Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

If Tyrod starts I say we steal the VT enter sandman openings to home games as well.

That opening rocks live for any who have been. Whole stadium goes bananas and starts shaking.

Haha. It IS the best. The place goes nuts for the opening. No good video does the opening Sandman justice, but this one is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc

Probably everyone who has lived in Virginia for any length of time....every single stupid Chokie is the best football player to ever set foot on a football field....EVER. :devil: (and for the record i would say the same about any poseur that comes out UVAint)

As VT grad... I'm the first to agree with you. Constantly overrated. When the Bills drafted Ed Wang, I was immediately disappointed at wasting the draft pick.... Kam Chancellor though!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the signing. I'm still certain we will be drafting a QB next month, and it's intriguing that Taylor's skill set is very similar to Brett Hundley's - both a match for Roman's read option. Good possibility we enter camp with 4 QB's.

I came here to post the same thing. Bring in 10 of em for all I care and have em battle it out.

I'm all for it!! It pissed me off when competition wasn't brought in for Trent Edwards and others because it might hurt their confidence.

Apologies if this already got linked

Tyrod Taylor draft combine results

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyrod-taylor?id=2495240

Draft scouting reports

http://draftace.com/blog/2011/04/04/tyrod-taylor-scouting-report/

https://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/tyrod-taylor-qb-virgina-tech-scouting-report/

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72049&draftyear=2011&genpos=QB(ranked 9 out of 86 QB)

Bottom line seems to be he was considered a 3-year project. Well hey y'all.....

I like this option quite a bit. He seems like a more developed EJ, or someone who could push him closer to completion possibly. Have those guys, Cassel, and a mid-round pick like Grayson battle it out and keep 3 of them.

No offense, but I don't follow...how is a guy who was a bigger project than EJ coming out of college who's never played a single relevant snap in his career more developed than EJ who has 14 starts, 3 come back wins, etc?

EJ I would gather is substantially further along than Taylor. I like the signing, low risk project, but to say he's more developed than EJ is just puzzling to me.

This is a guy that's gonna challenge for a back up spot IMO with potential to develop down the road.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiwTVQmQih5c&ei=MhACVfHxBMGqgwSSt4PgDg&usg=AFQjCNGpR_-5E4z7LT3DsWBJl4QWxjFS6A&bvm=bv.88198703,d.eXY

i have to disagree with many here..

unless the Raven coaches have changed his game, this highlight compilation of his VT days shows a gifted athlete who's constantly looking to run first. i don't see one pass where he actually sets up and throws the ball without a lot of wasted movement. if he's been coached to try to execute his throws first, he may have eliminated some of the juke and jive crap in the pocket. honestly, ive never seen him play - not in college or the pros - so i can only go on what i see there.. and if he stil plays the same way, EJ is already a more settled pocket QB - if that's what Roman wants.. hey - roll the dice, but i wouldn't get too excited about this.

Edited by BackInDaDay

Hey backindadsy- I don't know what you been

watching but in this video he is a throw first

and run 2nd QB. He doing a lot of what Russell

Wilson does. I even see him taking snaps from under center. This guy is good and it's a great

signing.

watch the video and find out for your self

No offense, but I don't follow...how is a guy who was a bigger project than EJ coming out of college who's never played a single relevant snap in his career more developed than EJ who has 14 starts, 3 come back wins, etc?

EJ I would gather is substantially further along than Taylor. I like the signing, low risk project, but to say he's more developed than EJ is just puzzling to me.

This is a guy that's gonna challenge for a back up spot IMO with potential to develop down the road.

Agreed. I look at who we've brought in and all I can think is, "so, we didn't make a run at Sanchez because ...???" Or if it was Sanchez who wasn't interested in coming to Buffalo, well, then I guess he's just fine with carrying Sam Bradford's jock. Let's be honest here. I don't hate this signing. Low risk, all that. But how is this any different than bringing in, say, Terrelle Pryor or Tim Tebow? Or whatever that lefthanded guy's name is, the one who was out of football for a year and then played a little for the Redskins? I wouldn't be ranting if I thought other QB moves were coming. I don't. I really think they're planning to go into camp with EJ-Cassel-Tyrod-6th Rounder as the "competitors." This is still the worst QB situation in football. Disagree? Name a worse one. Houston? No. Mallet and Hoyer. Tennessee? Close, but I think 31 of 32 GMs would take Mettenberger over EJ. Jets? Very close, but the last time Cassel had a better QB rating than Fitzy? 2010. OK, maybe Cleveland. Actually, definitely Cleveland. So there we are, stuck with, "Hey, our QBs aren't demonstrably worse than Cleveland's!" I guess I should feel good about that.

EDIT: the lefty I couldn't remember the name of is Pat White. There's always room for Pat White if Plan EJ-Matt-Tyrod fails.

Lots of progress made in the offseason, but the QB situation is still depressing, and there's absolutely no solution in sight, not this year, not next year ... ever?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Hey backindadsy- I don't know what you been

watching but in this video he is a throw first

and run 2nd QB. He doing a lot of what Russell

Wilson does. I even see him taking snaps from under center. This guy is good and it's a great

signing.

watch the video and find out for your self

He's explosive and a playmaker. But I get what backindadsy is saying. You rarely see him take his drop, then fire with conviction. He'll take his drop then either bounce a few times or take a quick few steps, then pass it.

He's explosive and a playmaker. But I get what backindadsy is saying. You rarely see him take his drop, then fire with conviction. He'll take his drop then either bounce a few times or take a quick few steps, then pass it.

Some of that was the coaching and playcalling at VT (downright awful). But maybe he has a bit of Romo in him and our new QB coach worked with Romo a bit. And by that I mean he tends to extend plays with his feet, sometimes to his own detriment.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Some of that was the coaching and playcalling at VT (downright awful). But maybe he has a bit of Romo in him and our new QB coach worked with Romo a bit.

That's what I've heard. I like his fire. I like how he scrambles with his eyes downfield. Worth the gamble IMO. I remember him lighting up the combine. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Tuel is gone. Even if the other three qb's slipped on mats at camp Tuel still goes. We have a coach now and Tuel is not making out of camp.

All I said was we go to camp with 4 QBs. Right now Tuel is #4. That is all.

At the 2:45 and 3:00 mark are two plays which show an ability to set and make throws. The nice thing the video shows is he has the ability to see the field and run the offense both in the shotgun but also from under center.

There's a realistic chance every player on the (a) roster could get cut [traded/released] if the front office feels it is a necessary move !!

No one is replaceable? You lost me again....

I stumbled upon this shortly after our conversation WEO

RE: my intended point - players on any given team are expendable.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/12/8203041/saints-trade-rumors-drew-brees-brandin-cooks

Saints willing to trade almost entire team, according to report

the Saints are reportedly shopping "everyone but Drew Brees and Brandin Cooks," according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

So is EJ still a Bill? It's the second day of Free Agency...

F5

did Leroi give us a date when this would happen?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I watched a bunch of Video on this guy and I see a guy that can take snaps under center. He moves around behind the pocket

and looks to throw the ball down the field. He even says in this video, why its important to look down field when your pocket breaks down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6_JtzrGbE

If we are going to run the SF 49ers offensive with Roman then you need a QB that can do

what Kapernick does. He can do what Kap does for sure with a read option. But I think he plays a lot like

Russell Wilson see video below. Meaning he extends plays so he can throw the ball.

He is a throw first QB that can kill you with the run. He is probably the fastest QB in the NFL.

He is even faster then Kapernick. This guy has all the tools and 4 years of learning behind Flaco.

Mark my words he will win the Starting job. Castle will be the back up and E.J. will get released.

You just don't know it yet, but the Bills just found there Franchise QB.

watch and learn

Edited by billsareback