Kiko or Woods?

Kiko or Woods?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. In lieu of the report that the Bills could have traded Kiko or Woods for Shady, which would you have rather traded?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe Woods is currently a better receiver than Watkins. I'm not at all happy with the Percy Harvin signing as it will take Woods off the field. In a ball control offense, Woods is the kind of tough nose guy you want out there. Am I the only one who thinks Sammy gos down too easily after first contact? I would have hated losing Woods for McCoy. When I heard about Kiko I didn't even blink. We smoked the Eagles on this deal. SMOKED 'em!!!

We've seen one season of Sammy Watkins in the NFL, and he was dealing with lingering rib issues the entire year. Give the rookie a little time to develop. In 1-2 years, he'll be doing this in the NFL:

2:29 and 3:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_neK8T8zQ

It's interesting also because of timing.

If you asked me the same question in the offseason of last year, before Brown and Bradham and Schwartz, I would have reluctantly said trade Woods, even though Woods is one of my favorite players.

If you asked me the day last season ended when the Bills were cleaning out their lockers, I would have very likely said trade Kiko because of the way the defense played as well as Watkins and Woods looking like they could be a good tandem, and Schwartz still the defensive coach.

Today, with Rex the defensive coach, even though Schwartz was great, it's a no brainer and I would keep Woods and trade Kiko, who we do not really need although he is a very good player. We also only likely have Harvin for one year.

This is surprising to me that so many people picked trading Kiko over woods.

For those who hold that view, would it change at all if you were to know that hypothetically woods would not be Re-signed when his contract came up but that Kiko would?

Why wouldn't he be re-signed? I imagine we would choose Woods over Harvin long-term.

For those who hold that view, would it change at all if you were to know that hypothetically woods would not be Re-signed when his contract came up but that Kiko would?

not really. I'm worried more about this year when it comes to personnel. But I dont know if one, both, or neither would be re-signed when that time comes.

Seriously, what kind of question is that? Everyone is taking the situation as it is now, with both going into their third year, on this specific Bills team. I understand and use hypotheticals all the time, but simply don't understand why you would ask that.

I would be curious to see what draft picks it would have taken to get McCoy

CBF

if they asked for pick 50, I still think they would have traded Kiko because in their minds they are focused on building personnel around current scheme. So if they know what Kiko is (he's good) but don't know who that pick will turn out to be, they will still want the pick because they can tailor it to the scheme. Which we now know that Rex wanted to trade Kiko as soon as he came on board, as was reported after the trade. He was expendable because of everything that occurred since his injury. Replaced by Brown, new coaches, new scheme. Woods isn't expendable because he produces and fits what Roman wants to do. So they know what they have, they want to keep it, and then would need to replicate that in the draft. Roman specifically mentioned Woods as a guy who jumped out to him on the film. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's not. If they would have traded Woods the poll would be reversed. It's like how Bucky Brooks is loved on here and his analysis means something all of a sudden because now he is hyping the Bills in a positive manner.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I suspect that the poll results would have been quite different if the poll had been conducted prior to the trade / the Bills brass' decision to trade Kiko instead of Woods.

I suspect that the poll results would have been quite different if the poll had been conducted prior to the trade / the Bills brass' decision to trade Kiko instead of Woods.

Why?

The reasoning most fans have given is quite sound: this team lacks for offensive firepower, so trading their 2nd best offensive player would be unwise. Whereas defensively, they managed to put a top 3 unit on the field without Kiko.

How do either of those change under any circumstance?

also find it very interesting that both players kelly requested were pac12 guys he'd played against/with for several years at the college level.

Why?

The reasoning most fans have given is quite sound: this team lacks for offensive firepower, so trading their 2nd best offensive player would be unwise. Whereas defensively, they managed to put a top 3 unit on the field without Kiko.

How do either of those change under any circumstance?

i don't disagree, i voted for kiko. i more meant that i think people are hoping on the woods bandwagon and off the kiko bandwagon to align their opinions with that of the professionals (our FO). before the trade, most people on the boards still considered kiko a sort of untouchable legend and woods a better-than-average starter, but after hearing that the bills chose to trade kiko over woods, suddenly everyone is hyping woods.

*edited: voted for kiko not woods, misunderstood whether the question was rather keep or rather trade.

Edited by johnwalter

also find it very interesting that both players kelly requested were pac12 guys he'd played against/with for several years at the college level.

i don't disagree, i voted for woods. i more meant that i think people are hoping on the woods bandwagon and off the kiko bandwagon to align their opinions with that of the professionals (our FO). before the trade, most people on the boards still considered kiko a sort of untouchable legend and woods a better-than-average starter, but after hearing that the bills chose to trade kiko over woods, suddenly everyone is hyping woods.

Marrone played Woods twice too, in a home and home with Cuse, and mentioned after the draft that he wanted him on his team rather than have to play against him. Woods had some big moments against Oregon.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7258322

Edited by YoloinOhio

wouldn't change anything with me. I think woods is a better and has more value to the team. It's hard to compare different positions but woods has been more consistent, has made more and game changing plays and the best ability is availability. I Have had the same opinions since before the trade. I thought Kiko was good in coverage and pettine masked his weaknesses by not asking him to do much. Edited by kr632

Offense needs the boost. Defense is solid. It would make no sense to trade a productive WR for another productive player. Kiko was a fan favorite and had some outstanding plays but we didn't really miss him a lot last season. Do the math a player who helps the offense be better + another outstanding offensive player added = playoffs. Trade offensive player and add offensive player = maybe a bit better. Trade defensive player and add offensive player to help offense = playoffs.