What would it take to get Drew Brees...Trade rumor to Bucs..

GoBills!

Second this year, 1st and 3rd in 2016 and maybe another late pick somewhere. We could win the Super Bowl this year! What is going on in New Orleans is actually a pretty sad situation. Tom Benson's gold digging wife seems to be in control of his estate while his mind is deteriorating. She cut his kids off and maybe she wants to cut salary. If Brees is available we have to take a shot. Overpay, I don't care. Keep this roster in tact and add Brees and I think we would be favorites to win it all.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brees won't be traded. Sorry to pee in people's Cheerios.

I'm not saying you're wrong but Montana left san fran, Peyton left Indy...yes they had replacements so we would have to pay some serious draft picks. They know he's got a short time left and just gave up his hall of fame tight end. They would be mailing it in next year and the year after...kind of like a hockey rebuild.

I'm not saying you're wrong but Montana left san fran, Peyton left Indy...yes they had replacements so we would have to pay some serious draft picks. They know he's got a short time left and just gave up his hall of fame tight end. They would be mailing it in next year and the year after...kind of like a hockey rebuild.

There is so much more to it though. Brees' role in revitalizing and uniting the city post Katrina has him on a pedestal that I have never seen a player reach locally. He is an icon and a hero in New Orleans. He isn't just the greatest player in franchise history but one of the most important people in New Orleans history. It's hard to explain and I'm not sure that peope other than NoSaint can relate to it but Brees means so, so, so much more to New Orleans than starting 16 games a year.

There is so much more to it though. Brees' role in revitalizing and uniting the city post Katrina has him on a pedestal that I have never seen a player reach locally. He is an icon and a hero in New Orleans. He isn't just the greatest player in franchise history but one of the most important people in New Orleans history. It's hard to explain and I'm not sure that peope other than NoSaint can relate to it but Brees means so, so, so much more to New Orleans than starting 16 games a year.

I agree but it seems they are going in to a rebuild mode look at the past two years and it hasnt been because of Brees....Why not free the space now and let him go elsewhere to win again..Im sure he will return to retire or take a office job...Brees is like Kelly to buffalo...

I agree but it seems they are going in to a rebuild mode look at the past two years and it hasnt been because of Brees....Why not free the space now and let him go elsewhere to win again..Im sure he will return to retire or take a office job...Brees is like Kelly to buffalo...

He's bigger than Kelly here. It is like the Yankees rebuilding and moving on from Derek Jeter late in his career. It just isn't going to happen unless he asks for it (which he hasn't).

Another factor is the Benson family fight for the team. If team Gayle wants to win in the court of public opinion it would be a wise move to keep the most popular player in franchise history.

Again, it's hard to explain if you aren't experiencing it but it isn't really like Montana or Manning or Favre. There are so many factors beyond the play on the field that are unique to the Saints franchise and the City of New Orleans. He will be in the black and gold until he tells them otherwise.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

And his GM said nobody is off limits, Sounds like there is NO way he's going anywhere.

Stop screwing around ONE buffalo, solve the QB position for the first time in 15 YEARS.

We can make the cap room, trade some picks and a players or two and get this done. ( With Brees, and these weapons, and this defense Buffalo would be right in the discussion for Super Bowl Favorite for the next 2 or 3 years.

Most of bills Fans would gladly sell some future for an opportunity to win a super bowl now, buffalo is taking a run, what better way to do that than go out and get a REAL PRO BOWL QB. A guy that threw for over 4000 yds last year.

Edited by gordong

seriously, do we really want to trade valuable asetts for a 36 year old guy who is owed something like 54M over the next two years? Where would that leave us in two years? Would he even fit into the plans the coaching staff is working under?

I just don't see the value here. Sure if NO released Brees, make a pitch, but to trade something for that player, with his current contract. I don't see it.

And his GM said nobody is off limits, Sounds like there is NO way he's going anywhere.

Stop screwing around ONE buffalo, solve the QB position for the first time in 15 YEARS.

We can make the cap room, trade some picks and a players or two and get this done. ( With Brees, and these weapons, and this defense Buffalo would be right in the discussion for Super Bowl Favorite for the next 2 or 3 years.

Most of bills Fans would gladly sell some future for an opportunity to win a super bowl now, buffalo is taking a run, what better way to do that than go out and get a REAL PRO BOWL QB. A guy that threw for over 4000 yds last year.

I guess the point that I was making is this isn't the GM's call. Brees would have to go to ownership and request a trade.

Also, Loomis said that no one was off limits to Seattle knowing that they aren't trading for a QB. The other report which is much more realistic says that everyone but Brees and Cooks are available.

All true, Kirby, But..

Namath brought the Jets their only SB win -shocking the world and giving instant credence to the AFL. He's STILL a legend in NYC. Ended his career with the Rams.

Johnny Unitas brought the Colts their 1st title and single-handedly raised the level of the game we know today. Remains a legend even after death on B'more. Finished with the Chargers.

There's more, but the counter-point has been laid.?Drrw can run for LA Govener after football and will likely win. It won't matter where his last days in the League were spent.

RE Trade Rumor Drew Brees!!!

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/12/8203041/saints-trade-rumors-drew-brees-brandin-cooks

The New Orleans Saints are ready for an overhaul. After going 7-9 last season, the Saints are reportedly shopping "everyone but Drew Brees and Brandin Cooks," according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

@ProFootballTalk: Saints reportedly shopping everyone but Brees and Cooks http://t.co/MIYYMO2k00

dang it too slow again!!!

I predicted that the Saints would go this route because they weren't very good last year, they're $20M+ over the cap, and they have a 36 yr old QB who is getting paid waaaayyyy too much money on a team in that situation. Most teams blew it up when they're in that situation......and the Saints apprently are no different.

That being said, the Bills owe it to themselves and the great fans of Buffalo to explore what it would take to pry the future HOF QB from the Saints.

The Bills are built to win now. The one glaring missing piece is a vet QB who can produce wins in the clutch and who can perform with the likes of T. Brady.

The Bills are NOT going to be able to find that type of QB in FA or in the 2015 draft.

Offer a R2 and R5 in 2015 plus QB Cassel plus future considerations for Brees and see what they say. The Bills will not be able to acquire a more impactful player this season or next.

Think about it.......Brees/McCoy/Clay/Watkins/Woods + stellar defense & ST + Rex Ryan = great things!!

I guess that it probably makes sense on the outside but it is not taken very serious down here. Like I said earlier it's hard to explain and the only real comparison that I can think of is Jeter. If and when Brees moves on it will be because he went to the Saints and asked them for it. His role in helping the city recover has given him immunity. It probably doesn't make sense but if you were here it would (not to mention if they trade him they take a MASSIVE cap hit).

And of the expensive veterans who won’t be traded or released, many have agreed to contract restructurings: Marques Colston, Junior Galette and Jairus Byrd have all had some of the cap hits on their contracts pushed out of 2015 and into future years.

Poor Jairus leaving us for NO, then having to restructure before his foot is even healed.... :lol:

Edited by GoBills!

the odd thing about "everyone but Drew Brees" strikingly odd is that Drew has a cap hit of #25Mil and dead cap of well over $30Mil if you read the #;s correctly.

They need to find a way to alleviate the elephant in the room Brees cap

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever