Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

What Levy said, more or less, was "If you listen to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them."

I saw one set of comments that had Fred being traded to San Francisco as part of a deal to bring in Colin Kaepernick (I have no idea if I spelled that right). Like most of Buffalo I love Fred Jackson as a player and as a man. But I'll remind you of another pretty good RB we traded to San Francisco at the same point in his career. OJ Simpson. Granted, even while he was in Buffalo, Simpson wasn't half the man Jackson is, and since then he's turned out to be not just a tiny fraction but actually negative. But let's be honest, he was a far better player. And the Bills of that day parted ways with him and moved on.

If Fred leaves, will it hurt the locker room? Sure. But the guys who are left will realize the Bills are serious enough about winning that they'll make a cold, hard decision to improve the team on the field.

I just hope he gets traded to an NFC team so the Bills can face him in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Utah John

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't believe the hype.

Whaley has final say on the roster, not Pegula.

Terry will/ would not disrespect his GM by going over his head.

It is all Whaleys' decision.

Freddy will be a cap casualty.

Imo

Oops! This post just discredited you, Leroi. You have dropped several predictions in a row, which can maybe be explained away by changes on the ground if you want the benefit of every doubt, but you overplayed your hand on the Whaley outranks Pegula comment. He most certainly does not, and the source I quote directly from that is Pegula himself. Looks like your little charade is over, bub. We now know you're a fraud.

Oops! This post just discredited you, Leroi. You have dropped several predictions in a row, which can maybe be explained away by changes on the ground if you want the benefit of every doubt, but you overplayed your hand on the Whaley outranks Pegula comment. He most certainly does not, and the source I quote directly from that is Pegula himself. Looks like your little charade is over, bub. We now know you're a fraud.

And to think he would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

That is just not true.

Of course, Pegula can do whatever he wants. Leroi is saying that he won't do it. He gave Whaley roster control and wouldn't walk in and demand he keep someone that Whaley wants to release.

I'm not saying I believe Leroi's post to be true, and that Fred will be released, but it's surely not automatically wrong.

I really love some of these responses! I like Rex, Whaley, hell, even this Roman, I'm willing to open minded with him but when push comes to shove then they better roll over, this is the Pegulas' team. They will be here long after these 3 so my alligence is to them because they already have shown and proven to me that they are not only here for the long haul but they are also here for us! Shame on those who rather have Powell over Fred, I'd have to question your intelligence and also your loyalty. For those who say that it's the right move financially and prosperity wise to release Fred, I can't and won't argue the logic and sense behind it but isn't being a Bill and a Bills' fan more than that? I want a Super Bowl trophy as much as the next Bills' fan but I want it on my terms. The very fiber and fabric of being a WNY'er is being a good neighbor. They don't **** on people. They go the extra mile, help one another, are loyal and support each other. Fred has supported us, now it's time for me to support him. The person, the cause and the journey are what is important to me, the reward is just icing on the cake for a job well done.

I love the Pegulas, we couldn't ask or hope for better owners. What I admire and appreciate the most about them is that they really are about One Buffalo. They firmly have their fingers on the pulse of this community and franchise. They know what a WNY'er is and what it takes to be one.

I don't know, this is only my personal take on it but then again maybe I have been around too long, seen too much and it's long overdue to go but I remember a time and a place long ago.......

Of course, Pegula can do whatever he wants. Leroi is saying that he won't do it. He gave Whaley roster control and wouldn't walk in and demand he keep someone that Whaley wants to release.

I'm not saying I believe Leroi's post to be true, and that Fred will be released, but it's surely not automatically wrong.

That's a factually inaccurate assessment. It's simply a fact that Pegula does have veto power over anything and everything that has to do with the organization. He has not hid the fact that Whaley reports to him, and that any substantial decisions will require Pegula's stamp of approval.

Edited by negativo

Yep, and for a team that doesnt have a franchise QB leading its O, you need Freddy in that locker room.

Sounds to me, if Graham is reporting that "Pegula stepped in", that matter2003 was right and there was something for Pegula to step in to.

Wasn't Tim Graham the one who made a deal about discord between Whaley and Marrone (that Brandon said he didn't see) and Polian then refusing to come to the Bills because he really trusted Marrone's judgement and the Bills were a dumpster fire?

Doesn't that (in hindsight) look like Tim Graham puffing up a slow news day? The organization shook itself and quickly organized a thorough and efficient coach search with lots of interested candidates not concerned about the "FO bonfire". Polian and Pegula publically say nothing but good things and Polian that he no longer wanted that scope of job (may have had also to do with HoF candidacy). And Marrone, Mr "Coach of the Year" candidate, quickly found interest evaporation and became an OL coach. Tempest in a teapot.

So now we have Tim Graham saying the Bills are interested in JAG Bilal Powell and will cut FredEx and Pegula stepped in. But what if this, too, is Tim Graham puffing up a slow news day? I'm sure a roster move with Fredex got considered, why wouldn't it given his age and lack of dead money? But turning it into a GM ego trip and owner stepping in just seems like another "Marrone/Polian" teapot tempest by Graham.

Maybe I'm wrong.

That's a factually inaccurate assessment. It's simply a fact that Pegula does have veto power over anything and everything that has to do with the organization. He has not hid the fact that Whaley reports to him, and that any substantial decisions will require Pegula's stamp of approval.

No it's not. Whaley has final say. The Bills announced it. If he does not have final say than no one in the league including Bellichick and Carroll and Chip Kelly have final say. Only the 32 owners do.

Wasn't Tim Graham the one who made a deal about discord between Whaley and Marrone (that Brandon said he didn't see) and Polian then refusing to come to the Bills because he really trusted Marrone's judgement and the Bills were a dumpster fire?

Doesn't that (in hindsight) look like Tim Graham puffing up a slow news day? The organization shook itself and quickly organized a thorough and efficient coach search with lots of interested candidates not concerned about the "FO bonfire". Polian and Pegula publically say nothing but good things and Polian that he no longer wanted that scope of job (may have had also to do with HoF candidacy). And Marrone, Mr "Coach of the Year" candidate, quickly found interest evaporation and became an OL coach. Tempest in a teapot.

So now we have Tim Graham saying the Bills are interested in JAG Bilal Powell and will cut FredEx and Pegula stepped in. But what if this, too, is Tim Graham puffing up a slow news day? I'm sure a roster move with Fredex got considered, why wouldn't it given his age and lack of dead money? But turning it into a GM ego trip and owner stepping in just seems like another "Marrone/Polian" teapot tempest by Graham.

Maybe I'm wrong.

No, you're correct, Graham is a douchenozzle.

Refresh my memory. It was something to the effect of despite what the fans think Hitner is still a safer pick than Ngata, right?

No, I think it was something about never wearing Murrells with Zubaz.

Pegula owns the team. Ultimately anyone who works for the Bills has whatever power Pegula decides they have.

When the owner (i.e. EVERYBODY'S BOSS on the Bills) says "do this" it gets done.

Of course, but that is true of every team. What is different is whether or not an owner will ever really use that power. Many will and many won't. Most fans don't want their team's owner doing anything of the sort. What Leroi was saying, true or not, is that Pegula wouldn't do that. He's type B owner, who is not going to overrule his GM. Right now, we don't know either way if El Petulante is Type A or Type B.

Pegula owns the team. Ultimately anyone who works for the Bills has whatever power Pegula decides they have.

When the owner (i.e. EVERYBODY'S BOSS on the Bills) says "do this" it gets done.

I think almost everyone understands this. The owner will have his way when he decides to have his way. He openly declared Whaley and Ryan will both REPORT to him. Yes, they are in charge of their responsibilities, but they must REPORT to Pegula. If Pegula doesn't like what they REPORT to him he'll make the call. If he decides to let them have their way, fine. If he decides to override, like he transparently did with Freddy, it's because HE, the OWNER, has the final word.

I think almost everyone understands this. The owner will have his way when he decides to have his way. He openly declared Whaley and Ryan will both REPORT to him. Yes, they are in charge of their responsibilities, but they must REPORT to Pegula. If Pegula doesn't like what they REPORT to him he'll make the call. If he decides to let them have their way, fine. If he decides to override, like he transparently did with Freddy, it's because HE, the OWNER, has the final word.

That is not at all what "report to" means.

Terry is not a meddling owner, he trusts his GM to make personelle decisions.

Never mix business with sentiments.

Our new owner is a pro, he makes logical decisions, keeps emotion out of the equation, he doesn't over-react.

Imo

But didn't the chain of events, as hinted and reported by journalists with access to team insiders, follow that chain of events?

Bills were interested in Powell, and as a result Fred's position was in danger and there was equivocation from the Bills front office. Then only after a lot of fan uproar did the team confirm that Fred isn't going anywhere. And that report included the tidbit that Pegula stepped in.

So looking at the chain of events, based on speculation it's hard to think that Pegula didn't insert himself into a personnel decision.

I really love some of these responses! I like Rex, Whaley, hell, even this Roman, I'm willing to open minded with him but when push comes to shove then they better roll over, this is the Pegulas' team. They will be here long after these 3 so my alligence is to them because they already have shown and proven to me that they are not only here for the long haul but they are also here for us! Shame on those who rather have Powell over Fred, I'd have to question your intelligence and also your loyalty. For those who say that it's the right move financially and prosperity wise to release Fred, I can't and won't argue the logic and sense behind it but isn't being a Bill and a Bills' fan more than that? I want a Super Bowl trophy as much as the next Bills' fan but I want it on my terms. The very fiber and fabric of being a WNY'er is being a good neighbor. They don't **** on people. They go the extra mile, help one another, are loyal and support each other. Fred has supported us, now it's time for me to support him. The person, the cause and the journey are what is important to me, the reward is just icing on the cake for a job well done.

I love the Pegulas, we couldn't ask or hope for better owners. What I admire and appreciate the most about them is that they really are about One Buffalo. They firmly have their fingers on the pulse of this community and franchise. They know what a WNY'er is and what it takes to be one.

I don't know, this is only my personal take on it but then again maybe I have been around too long, seen too much and it's long overdue to go but I remember a time and a place long ago.......

I couldn't agree with the sentiment of your post more.

Fred is the heart and soul of our team and has been through many a lean year. Cutting him now, just as we all feel we're on the brink of finally turning a corner, would ..suck balls. Should Fred be our starter... No. Should Fred be on our team... Absolutely.

I'll also add that if anyone thinks this scrub RB from philly is the difference between playoffs and bust, you're delusional.

Doesn't that (in hindsight) look like Tim Graham puffing up a slow news day?

Tim Graham is generally interested in two things: the Bills failing and his rolling in their failures with his tongue happily wagging like a dog in schitt.

Check that: three things. He still enjoys spending his weekends trolling fans about the "Redskin" thing.