What would it take to get Drew Brees...Trade rumor to Bucs..

GoBills!

Rumor in florida that Bucs maybe interessted in trading for Brees...I personally would love for the Bills to do this because it gives us a no reason not to be a superbowl contender for the next two years. It may not mesh with Rex ground and pound running game but our offense weapons would be a dream for him, but his cap hit is insane for the next two years ( which is a negative)..I would give them a first next year for him if they would trade him and restructure his deal he has 2 solid years left before he declines I believe.....

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/3/11/8189863/nfl-trade-rumors-drew-brees-jameis-winston-buccaneers-draft-2015

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa would be stupid to trade for him. They are in rebuilding mode. The Bills are a team that's a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender so it would make sense for us IMO. Offer our 1st next yr (knowing that it won't be top 30 anyhow)

Whoever trades for him just assumes his base salary. Bonuses are on the Saints. So his cap number is only 18.75 this year to the team trading for him. 19.75 next year. Plus, you get a year to work out an extension with him to potentially lower that already pretty fair cap number. Basically, you open up a window of 4 years of being a contender and you are not paying Brees astronomical money where it's destroying your cap.

Still don't think they are moving him though.

It depends.

Play in FLA, No state income tax, stay in divison, not far from current home.

Tampap has a lot of perks.

None of which leads to more rings

Still a pipe dream.

Edited by qwksilver

Rumor in florida that Bucs maybe interessted in trading for Brees...I personally would love for the Bills to do this because it gives us a no reason not to be a superbowl contender for the next two years. It may not mesh with Rex ground and pound running game but our offense weapons would be a dream for him, but his cap hit is insane for the next two years ( which is a negative)..I would give them a first next year for him if they would trade him and restructure his deal he has 2 solid years left before he declines I believe.....

I think the Saints might go for EJ Manuel, next year's 1st and maybe the 2nd from this year or next.

Let me ask you this....

If you're Brees and you had to pick between Bills and Bucs who would he pick?

Id retire.

I think the Saints might go for EJ Manuel, next year's 1st and maybe the 2nd from this year or next.

Why do you think that?

I think they'd go for watkins EJ and next years first rounder. That's 4 first rd picks!

Brees for this year's second pick and their choice either Mario or Marcel. You need to really sweeten that pot for them to do it. Bills instant super bowl contender even if it is a short 2-3 year window. Just like the Bronco's did

@SI_PeterKing: ICYMI, from a talk with Sea GM John Schneider, re Saints roster.

-

Schneider to NO GM Mickey Loomis: Anything off limits?

-

Loomis: No."

I like that answer....Send them a player and next years first and I would be estatic like I was at the greatest comeback in NFL history ...PS I didnt leave .....

Edited by GoBills!