Harvin signs w/ Bills: 3 yr / $24M (voids to 1 yr / $6M)

Both Lewis & Tuel got him the ball.

Yeah, you're right. Lewis in the Bengals game 2 years ago (right?) and Tuel in the early part of the KC game 2 years ago. I was going to mention that as a side note, but trying to keep my post short.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bills fans are happy we have all these new shinny toys to play with, but all these toys dont tend to win many games. I feel like the Redskins or something, signing and trading for these older vets.

We still have no QB and a weak OL. How does Percy Harvin and McCoy give us better OL play? They dont. Without better OL play we are not going to have a strong ground game, I dont care how good McCoy is, he cannot block for himself. Harvin wont be able to throw it to himself. How is he going to be an upgrade to Hogan in that regard (Not returns, etc)

Hogan is nothing special but on a team with a legit QB he would sure look at lot better than he is. Our WR core was fine, especially with the big investment in Watkins. RBs didnt need a superstar we needed a late round Rookie or some budget vet to fill in with Freddie and Boobie, behind what should have been to focus of the Offseason - a much improved OL. I dont understand the drive to upgrade the skill position here; we gotta land some O Lineman for petes sakes.

WR1-SAMMY WATKINS

WR2-OH MERCY THE BILLS HAVE PERCY

TE1-ALL DAY CHARLIE CLAY

LT-CORDY GLENN

LG-EVAN MATHIS

C- ERIC BIG WOOD

RG-DICKIE INCOGNITO

RT-SEANTREL HENDERSON

RB1-FRED JACKSON........NUFF SAID

RB1A-SHADY FREAKIN MCCOY

FB-JEROME THUMP FELTON

QB-TYROD YUP TYROD TAYLOR

RETURN EXTRODINAIRS-OH MERCY PERCY & JORDAN GAY

TOYS- MARQUISE GOODWIN-ROBERT IN THE WOODS-CHRIS HULK HOGAN-MARQUES GRAY MATTER-BOOBIES R FUN DIXON

NOW BOYS THAT IS AN NFL FREAKIN OFFENSE READY FOR ALL SCENARIOS AND THEN WE DRAFT BRYCE PETTY TO GROOM BEHIND TYROD

No way is Harvin a better #2 than Woods. More like #3 and will run a lot of Jet sweep action, especially if EJ is the QB

WR1-SAMMY WATKINS

WR2-OH MERCY THE BILLS HAVE PERCY

TE1-ALL DAY CHARLIE CLAY

LT-CORDY GLENN

LG-EVAN MATHIS

C- ERIC BIG WOOD

RG-DICKIE INCOGNITO

RT-SEANTREL HENDERSON

RB1-FRED JACKSON........NUFF SAID

RB1A-SHADY FREAKIN MCCOY

FB-JEROME THUMP FELTON

QB-TYROD YUP TYROD TAYLOR

RETURN EXTRODINAIRS-OH MERCY PERCY & JORDAN GAY

TOYS- MARQUISE GOODWIN-ROBERT IN THE WOODS-CHRIS HULK HOGAN-MARQUES GRAY MATTER-BOOBIES R FUN DIXON

NOW BOYS THAT IS AN NFL FREAKIN OFFENSE READY FOR ALL SCENARIOS AND THEN WE DRAFT BRYCE PETTY TO GROOM BEHIND TYROD

I like this.

I know Bills fans are happy we have all these new shinny toys to play with, but all these toys dont tend to win many games. I feel like the Redskins or something, signing and trading for these older vets.

We still have no QB and a weak OL. How does Percy Harvin and McCoy give us better OL play? They dont. Without better OL play we are not going to have a strong ground game, I dont care how good McCoy is, he cannot block for himself. Harvin wont be able to throw it to himself. How is he going to be an upgrade to Hogan in that regard (Not returns, etc)

Hogan is nothing special but on a team with a legit QB he would sure look at lot better than he is. Our WR core was fine, especially with the big investment in Watkins. RBs didnt need a superstar we needed a late round Rookie or some budget vet to fill in with Freddie and Boobie, behind what should have been to focus of the Offseason - a much improved OL. I dont understand the drive to upgrade the skill position here; we gotta land some O Lineman for petes sakes.

You are right on. Nice fancy toys but we need guys in the trenches. Just get us one more solid guard

Well who would you suggest they sign? They made Bulaga an offer and he took less to resign w the Packers. Not sure what happened w Iutapi but he signed for a lot of money w Arizona. Who do you want the Bills to get?

True. This team needs a guard, but just as importantly, they need a proper right tackle. Henderson isn`t going to cut it.

Of course better players win more games. The shiny toys are going to help.

Whaley didn't find a QB because there are no great QBs available. He did the best he could and signed a serviceable journeyman and a younger guy with some upside.

As for the OL, it did get better when we hired Greg Roman who knows how to design running plays far better than Marrone/Hackett. Last year's linemen complained about contradictory instructions. The veteran coaches we have now will get better work from the line. Then there's Incognito who was a Pro Bowler his last full season, even with his head planted firmly up his ass. We also added a better RB and a better FB to lead block. Our run game will be better - though another OG would help. I'm with you if your point is games are won in the trenches.

And, btw, we did need a superstar RB. When you don't have an elite QB, you better have an elite RB is you expect to win many games. Since the former was unavailable, Whaley got us the latter.

Relax Peterpan. A very good RB will make the OL look better. That is not to say we shouldn't be upgrading the OL also. Free agency & trades aren't over & don't forget the Draft.

I'm actually more excited that we kept him away from the Pats than I am to see him on our team.

That's first thing i thought! He'll get ajet sweep or 2 a game, catch a screen or 2, and play slot in 3 WR sets. He will be an asset on KO and PR, but nowadays, KO returns are such rarities with all the touchbacks.

On Pats, they would find a way to FULLY utilize him and he could have become the beast ppl were thinking he'd become when we was in Minny. Here, he'll be a big play type guy but too many mouth's to feed on O, especially if we land Clay. This is gonna be a run oriented O, Shaddy is gonna get 20 touches a game and then there is the guy we traded up for and gave up this yr #1 pick for... Sammy... Sammy will be focal point of O. Percy will certainly help keep D's honest will a proven game changer on other side, which we lack with Woods. Woods is a competent starter but is not a guy D's fear. Solid, possession WR type. Percy can stretch a D and burn u

I don't like agreeing with you.... but I have to agree with this. Whoever is at QB is going to need time to throw to Harvin and the backs are going to need holes to run through.

I bet we are going to have a horizontal offense with bubble screens & jet sweeps. This will probably open up some holes for McCoy. Sounds like a good plan when you are working with journeyman QBs.

A bit puzzled by this one year deal. What's the point without a QB to throw to the WRs. Unless they plan on running a lot of short stuff, WR screens etc. and think Cassel (or Taylor/Manuel I suppose) can handle at least that much?

Edited by CodeMonkey