David Harris: Off the Market

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is true. I would have liked to have seen a fully healthy Kiko playing on the weak side in Ryan's defense. LBs that never have to come off the field are a commodity. And Ryan's overload blitz schemes seem tailor made for a player like Alonso. This is in now way me complaining about acquiring McCoy; he's a rare breed that puts pressure on defenses and I'm glad we have him. I just think, contrary to reports, that Kiko was very much a scheme fit for Ryan.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the idea of not the scheme fit was more do to Bradham playing so well. Kiko was not going to play the middle as you say. But he was not going to play edge rusher either. He would play where Bradham is most likely going to play, and Bradham is very, very good.

i'd like to resign Hughes, but the importance of an edge-rushing DE/LB is a luxury in a Rex D..

Ryan's a master at getting pressure in numbers while covering where his exposure

like i've said elsewhere - i'll wait for the pre-season depth chart before freaking out about player movement

Rex needs another cover-corner - more than Kiko and Jerry combined - to cover his butt..

remember.. this guy got production out of Maybin.

I think the idea of not the scheme fit was more do to Bradham playing so well. Kiko was not going to play the middle as you say. But he was not going to play edge rusher either. He would play where Bradham is most likely going to play, and Bradham is very, very good.

I think there's a ton of merit to this. Bradham was a revelation last year and I have little doubt his emergence gives them a measure of reassurance at the position.

GO BILLS!!!

I think there's a ton of merit to this. Bradham was a revelation last year and I have little doubt his emergence gives them a measure of reassurance at the position.

GO BILLS!!!

I think he's the main reason they made the trade actually. Rex and Thurman by now have studied every play the defense had, and saw how good he was on a consistent basis, on all three downs. I'm sure Rex would have loved to coach Kiko but Bradham knocks the snot out of people, and Rex loves guys like that.

And I think that if he didn't before, Rex knows by now, that guns don't kill people, Nigel Bradham kills people.

Hold on. I thought the reason we could so readily unload kiko was because Harris was all but signed. You mean some posters were wrong about that? Oops

Kiko was expendable because of Bradham and Brown. Harris would have played a different position, and having Kiko wouldn't have helped, unless we couldnt find another ILB.

Hold on. I thought the reason we could so readily unload kiko was because Harris was all but signed. You mean some posters were wrong about that? Oops

No we were ready to unload Kiko because

- They had a chance to get a top 3 NFL running back

- The D was top 5 without him last year

- He has had two ACL injuries on the same knee

good news, the Jets overpaid, badly. let's re-sign Spikes or LB becomes a need come FA and draft.

Spikes played something like 50% of snaps. Liability on 3rd down. Issue in 3-4.

I think that's why they let him walk.

I'm sure Rex has a plan B. If they sign Hughes, your looking at

Front 3

Dareus

K Williams

M Williams

LBs

Hughes

Brown

Bradham

Lawson

if they had signed Harris, LB's would have been

Brown

Bradham

Harris

Lawson

Unless I'm missing something

Edited by dezertbill

The Jets made a smart move. A bit of an overpay esp in the guaranteed money but keeping Harris even spending a little more than you have to is a good move considering how important Harris is to that defense and the cap space the Jets have and need to spend.

With the Harris resigning and the Brandon Marshall trade the Jets are off to a very nice off-season.

it was different knees

It was not. And by the way, I thought crusading was against the rules of this forum but I guess not. This must be your 50th post that in one way or another is based on only one point - you don't like the trade of Kiko for McCoy. I think we get it by now. Move on or go away.

It was not. And by the way, I thought crusading was against the rules of this forum but I guess not. This must be your 50th post that in one way or another is based on only one point - you don't like the trade of Kiko for McCoy. I think we get it by now. Move on or go away.

every article i see says different knees. why some people want to believe it was the same escapes me

Injuries have been an issue for Alonso. He missed all of 2010 at Oregon with an ACL injury and missed all of last season with the same injury on a different knee.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/03/03/eagles-wake-call-kiko-alonso/#ijh2wv8pKshoPiXR.99