Punch

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be joking, right?

He is better in every possible way, by a lot-- accuracy, arm strength, vision, mobility, health, etc.

I follow the 49ers a lot (for my brother) and i can tell Kaepernick is awful reading defenses , he usually takes unnecessary timeouts

So what is the asking price?

I get the feeling that the 49'ers are not looking for just draft picks.

Probably not much since you will also gave to take the contract.

would you guys do next year's 1? i'm thinking i would.

We would be picking 32 anyway...

You gotta be joking, right?

He is better in every possible way, by a lot-- accuracy, arm strength, vision, mobility, health, etc.

No, I'm not.

He frequently shows poor judgment (on the field), and was bailed out over and over by his playmakers.

Then again, I guess we DO have a lot of playmakers now. Maybe I could warm up to the idea. We'd have to have a stud "safety valve" TE though.

@CharlesRobinson: If Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block, #49ers would take a $9,863,012 cap hit on the remainder of his signing bonus. This seems wild.

He carries quite a bit of dead money the next two years. Tough time to let him go. Year 3 is cheap to dump him. After that it's basically free. His contract counts between 15-20 against the cap so it's actually manageable. About the same as Mario in just cap dollars per year (not counting dead money if cut/traded here)

The question becomes Dareus or Kaep? We couldn't have them both next year.

Wonder what the cost is to get him. Cutlers contract isn't a whole lot different. Expensive this year but gets less as it progresses. A 2nd seems about right, but for a QB with a lot of questions, it seems like a lot to absorb the cap hit.

No, I'm not.

He frequently shows poor judgment (on the field), and was bailed out over and over by his playmakers.

Then again, I guess we DO have a lot of playmakers now. Maybe I could warm up to the idea. We'd have to have a stud "safety valve" TE though.

He was not bailed out by anyone, maybe the running game sometimes. He also bailed himself out a lot with his legs and is good for a few mind blowing plays a game.

would you guys do next year's 1? i'm thinking i would.

Nope 100 times over. Not worth a first, especially with the contract. You don't give up a first for a guy you might need to replace in 2 years.

@JeremyWGR: I put Kaep odds very very low. Guy we talked to in SF said Kaep was the problem in SF offense while raving about Roman. Don't see it happnin

I'd offer a ham sandwich and some of the change i found in my jeans pocket for him. Dang, now I wish we had kept Keith Rivers, we could've got this trade done already. B-)

Living in the bay area, I've closely followed his career from the start. He is fast, but no more than a trick pony in my eyes and very arrogant. We dont need that.

Yeah right. He's a threat to score with his legs from anywhere on the field. EJ is a threat to run out of bounds (if he can get there).

I hate Kaepernick because I think he's a D-bag, but I would warm up to him real fast. Real fast.

The guy is a d-bag I heard a nasty story of how he treated a little girl that was wearing a Kap jersey, he refused to take a picture with the girl while waiting outside a restaurant. The girls mother tried to take a picture of her with Kap in the back ground and he yelled at her mother I said no f---ing pictures. This was during super bowl week the year he played in it, nice way to act in front of a little girl. I heard about it from a close friend very reliable source. I've thought very little of Kap since, not the kind of guy Buffalo would warm up to if he conducted himself like that around western NY.

Maybe he'll go to the Dolphins.

The Jets have like $50M in cap space. Oh God :cry:

The guy is a d-bag I heard a nasty story of how he treated a little girl that was wearing a Kap jersey, he refused to take a picture with the girl while waiting outside a restaurant. The girls mother tried to take a picture of her with Kap in the back ground and he yelled at her mother I said no f---ing pictures. This was during super bowl week the year he played in it, nice way to act in front of a little girl. I heard about it from a close friend very reliable source. I've thought very little of Kap since, not the kind of guy Buffalo would warm up to if he conducted himself like that around western NY.

Yeah I've read similar things like that. Nothing really major, just small things that when collectively put together indicate he's an ass. The twitter fights with the fans would trump Donte's for sure.

The Jets have like $50M in cap space. Oh God :cry:

Yeah I've read similar things like that. Nothing really major, just small things that when collectively put together indicate he's an ass. The twitter fights with the fans would trump Donte's for sure.

As long as the Jets have Gailey that team will never scare me.

@MaioccoCSN: GM Trent Baalke strongly denies the 49ers are shopping Colin Kaepernick.

@VincentFrankNFL: What. Do you expect Baalke to say "sure, we are shopping Kaepernick?"

@JasonLaCanfora: Reached out to several QB-needy teams. Have yet to hear from one who has had talks with 49ers about Kaepernick for those asking

@JaysonBraddock: Story has been verified by 3 different sources. Time will prove it. Been here before.

Edited by Punch

Super bowl caliber QBs don't just show up on the trading block every day.

I would easily trade our 2nd rounder for him.

Agreed...Even if it is going to cost them $15M per year in salary. If he doesn't work out, the cap hit is not bad to cut him. And if he does, then the Bills are set for the next decade.

@MaioccoCSN: Trent Baalke: "Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him. He is not going anywhere. . ."

@MaioccoCSN: "...The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and quite frankly ridiculous. -- #49ers GM Trent Baalke.

Agreed...Even if it is going to cost them $15M per year in salary. If he doesn't work out, the cap hit is not bad to cut him. And if he does, then the Bills are set for the next decade.

It's 7-8 mil a year to cut him the next 2/3 years. After that it's basically free. To me sending a second for a guy who if cut costs you another 8 mil, that's expensive.

Let's break it down in players rather than numbers.

2nd round pick =Kiko (rip- a bit of a reach, but a solid second round pick, and kind of what you expect from a high draft pick)

Salary=Dareus.

That is the minimum acquiring him costs. Now if he doesn't work out he also costs you guys who will probably make about 7-8 mil so you pick which player, but you get the gist via caliber:

Glenn

Gilmore

A.williams

Iupati

Hughes (at least what we offered)

So worst case scenario Kaep costs you Kiko, Glenn, and Dareus...

We have nothing to offer.

No 1st round from Watkins trade.

No kiko from McCoy trade.

1) He's not worth a 1st especially with that outrageous contract.

2) They already have the best LB corp in the league

If this is true, I dont care about his relationships with anyone on our team or personal life (unless he kills dogs or is about to get suspended).

If we are serious about going all in, then we need to get this done. Period.

He is a winning qb and the best option available to us in the past two years and possibly the next few as well.

Get it the !@#$ done!

1) He's not worth a 1st especially with that outrageous contract.

2) They already have the best LB corp in the league

Willis and Borland are both inside. As is bowman, if he ever even makes it back after the horrific injury. Everyone is saying kiko's natural position is OLB. Which is very valuable in a league where top TEs are so hard to cover. With odds they stay 3-4 kiko would have been of interest to them Edited by JTSP

Willis and Borland are both inside. As is bowman, if he ever even makes it back after the horrific injury. Everyone is saying kiko's natural position is OLB. Which is very valuable in a league where top TEs are so hard to cover. With odds they stay 3-4 kiko would have been of interest to them

So rather than kick Borland outside (if they even cut Brooks), lets trade our QB for a position that's still stacked. Right.

@JaysonBraddock: BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.

Braddock is a reporter for Houston Sports Radio 790

@JaysonBraddock: I had to double check myself & I wrote it. But, no, Kaepernick is being shopped RT @sjimcar is this a fake Jayson Braddock acct?

YES PLEASE!!! He had an off year last year, which I believe the whole team was in a funk from the front office disaster. He has everything we need to run our offense and maybe in a few years he can even learn to read defense and be a top QB. If not we still G&P and read option.

we could be 49ers east, thanks San Fran morons, I'm sure your fans hate you, I know I would.

Geter done Doug and redeem yourself of the QB fiasco.

Kiko for Kap might have been a good play ....................

anybody for Kap, QB is above everything. could have been in two superbowls if didn't throw 3 picks in the 4rth two years ago as SF had Seattle beat if he didn't.

NOOOOOOO

just please no

Yes because the scrubs we have are soooooooooo much better :wallbash:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/09/colin-kaepernick-trade-49ers-trent-baalke

General manager Trent Baalke refutes rumor early this am

The general manager for the 49ers Trent Baalke released a statement early Monday morning refuting media reports that star quarterback Colin Kaepernick was on the trading block. "Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him," Baalke said in his statement.

"He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggested otherwise are without merit, and quite frankly, ridiculous."

Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston first reported Kaepernick on the block, intimating the Eagles and Bears were among teams interested in the star QB.

I think his contract would suddenly give us major cap issues.

Whatever, time for Brandon to earn his money

Ran one of the best coaches in the league out of town and traded or failed to signed all.of their talent. Oh how the mighty have fallen

What?! it was the FO vs Harbaugh

3) He really isn't all that different from Manuel.

not even on the same planet :doh: :doh: :doh: