Peter King: Jahri Evans still on block(update:signed ext.)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. I just place Evans in the same category as Mathis. I think his reputation has exceeded his skills at this point, especially considering the cost involved. I'd rather someone play their best football for us than overpay for a guy whose main strength is name recognition.

i dont think evans would be great, but i think hed clearly be in our top 2 guards opening day if he was a bill. what id be willing to trade/pay him ive waffled around with a bit, but i do think hes a good player even if i dont think hes great any longer.

Count me in the camp that would rather just draft OL and sign a guy like Blalock at a much cheaper rate.

Evans would be nice, but I dont see him as so much better than other options that he is a must-have.

Keep what few picks we have, save that remaining cap space for a combo signing like Spikes & Blalock, and move forward.

I'm in the camp that if the money makes sense, adding a proven vet is the way to go. They have young prospects. Unless there is a can't miss guy at 50 (doubt it) everything they've done shows they are all in for right now and not worried about taking chances with another young prospect to save money. If they don't have any confidence in Cyrus and Cyril, that's another story. But Cyrus playing and learning behind evans as a G prospect would be ideal imo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

What are our chances of our o line pick being a day one starter?

I think if we draft an OG with 50 he has a 50-50 chance of being a starter. I don't think anyone knows right now, including Roman and Kromer, how good, bad, or awful guys like Kujo, Henderson, Richardson, Williams, etc, are.

Bills need a T more than a guard. We only have 3 T's on the roster and one may not even be an NFL backup (Cyrus)....I think both 50 and 81 are OL picks -- and my dream is that:

One of Peat, Humphries, Clemmings, Humphries, Fisher or Flowers falls to 50

One of Tomlinson, Cann, Jackson fall to 81... Is that too much to ask?

Bills need a T more than a guard. We only have 3 T's on the roster and one may not even be an NFL backup (Cyrus)....I think both 50 and 81 are OL picks -- and my dream is that:

I like the odds of Fisher & Jackson personally

I agree with you on OT.

My best case scenario would be Jake Fisher or D.J. Humphries at 50 and trading pick 81 for Evans. That would be a great mix of veteran leadership and young developmental types.

I'm drifting away from Cann and Tomilinson as they don't seem to have the athleticism / movement skills I think Roman's offense requires.

To make an analogy that most cans can relate to, in that bringing in Mathis to the current roster would be the equivalent of adding a Marcell Dareus to the defensive line.

The current offensive line players on the roster all have faults that either they stink at run blocking or pass blocking or both. Some are inexperienced enough to take a few years to develop, or they may not ever develop into anything but a waste of time.

Think about how many players drafted by this team past the third round have gone on to have successful careers in the NFL, and the answer is very few to almost none.

Adding a proven run blocking vet like Mathis would not only ensure to get the value / production out of McCoy. It would also show the younger players what an actual all pro O linemen looks like, plays like. Then he would likely have a career span that parallels McCoy's.

Also, bringing in Mathis would actually give life to the ability of this team to be able to pound the rock against anybody, and not fall on their face in crunch time. This move would really complete the dream team build for this year.

a 3rd rounder, YES!

EDIT: How is that 4th for Bryce Brown working out? I would think that if Brown was worth a 4th then Mathis should be worth the #2 pick. Just sayin!

Edited by FeartheLosing