TE Lee Smith on his way out

Rubes

I don't think he's a mess blocking but if you pick players with comparable receiving skills (ie lineman) he's flat out bad. If compared to dynamic pass catchers he's pretty good (but I don't think elite).

I think that this best explains it. He was much closer to a bad OL than a TE.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a game in recent years where Lee Smith caught a pass (!) and Chandler was blocking his guy, clearing a path for Smith to make a cut and extend the play. Chandler later asked Smith why he did not make that cut, since Chandler had his guy blocked.

Smith's answer: I don't cut.

Pure gold. I recall this quote!

we had Chandler who could not block and Smith who could not catch. win win.

I think Bills can improve at the TE position.

Well...

It's probably directed more at the "big contract" part than anything...

Smith does a decent job at what he's asked to do...But I'm uncertain what kind of "big contract" he can receive based on what he brings... B-)

"Hey Lee -- can you reach that for me on the top shelf? Thanks man."

No, he was called for holding twice and twice only.

Think all we need to know is this guy got a 15 yd penalty and he was not even friggen dressed for the game!

I don't care what reality is, perception for most, including me, is penalty machine. And all his penalties seemed to wipe out a first down.

CYA Leee!

Think all we need to know is this guy got a 15 yd penalty and he was not even friggen dressed for the game!

I don't care what reality is, perception for most, including me, is penalty machine. And all his penalties seemed to wipe out a first down.

CYA Leee!

Ignoring reality is one way to go about things I suppose.