Patriots signing Stevie Johnson

Luxy312

Couldn't agree more. Calvin Johnson has sucked pretty much his entire career too. Same with Andre Johnson.

I used to think Calvin Johnson was the greatest WR of all time... now I'm not so sure:

2007 (Lions) 7-9

2008 (Lions) 0-16

2009 (Lions) 2-14

2010 (Lions) 6-10

2011 (Lions) 10-6

2012 (Lions) 4-12

2013 (Lions) 7-9

2014 (Lions) 11-5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point, you have to consider cost for every position grouping.

While it's fun to think Daddy Pegs has an infinite checkbook, IMO we want to be in position to sign a franchise QB in 2016 (if one comes available), extend Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn and possibly resign Harvin if he has a monster year. Striking a balance between some lower cost depth players that will give us more flexibility beyond 2015 is just smart roster management, IMO...

You have a point, but I have faith in DW not, as some would put it, "put them in cap jail".

Originally I was just thinking of receiver only, not special teams, I do like Goodwin as a return man but think about this 4 receiver set;

Watkins and Woods on the outside

Harvin and Stevie inside/slot

Twitter:

Stevie's about to sign w/ the Patriots

Reality:

Stevie's agent has seen 2 offers. 1 from the Pats and 1 from the Chargers. The Chargers offer is stronger, but he knows he might be able to squeeze SD for a little more loot by having the headlines read that Stevie is about to sign with NE. Might be able to get and extra 250k out of them. I fully expect him to choose SD come tomorrow.

That's what Jordan Cameron did with the Dols.

What about him? Steve Johnson- the 2015 version- would be the 5th best WR on our roster at the moment. He was really good in 2010 for a while and then good in 2011 and 2012. His play dropped significantly in 2013. And the 49ers, who need all the help they can get at WR, saw fit to cut him outright. What am I missing here?

What you are missing is that Sj his performance was tied to a certain QB, be it chemistry or something else... He also did very well with Hamdan with caused him to get noticed in the first place (within the team). What both Fritz and Hamdan had in common is the ability to read the field, thus anticipate to the adjustments SJ made to his routes. He might do well with Cassel tbh.

AFC Championship Game - Bills 24, Cheatriots 20; 4th down with 5 seconds left in the game, Cheaters ball on the Bills 15 yard line.... Brady drops back and fires a rocket to a wide open Stevie Johnson........ oh $&%#, it hit him in the Sharpie and he dropped it, Bills win!!!

But wait! Jerry Hughes is flagged with roughing the passer after he touched Brady's shoulder pad, giving the Pats* an automatic first down inside the 10.

We're now hearing there's a problem with the play clock, so to be fair Roger Goodell made an executive decision to add 15 more seconds to the clock.

Is there anything Tom Brady can't do?

Edited by LABillzFan

But wait! Jerry Hughes is flagged with roughing the passer after he touched Brady's shoulder pad, giving the Pats* an automatic first down inside the 10.

We're now hearing there's a problem with the play clock, so to be fair Roger Goodell made an executive decision to add 15 more seconds to the clock.

Is there anything Tom Brady can't do?

The NFL treats all players and franchises equally both on and off the field.