LaCanfora - Fins best Positioned to Knock Off Pats

The Dolphins have clearly taken a step back IMO. I don't know wth LaCanfora is talking about. We and the Jets have made more moves to upgrade our respective teams than the Dolphins have.

They still have the best qb.... At 8-8 they probably underachieved by a game or two (nothing crazy but a little below)..... Objectively they still have a decent team. If they add Crabtree, stills and Cameron are good pieces.... and say they nail there 1st rounder, we are probably in a good debate.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are good points, but I'm going to harp on one thing (again): The Bills were really 8-8 team last year, not a 9-7 team. If the final game had meant anything to the Pats, barring an act of god they would have annihilated the Bills.

i disagree, Brady played the first half and we were winning. No Dareus the whole game and all they could do is run. If you are going to hand out excuses for losses then how about the Chiefs game with Bryce Browns fumble or the raiders game because of that lucky TD run?

I think the Dolphins implode this year. I think that they will be last in the AFC EAST. I think Philbin will lose his job. I think It's Tannehill's last season as the starter because they will do so poorly that they draft a new QB with their top 5 pick in 2016 draft.

Edited by SJDK

These are good points, but I'm going to harp on one thing (again): The Bills were really 8-8 team last year, not a 9-7 team. If the final game had meant anything to the Pats, barring an act of god they would have annihilated the Bills.

No, the Bills were really a 9-7 team, because they went 9-7.

Such stupid logic..."If we throw out all the good results, all the results are bad!"

To be fair that hasn't seemed to matter in the past when the Pats and Bills played late in the year. That, and the Bills were winning the game when Brady came out, it wasn't some sort of BS late rally.

This offseason reminds me off last off season for the Bills.

We signed Graham, Rivers and Spikes. All solid pro bowl talent players to boost our defense. The D was good in 2013, but lacked depth. Those signings made a big difference

This year we focused on improving an anemic offense. Adding Cassel, Clay, Harvin, McCoy and Felton

Pro Bowl Talent and solid players. We now have depth on the offense. I expect a big leap for the Bills

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't Miami anointed the team to dethrone New England after their spending spree in free agency two years ago when they signed all those players they have now cut or traded? Games are won on the field and nobody knows how the season will play out in 2015....

Also, I could care less what La Canfora has to say about how any team is going to fare - especially in March

I believe you're right. I remember being disappointed when Miami got Ellerbee because our LB situation was so bad. Instead, we drafted a guy called Kiko.

I also distinctly remember analysts raving about how clever the Dolphins were for getting Mike Wallace at such a low cap hit his first year by offering a bit more guaranteed and having it spike through the roof his second season.

Whoops.

Annihilated? Really?

Yeah, really.

To be fair that hasn't seemed to matter in the past when the Pats and Bills played late in the year. That, and the Bills were winning the game when Brady came out, it wasn't some sort of BS late rally.

Much of the starting team was out before the end of the end of the first half, and neither Gronk nor Edelman played.

No, the Bills were really a 9-7 team, because they went 9-7.

Such stupid logic..."If we throw out all the good results, all the results are bad!"

Totally disagree, Tom. This isn't a case of selecting out the good from the bad. It's a case of a superior team that was playing at home, didn't need to win at all, and which decided to be protective of their best players by letting them rest easy before the playoffs. It's not the same as the Pats having a bad game or being handicapped by injury. Even when Brady was in there, he was treating like a preseason game, throwing deep throw after deep throw in order to sharpen that part of his game. scoring wasn't even the objective. The Bills hadn't won at NE in the entire Brady era, and they weren't going to start this year against the eventual SB champs if the game had mattered. The feelgood winning record all makes us happier, but really, we should be honest with ourselves. Edited by dave mcbride

The only valid argument is that Tannehill is better than any of our QB. I doubt that it's enough to put the fins in a position to be above the Bills overall or to compete with NE.

If you think that Tannehill is clearly a better QB than what the Bills have then you can't really argue with LaConfora. It's a QB driven league and if your team has a clear advantage in that area then 9 times out of 10 they will have a better record.

I think Tannehill is way over rated here and I think Manuel will eventually prove to be the better QB. Having said that, I really don't care what the media types say right now. The Bills are going to be a playoff team this year and I'd be shocked if Miami beat them.

Its ok everyone is supposed to hate the Bills in the media

CBF

Correct, and when the Bills are good again and winning , the media will turn it guns on the area (snows in July, all that stuff will come out again).. advice: do not expect to get love from the media for this franchise/city. it is not going to happen. too easy a target

Correct, and when the Bills are good again and winning , the media will turn it guns on the area (snows in July, all that stuff will come out again).. advice: do not expect to get love from the media for this franchise/city. it is not going to happen. too easy a target

Have you totally missed how much love this franchise has gotten when they've managed to stay out of their own way?