Pressure on Roman

gjv001

The word on Roman is that he is a very intelligent, innovative football mind. Now take a look at the talent we're accumulating on offense. It seems that Roman, who likes a running game, has a lot of options. Maybe he has something new in mind.

We have a great running back in McCoy. A WR who excels at the end-around and reverse (Harvin). Bubble screen master Watkins. And two quarterbacks who have wheels in EJ and Tyrod.

I'm not a brilliant football mind, but I can see potential here to keep a defense off balance.

Don't forget mobile blockers in Felton and Gray, maybe Clay

Roman is just fine. People forget that our previous coaching staff couldnt coach a soup sandwich. We have some young talent on the line that needs to be coached up and we grabbed incognito. Im not writing Manuel off and he is going to be pushed by Cassel. All the other skill positions are set minus TE. Dont fret we will get one in FA still and the draft.

I read the articles on Buffalo Rumblings regarding Roman's offense, specifically the blocking schemes utilized, and concluded that the current stable of linemen may be very successful in this system. The current analysis on this board surrounding the linemen we have under contract is based on a system that didn't play to their strengths. Many are assuming that last year's results will be repeated even though they will be in a completely different system. We might not address the offensive line anymore in FA if Roman believes his current linemen can execute his system.

Edited by AmishRifle

I think Richardson can play guard at a high level in this scheme. I am hopeful that Bentley's camp works magic for Kojo...also Laken Tomlinson, who is the hot interior linemen following the senior bowl hopefully will be available at 50.

Yes, I would have loved a vet, but I think we need to have players play out of their pay rate in order to win...maybe it Richardson or kujo...regarding Henderson, I will be happy to see him make it to camp without getting in trouble.

Roman is just fine. People forget that our previous coaching staff couldnt coach a soup sandwich. We have some young talent on the line that needs to be coached up and we grabbed incognito. Im not writing Manuel off and he is going to be pushed by Cassel. All the other skill positions are set minus TE. Dont fret we will get one in FA still and the draft.

:blink:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I read the articles on Buffalo Rumblings regarding Roman's offense, specifically the blocking schemes utilized, and concluded that the current stable of linemen may be very successful in this system. The current analysis on this board surrounding the linemen we have under contract is based on a system that didn't play to their strengths. Many are assuming that last year's results will be repeated even though they will be in a completely different system. We might not address the offensive line anymore in FA if Roman believes his current linemen can execute his system.

Add to that Aaron Kromer is supposed to be a top notch OL coach

I'm beginning to think the offense that they're crafting is not what many believe it is going to be. There are too many pieces that just don't seem to fit. Though it makes sense to look at Romans history in SF, I can't help but wonder if they're going for more of a spread/ west coast style

What is a soup sandwich?

I remember reading an article about Roman diving into the old SF playbooks and finding brilliant running plays. He spent his time absorbing as much as he could about offensive philosophies from prior coaches. He managed to use that knowledge to shape a great running attack for SF. Just think of Buffalo's history on the run game. Buffalo has a long and extensive history of getting the most out of the run game. There are so many backs that have performed at the top of the league here in Buffalo, I think Roman will find those playbooks and use them.

Roman is a different kind of egg. He's like a mad hatter in the film room and when designing plays. He is still writing his legacy though. The guy is still relatively young and still very hungry. I like the hire. People get the notion that his style in SF is going to be the same here. I don't believe that at all. Sure he'll use some concepts derived from his time in SF, but he will also look at the Bills roster and find ways to match plays designed to use the strengths he has on the roster.

Pressure? Maybe so, but if I was him, I'd be reveling in it.

Edited by Rockinon