Vince Wilfork is available (update - goes to Texans)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he goes to Denver on a one year deal. Denver is going to lose their powerhouse run stuffer to the Raiders in all likelihood. With their cap situation not being the best they might want to find a cheaper vet to fill that role.

That being said I would love to see Wilfork come here. Imagine a 3-4 D-line look of Kyle Williams-Wilfrok-Dareus with Mario and Hughes (If we are able to keep him) at the OLB. That being said I don't think it will happen but it would be a very Rex Ryan like move.

I'm totally against the Bills bringing him on board. Although playing devil's advocate, siging him would be one way to ensure he wasn't going after the knees of Bills quarterbacks. Then again, he may get confused and do it in practice as a force of habit

Edited by faderphreak

Kyle Williams, Darius, and the rotation of Bryant and Charles (all of whom has shown flashes of talent) is a good foundation for our DL.

Mario and Lawson at OLB, a threesome of Bradham, Brown, and David Harris in the middle.

I'm sure we'll add pieces via FA or draft, but I don't see us eating large cap space for a 33 year old DT when we have other areas that really need our dire attention (OL, TE).

Wilfork won't be cheap

Edited by dezertbill

Looking at the production that Ted and Phat Pat had in their mid 30's, it's easy to see how Wilfork still has two years left in the tank of clogging up the middle. It's not like speed was ever his calling card.

actually it was. he had a great burst off the snap, and kept it going throughout the whole play. he lost the burst and the stamina, also plays too high now, doesn't get leverage ... maybe someone like raiders give him a 1yr deal. no matter, he's out of the league in a year IMO. Id much rather have Alan Branch back if we're talking Pats DTs

Edited by JTSP

actually it was. he had a great burst off the snap, and kept it going throughout the whole play. he lost the burst and the stamina, also plays too high now, doesn't get leverage ... maybe someone like raiders give him a 1yr deal. no matter, he's out of the league in a year IMO. Id much rather have Alan Branch back if we're talking Pats DTs

Let's add this to one more thing you have no clue on:

"The Patriots have allowed 3.7 yards per rush with Vince Wilfork on the field the past two seasons. With Wilfork off, the Patriots allowed 4.7 yards per rush.

-- ESPN Stats & Information"

"The Patriots have allowed 3.7 yards per rush with Vince Wilfork on the field the past two seasons. With Wilfork off, the Patriots allowed 4.7 yards per rush.

The list is getting long. Should we just swap to listing what he does know?

and you really think if he accounted for the difference on his own the Pats wouldnt have kept him? lol ... ok

Why do Bills fans always want every over the hill player or players to trade that will never get traded? Wilfork was the best in his prime, but he's not in his prime, and we already have the most depth and most talent, not to mention the most money in our defensive line.

Here's a thought. We take that $17 mil after signing draft picks and use it for J. Thomas, Lupati or Franklin, and another second tier QB to compete in training camp.

• 2 weeks later...