Stevie Johnson may be released from the 49ers (now released)

YoloinOhio

You've got to be kidding me.

Stevie has always been a team player. Yes he did his antics, and they were childish, but he was not a detriment to this team.

He did like the spotlight, true. But a player that goes from a 7th round pick to a starting #1 receiver and 1000+ yard guy is never someone who doesn't take the game seriously. Could he have put more focus into football than he did, of course. But some people are just wired different. I know fans like to have football automatons that always say and do the right thing, but player's have different drives and desires.

There's no shame in Stevie wanting the fame that comes with the territory. Everyone is in a different place in life. He always repped us when he could and accepted the community despite being from the west coast. He was a cool guy. He deserves love, not the back handed comments I've seen in this thread.I'm calling out Beef Jerky who has been overly negative and then isn't man enough to admit it. Stevie deserves better than that.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... No one said the word overrated, other then you. If he signs for as cheap as Hogan is then yes anymore is a waste. You are holding onto a perception of Stevie that isn't around anymore. That was a long time ago in NFL days.

You used the word "overpaid" as in "he can be overpaid by the Jets". So I think this is disingenuous. What is "overpaid" but a symptom of being "overrated"?

If you don't like Stevie or think he's past it, fine, that's your opinion, but Cowboy Up and own it, don't put it out there and then act like it's someone else's issue when you're called.

I'm not sure I want Stevie here - if he didn't find his feet under Roman in SF why bring him in here under Roman? But he's not that old, he's shown the ability to put up consistent numbers in the right system, he can fake a DB right out of his shorts. He'd be a good pick up for the right team.

You used the word "overpaid" as in "he can be overpaid by the Jets". So I think this is disingenuous. What is "overpaid" but a symptom of being "overrated"?

If you don't like Stevie or think he's past it, fine, that's your opinion, but Cowboy Up and own it, don't put it out there and then act like it's someone else's issue when you're called.

I'm not sure I want Stevie here - if he didn't find his feet under Roman in SF why bring him in here under Roman? But he's not that old, he's shown the ability to put up consistent numbers in the right system, he can fake a DB right out of his shorts. He'd be a good pick up for the right team.

So overpaid by the Jets b.c they have $50 million and overrated are the exact same thing?. **** my English teacher if even still alive would go crazy if I said that. Edited by Beef Jerky

So overpaid by the Jets b.c they have $50 million and overrated are the exact same thing?. **** my English teacher if even still alive would go crazy of I said that.

I hope your English teacher would have a stronger mental constitution. I believe it is your Economics teacher you should consult in this instance.

In general, the premise of capitalism is that people are paid according to their worth - both within society and within their profession.

We aren't having a general philosophical discussion about why pro athletes (highly valued by society) are paid so much more than teachers and scientific researchers when the latter arguably have more value to society in terms of long-term contributions, so we must be talking about within the profession of pro football.

Therefore, if you say "he can be overpaid by the Jets", the inference is that the Jets would be paying him more than his abilities actually justify, ie, they would be paying him more than he is worth. Since "over-worthing" is not a word, the correct term for this is over-rating him.

I hope your English teacher would have a stronger mental constitution. I believe it is your Economics teacher you should consult in this instance.

In general, the premise of capitalism is that people are paid according to their worth - both within society and within their profession.

We aren't having a general philosophical discussion about why pro athletes (highly valued by society) are paid so much more than teachers and scientific researchers when the latter arguably have more value to society in terms of long-term contributions, so we must be talking about within the profession of pro football.

Therefore, if you say "he can be overpaid by the Jets", the inference is that the Jets would be paying him more than his abilities actually justify, ie, they would be paying him more than he is worth. Since "over-worthing" is not a word, the correct term for this is over-rating him.

Who overrated him then? This is what you aren't getting... No one said he was overrated... We explained what he is... A #3 WR. Edited by Beef Jerky

POST LESS, SAY MORE. You're becoming a troll.

You have anything g football related to say? Or you just trolling me? Do you have anything g to even add in this Stevie discussion?

I would rather him go back to the 49ers then if they are really asking him to restructure.

I really like Stevie and I think it was great to have a player love the city we all love. However he does represent our past which is decent talent that we were conditioned to consider as high end talent - and that we payed as high end talent. In saying that I think it's terrible to not wish him well just because he had a rough year and it makes some people feel vindicated.

He will be a jet with chan and CJ

Right. Forget that he frustrated Chan so much with his showboating that he said he'd bench him the next time?

Stevie showboated again, and Chan had painted himself into a corner and benched him.

Could be a big factor in him being released.