How has this winter been

Ice bowl 67

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys might find this funny. Son went camping with his scout troop last week, was snowing pretty good and -8 on the mountain they were on...in friggen tents.

Scout Master sent out mail yesterday weekly meeting had to be cancelled as 4 inches of snow on ground and there was still some on sidewalks so school made him cancel. The sarcasm in the mail was awesome.

Edited by plenzmd1

I`ve got 2 ft and it`s going down to minus 15 again tonight. Were`s that ground hog ?

-1 F now and brilliantly sunny.

Well... That's good in a way. Have you ever noticed that snow will disappear when it gets really cold. It goes right from a solid to a gas (sublimation).

Mother Nature working her magic so we don't have to deal w/the liquid flood.

;-P

You guys might find this funny. Son went camping with his scout troop last week, was snowing pretty good and -8 on the mountain they were on...in friggen tents.

Scout Master sent out mail yesterday weekly meeting had to be cancelled as 4 inches of snow on ground and there was still some on sidewalks so school made him cancel. The sarcasm in the mail was awesome.

Why? Snow is a great insolator. I would rather be in that nice cozy bag and tent then risking exposure outside. The two really are apples and oranges. There probably is more chance of accidental exposure with a car breakdown than on a mountain loaded with gear. Okay, maybe not really, but you get the point. One outing is planned and well prepared... The meeting not so much.

Anyway, he gets his "Polar Bear" award for spending nights below freezing... This is a slam dunk even for parts of the country that never get down this low.

Snow is not unheard of in mid-late March. I remember as a kid (mid-late 1960s) us having several inches on Easter Sunday (was in late march one year). I have noticed that it has been sunny the last week or so. The sun is slowly warming up the earth and the base snow on the driveway is loosening up a bit.Supposed to be 40 by Wednesday!

Snow is not unheard of in mid-late March. I remember as a kid (mid-late 1960s) us having several inches on Easter Sunday (was in late march one year). I have noticed that it has been sunny the last week or so. The sun is slowly warming up the earth and the base snow on the driveway is loosening up a bit.Supposed to be 40 by Wednesday!

I remember as a very young kid in the mid-60's coming home from a home show (met Promo the Robot there :D ) in March in the middle of a snow storm.

in Rochester, I grew to know that you never count out snow until a week after Easter.

Huh? I remember reading about baseball sport's announcers (and beat writers) back in the day... It might have been Harry Carey, Jack Brickhouse... Chicago? The saying was: "You kept an overcoat on hand to July 1st in your locker." LMAO, "locker" what prima donna even utilizes a "locker" now. LoL... Or something like that in the Northern baseball towns. Also dating it heavily with the word "overcoat."

It's February people! Soon to be MARCH... You don't even begin to plant your veggies in an area like BFLO until Memorial Day!

Wow... All the whining going on! Now I gotta get my sorry azz to work... ;-)

in Rochester, I grew to know that you never count out snow until a week after Easter.

NEWSFLASH: Easter is set to the full moon and spring equinox. Easter Sunday is the Sunday of the first full moon after the equinox... It can bascially range the whole lunar cycle from mid-March to mid-April.

Oh wait... Maybe that was your point... LoL ;-P