Cyrus Kouandjio not wasting any time prepping for 2015

Found it pretty striking the new-found dedication Kujo seems to have found.

Heading into his second NFL season, Kouandjio has spent most of the offseason at the LeCharles Bentley Offensive Line Performance Training Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. It’s the first and one of the only training centers devoted exclusively to offensive line play.

“This is all offensive linemen work,” Kouandjio said this week, in an appearance on The John Murphy Show. “I’m training with all offensive linemen. All we do is offensive line drills, we don’t waste time out here. All we do are offensive line related exercises.”

Kouandjio went to work at the Bentley O-Line center after taking off just one week when the season ended

“I’ve been there since the second week after the season, the last nine weeks,” Kouandjio told host John Murphy. “I’m going to stay here until I have to report (to the Bills). We work six days a week, take Sundays off

Note also the "positive environment" comment - wonder if that is a shot at St Doug

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Cyrus-Kouandjio-not-wasting-any-time-prepping-for-2015/e9b98a16-f852-4326-a953-0bdb52cebb62

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it pretty striking the new-found dedication Kujo seems to have found.

had he not previously had dedication? its great work hes doing, just wasnt sure if there was a reason for the shot at his previous work.

I love the dedication but the guy needs to let his body rest too. You can't grind all offseason and hope to come into camp fresh and ready to go.

Also, he's 21. Remember when you could go out, drink a case of beer, and get up for work the next day at 7a feeling like a million bucks? It's like that, but with exercise

had he not previously had dedication? its great work hes doing, just wasnt sure if there was a reason for the shot at his previous work.

I guess that's a fair point - I don't know that for sure, but do read "Kouandjio is changing it by going full-bore this offseason with a training and workout regimen" to imply he didn't go "full-bore" before. If your "mind-set" is not right as he admits it wasn't last year, generally I would think that would also affect your dedication.

Sounds to me too like he really got in Marrone's doghouse, and was likely crushed by the negativity as well.

Would be great if he can turnaround his play through a combination of altering his mind-set and dedication - plus by having some competent coaching (the "tard yard" characterzation above has to be one of my favorite phrases on this board ever).

I guess that's a fair point - I don't know that for sure, but do read "Kouandjio is changing it by going full-bore this offseason with a training and workout regimen" to imply he didn't go "full-bore" before. If your "mind-set" is not right as he admits it wasn't last year, generally I would think that would also affect your dedication.

Sounds to me too like he really got in Marrone's doghouse, and was likely crushed by the negativity as well.

Would be great if he can turnaround his play through a combination of altering his mind-set and dedication - plus by having some competent coaching (the "tard yard" characterzation above has to be one of my favorite phrases on this board ever).

this time last year he was training for the draft. maybe between may and training camp he slacked?

I like seeing commitment. It's one of the pillars of what success looks like.

Agreed. I would love for him to be starting for us next season. I hate to see 2nd rounders bust. Hopefully he'll fully commit to what the Coaches tell him and be a dominant player for the Bills.