Patriots signing Stevie Johnson

Luxy312

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about him? Steve Johnson- the 2015 version- would be the 5th best WR on our roster at the moment. He was really good in 2010 for a while and then good in 2011 and 2012. His play dropped significantly in 2013. And the 49ers, who need all the help they can get at WR, saw fit to cut him outright. What am I missing here?

He has gone to the ENEMY.

thats bad.

Stevie's career team records:

2008 (Bills) 7-9

2009 (Bills) 6-10

2010 (Bills) 4-12

2011 (Bills) 6-10

2012 (Bills) 6-10

2013 (Bills) 6-10

2014 (49ers) 8-8

Some guys make their teams winners. Stevie's teams' best record was last year, at 8-8.

Good luck with that, Pats.

probably wants to make it work on the West Coast if possible. some mutual interest in San Diego

Bill wanted a download on Gailey.

SJ!# will get picked up if that groin has finally healed.

Edited by 3rdand12

The Pats realize he's the only WR in the league who can dominate Revis. This signing is important for four games a year, two each with the Jets (and Revis) and the Bills (who no longer will care, but still...).

He had good games against him, but whether he still can is the big question mark.

Tell me how much Stevie's gonna cost first. He'd be #3 or #4 on the depth chart and we've already got Harvin at $6 million. Can't pay that much for someone who'd essentially be a backup.

Without a doubt, Goodwin has to have a career training camp and stay healthy, but I'd like to see what he can do in a better scheme than he's played in so far...

Not considering cost, because DW is a wizard, he would make it beneficial either way.

I think I would take Stevie, I really like Goodwin, but he just can't stay healthy, and consistently produce.

With the other receivers we have now, we won't need Stevie to make the "clutch" catch every time.

Not considering cost, because DW is a wizard,

At some point, you have to consider cost for every position grouping.

While it's fun to think Daddy Pegs has an infinite checkbook, IMO we want to be in position to sign a franchise QB in 2016 (if one comes available), extend Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn and possibly resign Harvin if he has a monster year. Striking a balance between some lower cost depth players that will give us more flexibility beyond 2015 is just smart roster management, IMO...

Good with him and Scott, they should drop about ten passes a game....... Okay now I got that out of the way, damn and eff The Effing f Cheaters*

may the patriots have many "Atlanta Falcons vs. Bills in Toronto" finishes to their games.

At some point, you have to consider cost for every position grouping.

While it's fun to think Daddy Pegs has an infinite checkbook, IMO we want to be in position to sign a franchise QB in 2016 (if one comes available), extend Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn and possibly resign Harvin if he has a monster year. Striking a balance between some lower cost depth players that will give us more flexibility beyond 2015 is just smart roster management, IMO...

Mario Williams contract will effect this but I agree

What in God's name did you take issue with my post about? I said Stevie Johnson used to be good and now he's not quite as good and that's "trolling?" Would you please stop throwing that term around so incredibly haphazardly?

I'm sure you realize you're asking that of the single biggest troll on this site.

Betting on "never"?

Never (again under Belichick/Brady), next year, your choice. They've run out of ways to cheat and lost their best defensive player, who helped them barely win last year.

But hey, if I'm wrong, that's what the bet is there for. ;)

Edited by Doc

I'm sure you realize you're asking that of the single biggest troll on this site.

Oh I know exactly who I'm talking to. I'm just waiting for the day he takes off his mask and says "dude do you realize how much time you wasted arguing with me, the whole thing was a joke." I am seriously 50/50 that that is the situation.

2008 (Bills) 7-9

2009 (Bills) 6-10

2010 (Bills) 4-12

2011 (Bills) 6-10

2012 (Bills) 6-10

2013 (Bills) 6-10

2014 (49ers) 8-8

Some guys make their teams winners. Stevie's teams' best record was last year, at 8-8.

You must not like Fred Jackson nor pretty much the entire Bills roster as team "winners".

2008 (Bills) 7-9

2009 (Bills) 6-10

2010 (Bills) 4-12

2011 (Bills) 6-10

2012 (Bills) 6-10

2013 (Bills) 6-10

2014 (49ers) 8-8

Couldn't agree more. Calvin Johnson has sucked pretty much his entire career too. Same with Andre Johnson.

Twitter:

Stevie's about to sign w/ the Patriots

Reality:

Stevie's agent has seen 2 offers. 1 from the Pats and 1 from the Chargers. The Chargers offer is stronger, but he knows he might be able to squeeze SD for a little more loot by having the headlines read that Stevie is about to sign with NE. Might be able to get and extra 250k out of them. I fully expect him to choose SD come tomorrow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/stevie-johnson-to-pick-pats-or-chargers-on-tuesday-morning/

Twitter:

Stevie's about to sign w/ the Patriots

Reality:

Stevie's agent has seen 2 offers. 1 from the Pats and 1 from the Chargers. The Chargers offer is stronger, but he knows he might be able to squeeze SD for a little more loot by having the headlines read that Stevie is about to sign with NE. Might be able to get and extra 250k out of them. I fully expect him to choose SD come tomorrow.

oops Estro!!

Good post> i would think this is likelier than not about Chargers