Stevie Johnson may be released from the 49ers (now released)

YoloinOhio

The hate for Stevie is mad lame. Real lame. The guy never wanted to leave, he actually embraced Buffalo. I guess having tattoo's and saying things under an emotionally based state of mind is enough to have fans hate you.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hate for Stevie is mad lame. Real lame. The guy never wanted to leave, he actually embraced Buffalo. I guess having tattoo's and saying things under an emotionally based state of mind is enough to have fans hate you.

Stevie is a swell guy... But he isn't needed here. Show me where the hate is in that statement...

The hand of God works in mysterious ways my friend.

Stevie is a swell guy... But he isn't needed here. Show me where the hate is in that statement...

I agree with that, no hate from you bruh!

The hand of God works in mysterious ways my friend.

yes grasshopper!! lol

Edited by Lincoln Osiris

Would love to have him back. Had some great years here with Fitz. Plus Watkins and Woods could use a mentor that realized he has done some dumb things in the past. The guy gave it his all every game and play.

ya it was just the 7 month long off seasons that he half assed it. not lifting a weight ever, or working on his game. then after all the preseason leg injuries he did give us all of the 75% he had left that a 7th rounder can give you...when he wasnt dropping game winners and pulling drawings out of his uniform and getting celebration penalties to help us lose close games. he sure gave us his all all right, would be a great mentor too, he and T.O.

Oh shut up

He did some dumb things but played hard and played solid

He had drops and I was at the Pitt game but he was the best wr we had since moulds

Now we have Watkins so we don't really need another wr but stop the hate on Stevie

Very well put.

his numbers far exceeded moulds and evans, penalty numbers, games benched he doubled moulds and dumb ol evans never got benched once, what a d-bag! game losing drops was sj's real specialty, and hamstring injuries, every year. so what did you mean when you said he was the best we had? you mean since the other wrs were all-pros like donald jones, tj graham, and and awesome roscoe parrish?

his numbers arent better than evans in any category save 1000 yard seasons( which isnt an official category btw) w a 12 ypc average per year. evans had 15 ypc i believe and way more tds and overall catches and yards. so wtf are you saying? you just liked him more? ok i get you.

Edited by enlightener

SJ was the best we had at the time. He played hard.

His offseason WO was more basketball which helped him do those crazy jukes he was famous for. The guy could get just plain get open.

another time, another QB and maybe he would have been better used.

Like if we had a real # 1. which we did not. He had scrubs around around him.

We debated how he would e good slot receiver. But no one in his right mind wants to run crossing routes in traffic. I dont even like to watch those play calls

As i have been thinking on this , i would take him back. It wont happen but he has a skill set that is certainly useful.

BTW was he injured in SF at all? How was the nagging groin injuries ? Because if he cant cut he has little to offer. If he has overcome that injury ,he could be a threat.

Watkins Woods SJ/Hogan Goodwin.

sure why not?

Stevie Johnson is like the teddy bear you had growing up as a kid. You hung on to it always, took it everywhere, hugged it, loved it. It was your pal. You wore the fur off it you loved it so. Somewhere along the way it lost an eye and its nose, but you still loved it.

Now you're a teenager going off to college and you stumble across it in a box in the attic where your parents made you go and clean out all your stuff because they're moving to a new house and want to take only important things with them.

So, do you take it with you to college or leave it in the box?

There were a lot of rumors last year that the 49ers saw they were going nowhere and basically shut Stevie down/froze him out of the offense in order to not cross the statistical threshold with the conditional pick they owed us.

he also hurt his knee but don't doubt they had that draft pick in mind. If they were in a playoff race, the injury may not have been as "serious"

Pro's

He could get open one-on-one / Zones

Fun to watch

Runs well after catch

Loved Buffalo

Con's

Catching the damn ball when it counts

Stupid penalties and showboating

inconsistent

may have injury issues / not a big body

Overall I loved Stevie but I don't think we need him. Hogan is a better option in the slot at this point. Hogan could be our Edeleman or Welker if he was used more effectively. We need a big TE that can catch and get open which would really help the QB situation.

In response to the first part of your statement, forget Lee Evans? Other than that, if the Bills took a shot on Stevie I wouldn't mind at a fair price, but he might be over the hill and not fit the offensive system so might not make sense. I do think he and Rex would make for an interesting coach/player relationship.

Well it appears I have. Apologies to Lee. That got me thinking, what other bills wr's put up three 1,000 yard seasons in a row like SJ13. Turns out none of the top ones I thought of.... Evans, price, moulds, reed, lofton, butler ...ever had even two in a row Edited by JTSP

Well it appears I have. Apologies to Lee. That got me thinking, what other bills wr's put up three 1,000 yard seasons in a row like SJ13. Turns out none of the top ones I thought of.... Evans, price, moulds, reed, lofton, butler ...ever had even two in a row

Moulds had one with 994 yards in 13.5 games, and had over 1300 in the season before and the season following. That's basically 1000 (which is just a number). Over a five-year stretch (1998-2002), he averaged 1177 yards per season (over 100 yards more than Johnson had in any one season) and was always above 900. I'm not knocking Johnson, but he isn't nearly as good as Moulds was in his prime.

Edited by dave mcbride