegged as a tackle. It changes how you get leverage, but he might make the transition.

2) I honestly think good G is underrated so I have no problem using a 2nd. And the Cowboys are pretty happy with Zack Martin.