Vernon Davis now a Bill?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 13m13 minutes ago

@doncosimano No info other than they feel they can win with what they have if they have to.

literally just started. He seems dialed in to someone there. It's the same as I saw earlier from Niners guy.

I went back in his tweets; this was the guy who said Rex stayed at the Pegula's and watched the Pats game

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The buzz on twitter is that the bills looked into trading for him but his current contract has a cap hit this year of 7m and they didn't want to take that on. They expect him to be cut which negates the contract and will pursue him at that time.

I'd think he could get 7M in the open market and I don't think he's worth it. I like Davis but I don't love him, I think his physical talent often outweighs how good he actually is.

truly not to be snarky.

But in THAT market, $2.5MM is hardly a "mansion"

In alabama, its a mansion.

Yep- out here 2.5 million is like buying a 50k house in Cheektowaga. A million here gets you a box next to the highway. It's maddening.

he's also saying Hughes is gonna get more money somewhere else.

I don't think that's any secret. It's been pretty clear that his options are get paid very well to stay with the Bills and a D-line that helps you play better or go to the open market and get the most money you can get.

Guys get ready to see the Bills offer a 100% guaranteed contract to Iupati or Revis, maybe both.

100% guaranteed to a guy like Revis would be interesting, because you could get him for a lower cap number (I believe?) overall that way, and it might be just the thing to entice a guy like Revis who's been bouncing around on short deals post injury. I wouldn't put it past Pegula to do something like that. I'd be more surprised if they did it with Iupati, but who knows. I'm sleeping in an airport tent right now, so what do I know.

I'd think he could get 7M in the open market and I don't think he's worth it. I like Davis but I don't love him, I think his physical talent often outweighs how good he actually is.

I said elsewhere that what's great about Vernon Davis is that we have the one guy in the world that knows him as a player best, and if we sign him that means we know he's pretty damn good, healthy, capable of making a lot of plays, probably not a loafer or a dick, etc.

100% guaranteed to a guy like Revis would be interesting, because you could get him for a lower cap number (I believe?) overall that way, and it might be just the thing to entice a guy like Revis who's been bouncing around on short deals post injury. I wouldn't put it past Pegula to do something like that. I'd be more surprised if they did it with Iupati, but who knows. I'm sleeping in an airport tent right now, so what do I know.

He would be the guy they do it for.

Not only is Rex in love with Revis, Whaley is. Go Pitt.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

That one about the narcoleptic gay guy who was a Bills fan was soooooooo real it was creepy.

:lol: I'm committed. To my research.

You should go spend some time with TSA. They really appreciate it if you hop back and forth over the do not pass line.

Okay, next time I go to the food court, I'll try that. They do look lonely.

No wonder they are going for Iupati and Revis. Sounds like they are giving up on signing Hughes. This makes me very sad. A guaranteed 10 sacks per season is hard to replace.

That's not quite accurate. He said Hughes' representation is advising that he could potentially get more on the open market, and that Hughes is contemplating it. He also said it's possibly just a negotiating tactic. We should know soon enough.

That's not quite accurate. He said Hughes' representation is advising that he could potentially get more on the open market, and that Hughes is contemplating it. He also said it's possibly just a negotiating tactic. We should know soon enough.

The danger with that tactic is that the Bills might just choose to move on. Spiller apparently played that game and now he's looking for a job when he had one in hand. The Bills can't sit around hoping Hughes signs with them when other players are getting gobbled up in FA.

I said elsewhere that what's great about Vernon Davis is that we have the one guy in the world that knows him as a player best, and if we sign him that means we know he's pretty damn good, healthy, capable of making a lot of plays, probably not a loafer or a dick, etc.

I like Davis but oh how I'd prefer Clay if they can wedge him away from the Phins.