LeSean McCoy interview with Rich Eisen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we think happened? Eagles didn't really save any money. It had to be something between McCoy and Kelly , or did Kelly just want Alonzo? I'm happy about the trade. I think McCoy is a major upgrade. I'll miss Alonzo. It's just all kind of curious.

So what do we think happened? Eagles didn't really save any money. It had to be something between McCoy and Kelly , or did Kelly just want Alonzo? I'm happy about the trade. I think McCoy is a major upgrade. I'll miss Alonzo. It's just all kind of curious.

They would hv initially saved money by signing Gore if he didn't back out and then also if they just signed Mathews. The Murray signing came out of left field and IMO was a direct reaction to the negativity of trading McCoy and trading for Bradford which were not popular moves here in Philly.

As far as Chip and McCoy there has been a lot of talk that Chip doesn't like strong personalities but if you look at what he's done he's basically getting rid of all the Andy Reid guys. Also a lot of talk of Chip wanting more of a straight ahead runner.

Edited by Max997

They would hv initially saved money by signing Gore if he didn't back out and then also if they just signed Mathews. The Murray signing came out of left field and IMO was a direct reaction to the negativity of trading McCoy and trading for Bradford which were not popular moves here in Philly.

As far as Chip and McCoy there has been a lot of talk that Chip doesn't like strong personalities but if you look at what he's done he's basically getting rid of all the Andy Reid guys. Also a lot of talk of Chip wanting more of a straight ahead runner.

it seemed like Murray fell into his lap because he 1) saw Bradford go there and wanted to play with him again and 2) wanted to go back to Dallas but they wouldn't give in to his contract demands so wanted to spite them by going to a division rival. I think Murray is a good RB but I do not think he is a better player than McCoy. That said, they will probably both have success this year if they can stay healthy and OLs are decent. murray's injury history and huge workload last season are an issue IMO at that dollar amount.

But some people don't like the trade. :unsure:

For different reasons tho.

Some dont think is is all that great thanks to the advance stats crap. (I dont agree)

Some feel RBs are a dime a dozen and he is real expensive. (I only slightly agree)

Some feel that we gave up a great LB to pay a RB a ton of money. Considering the Eagles signed Murry for about the same money without giving anythin up makes sense.

Some dont like the idea that if cut or what ever he carries 5.25 million in dead money in 4 years and still 2.6 million in 5 years.

Hard to feel great about then deal when looking at all the factors. For the next couple of years we might love it but how will we feel 5 years from now.

It has been said many times that McCoy didn't like the way Chip ran things. Also been said Chip will get rid of anyone that isn't 100% into his system. Chip the dictator... Marrone tried to do this.

I love these TV shows of people talking on the phone.

Thanks Yolo! The best ESPN staff are the ones not there anymore like Rich Eisen and Dan Patrick. They prefer jokes now like Cowturd.

Yeah, I still very much enjoy the old group. Eisen knows his stuff and gives a great interview.

Some dont think is is all that great thanks to the advance stats crap. (I dont agree)

Some feel RBs are a dime a dozen and he is real expensive. (I only slightly agree)

Some feel that we gave up a great LB to pay a RB a ton of money. Considering the Eagles signed Murry for about the same money without giving anythin up makes sense.

Some dont like the idea that if cut or what ever he carries 5.25 million in dead money in 4 years and still 2.6 million in 5 years.

Hard to feel great about then deal when looking at all the factors. For the next couple of years we might love it but how will we feel 5 years from now.

15 years no playoffs. I don't care about 5 years from now. 5 years from now they will do what every team in the league has to do eventually, and that's make a couple hard decisions and re-tool. They play games in 2015, that's what I'm focused on. And even with an unsettled QB situation they are still built well for a playoff run.

Edited by purple haze

"I didn't know who the player was I got traded for."

Shady kills the Legend in one soundbyte.

:lol:

They gave up McCoy....