Say McCoy refuses to be a Bill. Would you...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly excited about the McCoy trade, but has their been anyone, but an unreliable source that has said anything about him not wanting to go to Buffalo? I mean, I'd expect most players to be upset at hearing they were traded when they first hear it.

Shady is a PA kid and has lived in Pennsylvania his entire life. His friends and family are all there. And I'm sure the trade came as a shock. I don't blame him for being unhappy.

I'm sure he'll adjust to a new reality. Being the workhorse in a Rex/Roman ground-and-pound offense can't sound like a bad thing once he does a little research. Roman has a reputation for drawing up plays that give backs holes to run through. And Rex's former players almost universally like/love him.

Personally, I'd be happy to move back to Buffalo (or move to any NFL city), if someone was going to pay me millions per year. Shady will be fine with the trade eventually.

Don't forget, Jim Kelly was a PA kid too. That turned out well for him and Bills Nation....it could also for McCoy. But, I don't like that Shady name. I shall call him LeSean......for what its worth.

Shady is a PA kid and has lived in Pennsylvania his entire life. His friends and family are all there. And I'm sure the trade came as a shock. I don't blame him for being unhappy.

I'm sure he'll adjust to a new reality. Being the workhorse in a Rex/Roman ground-and-pound offense can't sound like a bad thing once he does a little research. Roman has a reputation for drawing up plays that give backs holes to run through. And Rex's former players almost universally like/love him.

Personally, I'd be happy to move back to Buffalo (or move to any NFL city), if someone was going to pay me millions per year. Shady will be fine with the trade eventually.

Oh come on. Please dont ignore the obvious.

He's not mad because its not Pennsylvania. He's mad because it IS Buffalo.

He's not mad because he got traded. He's mad because it is Buffalo.

To most people not in Buffalo, being traded to Buffalo or Cleveland or Detroit is exactly the same thing.

And in terms of being happy, you forget two things. (1), you might not be so happy if you already had millions of dollars. (2) you might not be happy if you could make the same millions in any NFL city.

Edited by maddenboy

All he needs is to see the Buffalo Love, then he will feel better. :)

Actually, I fully agree with that. Sucks that he called Marshawn (and probably got the applebees story. Or was that McGahee?).

But we do love our team. Unlike Philly, which loves its team, but also can quickly turn to hating its team.

Welcome aboard, McCoy. You will enjoy your stay.

...trade him to the Cowboys for a first and fourth?

Wow. That is crazy on all levels. Few things:

1) The Cowboys could probably give that big Shady-sized contract to Murray and not give up any picks.

2) Even if they did want to trade for Shady, a 1st and 4th is way out of line. A 2nd or 3rd would be appropriate.

3) if McCoy doesn show up, then he can't have his physical which would void the trade.

Edited by BarleyNY

McCoy has already stated that he's moved on. He will report and my guess is the Bills re-work his deal to give him some guaranteed money for the next two years and take less of a cap hit this year. It's all good in the hood.

McCoy has already stated that he's moved on. He will report and my guess is the Bills re-work his deal to give him some guaranteed money for the next two years and take less of a cap hit this year. It's all good in the hood.

Yes. I saw somewhere, and I cannot recall where, that one of the terms on the trade was the Bills and McCoy were to 're-work' his current contract. That would relieve some of the cap hit in 2015 and in return give McCoy some guaranteed money in 2016. Something his current deal doesn't provide. This is expected before the 3/10 official date for trades. If this condition is not met then I would think the trade agreement would be voided. Doubt it would come to this.

But after letting his emotions cool off I can't imagine why McCoy would reject the trade. Absent any other alternative, why would he want to stay someplace where he is obviously no longer wanted?