[closed]Charles Clay to Bills? - the sequel/trilogy

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry, but if Miami wants to have two high-paid TEs, neither of whom are named "Gronkowski" or "Graham," plus the huge cap numbers for Suh, Wallace, and Tannehil, I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing.

if they keep getting more good players , it's bad for the rest of the AFC East

Seeing that $28.5 million cap number for Suh in 2016 is HILARIOUS. I assume that they have a plan to restructure it at some point, but that's probably not something you want hanging out there unresolved.

id assume that a large portion will become a signing bonus next year and count 20% annually the rest of the contract.

If Miami gets him....make it very uncomfortable for them financially....front load that offer!

and of course, guarantee a bunch if you think your keeping him around, so they cant cut him after 2 years.

Yeah, but Lazer did use Ertz and Celek I believe...

I just don't understand how they can afford all of this stuff

It can always be done for a single season...sometimes 2 if all aligns properly...make no mistake though, it will come home to roost.

Yeah, but Lazer did use Ertz and Celek I believe...

I just don't understand how they can afford all of this stuff

so many people can't get over focusing on the cap. Since they are signing people and still have cap space, I'm guessing they can afford it. Face it, Dolphins are improving their team, no matter how we twist it.

so many people can't get over focusing on the cap. Since they are signing people and still have cap space, I'm guessing they can afford it. Face it, Dolphins are improving their team, no matter how we twist it.

:blink: I believe the cap is a factor in free agency and team building. Do you think it's irrelevant?

The point is at what expense in the future though. That is why people are focusing on the cap. No one is saying they aren't getting better. All I see are people saying they are actively pinching themselves in the future.

If they want to break the bank on Clay, let them go ahead and do it. Jerry and Mario will still get to Tannehill before he has a chance to look for either tight end.

LOL! Which one is Gronk?

GO BILLS!!!

:lol:

that was a killer combo...get it? get it? :bag:

Yes.

The Dolphins run a completely different Offense. Not buying this crap leaked by agents.

Exactly.

What would the Dolphins do with Dion Sims, btw?

:blink: I believe the cap is a factor in free agency and team building. Do you think it's irrelevant?

of course it's not irrelevant, but as i have and so have many others stated here, the team is much more aware of their situation then we are. I guess I can't get over everyone seeming to understand the implications more then the team. The cap goes up considerably each year, teams are loaded with money to help restructure existing deals to create even more space. It's rarely a concern for a team, unless, like new orleans, you go all out in one year and it doesn't pan out.

The point is at what expense in the future though. That is why people are focusing on the cap. No one is saying they aren't getting better. All I see are people saying they are actively pinching themselves in the future.

Cap is expected to go up 10 million next year, maybe again in 2017. I think people are looking for a silver lining to Miami and other teams signing lots of talent.

of course it's not irrelevant, but as i have and so have many others stated here, the team is much more aware of their situation then we are. I guess I can't get over everyone seeming to understand the implications more then the team. The cap goes up considerably each year, teams are loaded with money to help restructure existing deals to create even more space. It's rarely a concern for a team, unless, like new orleans, you go all out in one year and it doesn't pan out.

Cap is expected to go up 10 million next year, maybe again in 2017. I think people are looking for a silver lining to Miami and other teams signing lots of talent.

Yes it is. And they have young players on there roster that are in need of extensions. It is by far a good thing for us. The cap going up by 10 mill a year is not going to fix what they did. Also remember the flat line in cap increase we had a few years ago. There is never a guarantee this cap increase will continue at this pace.

Is Miami improving there team? Yes. Are they mortgaging the future similar to how New Orleans did last year? No doubt they are.