Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should now be asking for Bryce Brown availability. Would be nice to get the 4th rd back. Effectively a free one-yr rental.

How many years do we have left on Brown's deal? If only one, and we keep Fred, I'd trade him. Trade one of them. Keeping both seems odd. I think Fred has enough left to be a 3rd back. But Brown may be better at this point.

How many years do we have left on Brown's deal? If only one, and we keep Fred, I'd trade him. Trade one of them. Keeping both seems odd. I think Fred has enough left to be a 3rd back. But Brown may be better at this point.

It's one year most likely...Not the end of the world to keep both. I am sure we can sign the same type of role player next season...

It's one year most likely...Not the end of the world to keep both. I am sure we can sign the same type of role player next season...

While I understand why Fred's football role is under scrutiny, I do think his leadership will be tough to replace. Difficult to place a value on what he brings in terms of that and heart.

While I understand why Fred's football role is under scrutiny, I do think his leadership will be tough to replace. Difficult to place a value on what he brings in terms of that and heart.

And that justifies his roster spot.

Man, if they can fix this line, and Roman is not anything like niners fans say he is, I would love to see how Fred does. Perhaps he'll unseat another hotshot player that is meant to carry the load. Again.

I don't want Fred to have to carry the load. Again. In fact I think with reduced workload that Fred will be healthier and therefore even more effective.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

its just 1 and i think that keeping brown longer term was likely part of the plan that may be scratched. not a terribly hard talent to replace, but may be something that happens

Man, if they can fix this line, and Roman is not anything like niners fans say he is, I would love to see how Fred does. Perhaps he'll unseat another hotshot player that is meant to carry the load. Again.

fred is not unseating mccoy. its just not happening. and if it somehow does, its probably a sign that something has gone terribly wrong with our new high dollar high guarantee guy that we traded for and no one should celebrate that. Edited by NoSaint

Why trade or cut any RB's? We had 4 last year, and when someone got hurt, we had a cheap, decent replacement waiting. Is Lesean McCoy unbreakable? Is Bryce Brown's contract holding us back? What?

we dont have to but it seems like they want #3 and 4 to be guys that can play special teams, not just rb depth, if im reading the signs right. we only have 1 of those guys.

Why trade or cut any RB's? We had 4 last year, and when someone got hurt, we had a cheap, decent replacement waiting. Is Lesean McCoy unbreakable? Is Bryce Brown's contract holding us back? What?

brown has a very cheap contract. I don't think he's out.

We had 4 on the roster, but only 3 suited up.

I see Whaley's dilemma. Freddie proved that he was a better back than Brown, so if Freddie stays, Brown again is on the bubble. The lure of getting Powell is that they may dress all 4 RBs for a game because Powell would take one of the ST slots.

its just 1 and i think that keeping brown longer term was likely part of the plan that may be scratched. not a terribly hard talent to replace, but may be something that happens

fred is not unseating mccoy. its just not happening. and if it somehow does, its probably a sign that something has gone terribly wrong with our new high dollar high guarantee guy that we traded for and no one should celebrate that.

Maybe not. But Fred defies logic. Never underestimate the guy.

What happens when he refuses to re-structure? How long did Freddy wait for his big pay day?

The problem with Fred is that: He Needs His Turn. This is just a repeat of the Lynch saga.

Imo

You have an interesting viewpoint. You are apparently in the know about some of the Bills FO thinking but you are also an active detractor of Fred. Not just one of the people who is trying to say "cold hard facts" but actually almost as strong dislike of Fred as Tampa Bob. I can't help but feel that Whaley sees it at least somewhat the same way. ie, Fred might edge out Brown for carries and that will hurt him (Brown) developing into the next Marshawn Lynch.

But the reality is we didn't "give up on Lynch early" just because of Fred. It was more his behavior in Buffalo and lack of fit. He found a better spot in Seattle and took it to the next level. I don't think it would ever have happened here. When Lynch was here he was the more talented back vs Fred but his results were not a lot better than Fred's... Certainly nothing like what he became in Seattle. And, there isn't really a lot in Brown that makes him look like he could become the next Lynch (who the Bills drafted 12th).

we dont have to but it seems like they want #3 and 4 to be guys that can play special teams, not just rb depth, if im reading the signs right. we only have 1 of those guys.

So then what? How many special teamers do we need? Fill two spots with our RB's, then cut Larry Dean? What's the point? Just keep Dean.

What if the RB we sign to play ST sucks in camp? And sucks as an RB? Bryce or Fred are already on other rosters if they're cut in two days.

None of this makes much sense to me.

So then what? How many special teamers do we need? Fill two spots with our RB's, then cut Larry Dean? What's the point? Just keep Dean.

What if the RB we sign to play ST sucks in camp? And sucks as an RB? Bryce or Fred are already on other rosters if they're cut in two days.

None of this makes much sense to me.

Dean is a UFA.

We had 4 on the roster, but only 3 suited up.

I see Whaley's dilemma. Freddie proved that he was a better back than Brown, so if Freddie stays, Brown again is on the bubble. The lure of getting Powell is that they may dress all 4 RBs for a game because Powell would take one of the ST slots.

Sounds like Whaley thinks that Brown can be great. Only problem is that he hasn't proved it on the field, and has better players on the team.

If that's the dilemma, I don't know how I feel about Whaley. It seems like, "these are my guys," stupidity.