[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over on Finheaven, they're pretty much bashing the hell out of Buffalo and convinced that there is no chance Clay is signing with Buffalo. One recent post:

More reason to hate Miami and their "fans".

Any independent confirmation of this? I am not sure I trust the cognitive capacity of the average fish fan.

So what you are saying is a 26 year old 2 time pro bowler is just average "on a good day" ? :lol:

With Pro Bowl format changed and game played before the SuperBowl...that phrase has less meaning than ever before.....

Until we're a proven winner, guss the only way to land guys is to trade for them. Further evidence:

@JuMosq: I'm sure this is already out there, but Brandt said Bulaga had an offer for more money in Buffalo on the Football Today pod.

Generally speaking, stealing a guy that's happy as is takes a lot. If you get a job offer from a competitor but your already happy - a few bucks might not be worth it. It he went to some random team for less it would stand out but to stick with what's working? No biggie.

Lower the cost to the Dolphins?

That will show them!

They can sign fasano to replace smith, Gresham to replace chandler (regardless of how good he is he is better than chandler) and draft a guy like nick OLeary for the h-back role.

I'm IN on Gresham, even if he's not the best, he has to be accounted for and is a matchup problem.

Generally speaking, stealing a guy that's happy as is takes a lot. If you get a job offer from a competitor but your already happy - a few bucks might not be worth it. It he went to some random team for less it would stand out but to stick with what's working? No biggie.

Cf. Hughes, J.

Why don't we just pick up the best TE was can with our 2nd pick? Would be a lot cheaper and probably could get a better player than Clay.

from the way it looks and the scouting reports, it doesn't appear a TE who would be as effective as they think Clay would be in their offense will be there at 50. Scouts say it isn't a strong TE draft. I do think picking up a guy like Nick o Leary in the 3rd would be a nice complement if they were to sign say fasano and Gresham. Keep gray as backup.i think Gragg will be gone if they did something like that.

If Williams or Walford were available at 50 by some chance, I think it would be hard to pass up though.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why don't we just pick up the best TE was can with our 2nd pick? Would be a lot cheaper and probably could get a better player than Clay.

Probably? Why be so coy? We definitely could get a better play than Clay. It's not very likely though.

Can't go into draft with glaring needs at a position with intent to just fill it in the draft. Sign Fasano. James Casey is poor man's Charles Clay.

At a certain point though, they will have to cut bait and formulate a new plan.

he was transition tagged weeks ago. They never knew for sure they would get him. Chandler was a goner regardless. I'm sure roman wasn't impressed.

Just read Cameron actually singing with Dolphins not Briwbs as was previously reported

@CharlesRobinson: Contrary to reports, tight end Jordan Cameron will be signing with #Dolphins - not #Browns. Contract details are being finalized right now.

Edited by Max997