How has this winter been

Ice bowl 67

Huh? I remember reading about baseball sport's announcers (and beat writers) back in the day... It might have been Harry Carey, Jack Brickhouse... Chicago? The saying was: "You kept an overcoat on hand to July 1st in your locker." LMAO, "locker" what prima donna even utilizes a "locker" now. LoL... Or something like that in the Northern baseball towns. Also dating it heavily with the word "overcoat."

It's February people! Soon to be MARCH... You don't even begin to plant your veggies in an area like BFLO until Memorial Day!

Wow... All the whining going on! Now I gotta get my sorry azz to work... ;-)

NEWSFLASH: Easter is set to the full moon and spring equinox. Easter Sunday is the Sunday of the first full moon after the equinox... It can bascially range the whole lunar cycle from mid-March to mid-April.

Oh wait... Maybe that was your point... LoL ;-P

one Easter many moons ago my family went up to Watertown got caught in a snow storm, the station wagon slid on ice and we crashed way off the road, (no one got seriously hurt) and sine we only brought "spring" clothes froze out butts off for a week.

I'll always remember that and use it as my winter Almanac

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75 today when I got home at 5pm. Beer on the deck.

Nice, leading out from our kitchen we have sliding glass doors with a deck & then a stamped concrete padio. I got 2 little Pomeranian puppies for the kids for Christmas(they weigh 3 pnds each). I built a snow fence from the deck to the patio about 4 feet tall. It is funny watching them trying to climb over it. Yeah that is what I am looking out at, I will be surprised if this snow melts by Memorial day.

Sick of it, frankly. Nearly March and anticipating another 6" of snow this upcoming week.

Thinking of relocating to Savannah GA.

Savannah GA is awesome for St Paddy's day. My friends & I went down there one time when we were in our late 20's. Best St Paddy's day weekend I think I ever spent. It was so much fun. I would move down there just for that.

Nice, leading out from our kitchen we have sliding glass doors with a deck & then a stamped concrete padio. I got 2 little Pomeranian puppies for the kids for Christmas(they weigh 3 pnds each). I built a snow fence from the deck to the patio about 4 feet tall. It is funny watching them trying to climb over it. Yeah that is what I am looking out at, I will be surprised if this snow melts by Memorial day.

I know I've posted this before but this is our deck. I needs a major scrubbing now seeing it's not that bright redwood color anymore.

http://www.siddallconstruction.com/#!/zoom/c1zy6/image1w66

Savannah GA is awesome for St Paddy's day. My friends & I went down there one time when we were in our late 20's. Best St Paddy's day weekend I think I ever spent. It was so much fun. I would move down there just for that.

I know, I've been there. I was stationed at Ft. Stewart for 4 years. Life's too short to be miserable half the year.

Edited by joesixpack

We got like three inches of snow today. This afternoon, before heading to the grocery store, I shoveled the driveway. Right as I was getting started, I noticed that someone had showed up with a bobcat to clear my neighbors driveway (a normal, residential, 2 - car driveway. Three inches of snow. No ice. A friggin bobcat!) I cleared my driveway in about 15 m8nutes and left for the store, and this guy is not even half way done. When I got home, he was gone and the neighbors driveway was cleAr, but some damage was done to the adjacent sections of lawn. Dumb.

Been in Alaska 20 years and I don't think I've experienced as bad a winter as your getting. At lest when it's cold here it doesn't snow.

That's how it is here in this part of Illinois. It gets cold, but not a lot of snow. Going to be 40's and rain on Tuesday. The biggest snow in Chicago ever was 89" in late 1970's. They were crying bloody murder when the topped 80" last year... Normally, on this side of The Lake we only average about 40" a year, but get the cold in winter and brutal heat in summer.

That's how it is here in this part of Illinois. It gets cold, but not a lot of snow. Going to be 40's and rain on Tuesday. The biggest snow in Chicago ever was 89" in late 1970's. They were crying bloody murder when the topped 80" last year... Normally, on this side of The Lake we only average about 40" a year, but get the cold in winter and brutal heat in summer.

No brutal heat in the summer here. 65 or so most days call for sweat shirt. I love it.

No brutal heat in the summer here. 65 or so most days call for sweat shirt. I love it.

That's how I like it... In the 60's!

That's the thing I really hate about the weather here! Brutal hot in the summer. Also, I can stand -20 below from December to March. I'd actually prefer it to just stay frozen and then warm up and stay warmed up.

Been in Alaska 20 years and I don't think I've experienced as bad a winter as your getting. At lest when it's cold here it doesn't snow.

That's what people used to try to sell me when I lived in Fairbanks. " Well, we don't have to shovel cold here bub!"

Yeah, but it freaking sucks when the high temperature is -45 for 5 weeks straight, and you go to work and come home from work in the dark for 7 months. Freaking eyes freeze open on your walk into Walmart. Sweet!

I understand that the climate is much different in Anchorage, Jim. Do you guys get really rainy summers like the interior? Choking smoke from wildfires? Mosquitos the size of humming birds?