Say McCoy refuses to be a Bill. Would you...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady is a PA kid and has lived in Pennsylvania his entire life. His friends and family are all there. And I'm sure the trade came as a shock. I don't blame him for being unhappy.

Jim Kelly was a PA guy too. Unhappy to come here. He did OK. But I hear ya, just that initial shock thing

He's not going to refuse to be a Bill. I really believe that this entire" he's not happy" thing is nothing more than a calculated attempt to re-work his contract in light of the fact that his 2016 salary isn't guaranteed. I'm not a cap person, but I would think that his contract can be re-done in a way that benefits both sides (i.e., spreading out the cap hit over time, but also guaranteeing more future money). Remember, Drew Rosenhaus is his agent and he is not going to let his client crater a deal simply because of a temper tantrum over having to move 350 miles away (TO notwithstanding). It's all about the money.

Trades cannot be made until March 10th. If he refused to come couldn't we simply not make the trade.

He cant "refuse." He has a contract, the Eagles own it, and the Eagles can trade it.

His only recourse is to either Refuse to report, or to Retire.

At this point, with a week left before finalizing it, I expect Whaley to include language in the deal for the situation where he doesnt report.

He won't...

So you want a guy that isn't really needed and would rather not have a guy that is a dire need?

He doesn't need to. This was a great trade for Buffalo. As you said a dire need filled. I'm with you since Kiko wasn't missed last year. Whaley must be shaking his head wondering why there are people p!$$ed that he pulled off such an amazing deal.

He won't refuse... He's just shocked like we are!

I'm sure his perception of Buffalo is extremely negative. Once he talks to some people and visits the area a bit he'll be more than fine.

Agree. But if he won't report, Mgmt. should wish him well in his future endeavors and make a commitment to tip him well when he's done drying and vacuuming their cars. He'll report. IMO

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/4/8147309/lesean-mccoy-trade-buffalo-bills-reaction-rex-ryan-philadelphia-eaglesJeffMcClain(dont know who he is)said on twitter shady was upset at first but is" ready to move on"

Near the bottom

Darwin Walker

walker has been trashing buffalo on twitter since the trade

I like the trade..but the one thing that bothers, or maybe I should say, puzzles me: Does Chip Kelly really think that McCoy is done, or useless to him? Love Kiko, don't get me wrong, but I would think the Eagles could have packaged McCoy, and say, some draft picks to move up closer to getting Mariota.

Can't keep up with all the moving parts in these things any more...but is there some financial advantage to the Eagles for trading McCoy now, as opposed to later in the off-season? Is he due some big pay-out if he is still on their roster once FA starts? If so, I can understand it a little, but otherwise, if I was an Eagles fan, I would be very leery of Chip Kelly and all the power he has obtained in Philly.

Kelly seems out to prove that the Oregon Ducks can beat any team in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked if he slides from being a "genius" to a buffoon in the next two years... he is dumping, and continues to dump, a lot of proven NFL talent, and getting little in return for it.

From what I understand this is more about $$ and the cap hit that Mccoy had on his contract. He was unwilling to restructure that. Also, add in that he was not into how the chipper practiced the team...there was some friction with the coach I am told.

He's not going to refuse to be a Bill. I really believe that this entire" he's not happy" thing is nothing more than a calculated attempt to re-work his contract in light of the fact that his 2016 salary isn't guaranteed. I'm not a cap person, but I would think that his contract can be re-done in a way that benefits both sides (i.e., spreading out the cap hit over time, but also guaranteeing more future money). Remember, Drew Rosenhaus is his agent and he is not going to let his client crater a deal simply because of a temper tantrum over having to move 350 miles away (TO notwithstanding). It's all about the money.

Rosenhaus has a pretty good relationship with the bills doesn't he?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/4/8147309/lesean-mccoy-trade-buffalo-bills-reaction-rex-ryan-philadelphia-eaglesJeffMcClain(dont know who he is)said on twitter shady was upset at first but is" ready to move on"

Near the bottom

walker has been trashing buffalo on twitter since the trade

Who the hell follows Walker on Twitter? He should be concerned with his hair and waist line than the Bills.

I like the trade..but the one thing that bothers, or maybe I should say, puzzles me: Does Chip Kelly really think that McCoy is done, or useless to him? Love Kiko, don't get me wrong, but I would think the Eagles could have packaged McCoy, and say, some draft picks to move up closer to getting Mariota.

Can't keep up with all the moving parts in these things any more...but is there some financial advantage to the Eagles for trading McCoy now, as opposed to later in the off-season? Is he due some big pay-out if he is still on their roster once FA starts? If so, I can understand it a little, but otherwise, if I was an Eagles fan, I would be very leery of Chip Kelly and all the power he has obtained in Philly.

Kelly seems out to prove that the Oregon Ducks can beat any team in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked if he slides from being a "genius" to a buffoon in the next two years... he is dumping, and continues to dump, a lot of proven NFL talent, and getting little in return for it.

Kelly and Roseman are in a fight over control of the team. Roseman used to have say of the roster and tried to get ownership to tell Chip to shove it. Ownership sided with Chip and took the power away from Roseman. Shady is just the latest in a string of moves (Trent Cole, Herremans, James Casey) that Chip is doing to get rid of Roseman's players and shove it in his face. It's got more to do with that than just adding Ducks.

Shady is a PA kid and has lived in Pennsylvania his entire life. His friends and family are all there. And I'm sure the trade came as a shock. I don't blame him for being unhappy.

I'm sure he'll adjust to a new reality. Being the workhorse in a Rex/Roman ground-and-pound offense can't sound like a bad thing once he does a little research. Roman has a reputation for drawing up plays that give backs holes to run through. And Rex's former players almost universally like/love him.

Personally, I'd be happy to move back to Buffalo (or move to any NFL city), if someone was going to pay me millions per year. Shady will be fine with the trade eventually.

Plus, Buffalo is not that far away from Pittsburgh, where Shady played in college. Perhaps we can trade him for Bell and Big Ben (kidding, well, I'd do it if it was a realistic scenario).

He cant "refuse." He has a contract, the Eagles own it, and the Eagles can trade it.

His only recourse is to either Refuse to report, or to Retire.

At this point, with a week left before finalizing it, I expect Whaley to include language in the deal for the situation where he doesnt report.

What if he reports but "mails it in" and does not perform or has a mysterious J. Byrd injury for most of the season. I guess that would be to his detriment for monetary purposes. But I'd do your suggestion of a clause if he doesn't report, and add a clause where we get a draft pick if he doesn't play so many snaps.