Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Rex Ryan and Greg Roman don't like Bryce Brown then Whaley needs to find an amicable compromise. If Rex and Greg wish to move on from Fred and Pegula obstructed them, that's a problem. I think a lot of things are on the table right now being discussed and no decision was considered concrete. Unfortunately, when a potential move like "cutting Fred Jackson" leaks to the public, it creates a firestorm.

All the angst and hand wringing could be the result of private internal discussion leaking out from a disgruntled member of the front office that wants to release Fred. Hopefully, the Bills brain trust is unified in their vision for putting together this roster.

1 when he was a GM. And it was while he spent 18 months trying to trade for Brown. I don't think it's a stretch to think that Whaley may think Bryce is actually better than Fred.

He probably does and that was his decision. Or perhaps better considering age, salary, injury history. You were implying by "these are my guys" philosophy that he didn't want to look bad on the trade, like someone insinuated on twitter, and that was his driving force, not a reasonable analysis of who is a better fit, all things considered.

Shady + FredEx + Brown + Boobie

I like this combo more than anything including Powell.

That's something to consider, Bills kept 4 RBs on the roster and dressed 3 for games. NYJ and SF kept 5 RBs and dressed 4.

He probably does and that was his decision. Or perhaps better considering age, salary, injury history. You were implying by "these are my guys" philosophy that he didn't want to look bad on the trade, like someone insinuated on twitter, and that was his driving force, not a reasonable analysis of who is a better fit, all things considered.

It may be, subconsciously. Can you ever really be 100% objective?

Fred Jackson ‏@Fred22Jackson 2m2 minutes ago

Extremely humbled by all the fan support. Means a lot that so many people love to see me in play in a Bills' uniform. 270a.png

No worries Freddie. You are one of us.

That's something to consider, Bills kept 4 RBs on the roster and dressed 3 for games. NYJ and SF kept 5 RBs and dressed 4.

Depends on you special teams balance I assume.

Considering how often RBs get banged up... having three guys with starter level skills is an asset, imo.

Edit: From a financial standpoint, it still makes sense to cut FredEx, but I'd really rather keep him.

Edited by Dorkington

It may be, subconsciously. Can you ever really be 100% objective?

No. But you can not jump to wild conclusions based on absolutely nothing either. ;)

Both of those teams use a FB and we didn't.

Sounds like Whaley thinks that Brown can be great. Only problem is that he hasn't proved it on the field, and has better players on the team.

If that's the dilemma, I don't know how I feel about Whaley. It seems like, "these are my guys," stupidity.

No. But you can not jump to wild conclusions based on absolutely nothing either. ;)

Both of those teams use a FB and we didn't.

I wouldn't call that jumping to a wild conclusion. But it was a possibility, and how it struck me.

Depends on you special teams balance I assume.

Yup, and now I'm also wondering if resigning Gay was related to them keeping Fred, as it probably removes the need for one more ST player in coverage?