How has this winter been

Ice bowl 67

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldest feb. I remember here in Cleafield co.Pa. Was 15 below on Friday. All week was around 5 below in the mornings. All these 5-6 inch snows every week add up. The wind has been howling also. I have a quarter mile drive and I got the plow truck stuck a few times in the drifts. At 56 and 30 below wind chills ,it sucks digging it out and pulling. My pump has frozen up a few times also on the plow. Can`t wait till spring.

Well 3 degrees today with a -20 wind chill factor in the rough tough buf. The sun is supposed to be out today so that is good. We are supposed to get a heat wave tomorrow & get up to 20 before dipping again(Friday is supposed to be another BRutally cold day). The weekend is supposed to be close to normal temps. Quick trivia note. If the weather pattern holds Buffalo will not have broken 32 degrees for the whole month of Febuary. Last year, Buffalo had 11 days that were over 32 degrees in Feb. Unf*cking believable. My 2 little pomeranians didn't even want to go out this morning because it was too cold & I believe their origin is from Sweeden. At this point all you could do is crack a cold one, sit back & laugh at mother natures sense of humor.

Edited by Gordio

Saturday was in the upper teens in the AM, snow started at 10AM, turned to rain at 6pm and ended around 10PM.

Shoveled twice to elevate shoveling it all at once.

10 inches of snow in Lovettsville VA. (north of Leesburg)

Sunday it was quite nice day. You could shovel the slushy remnants in a light coat and still break out in a sweat. Other than the piles of snow from plows and shoveling there was about 3 inches left on the grass this morning.

Whose snow was left on the grass ? Dan's or Gary's

The plow FINALLY came to our neighborhood this morning after I got stuck (and finally unstuck)

from the snow. Then The power steering in my car went bad. Fortunately, the Chevy dealership

replaced it for no charge. This was a power steering pump I got in January.

It was like the good ole days of driving without power steering

Gordio... It's getting later into the winter, the sun is working its magic @ our latitude even @ 5 degrees above... It's getting better, I have been working in this for 30 days straight.

I know this isn't any consolation... But the end is in sight. I am able to keep parts of the river ice free even in these low temps. The birds like the ducks, swans, and geese love me!

Keep hope alive brutha!

;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wow... Check this out (for today only):

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/glsea/cur/glsea_cur.png

Usually Lake Ontario has a ton of open water... Only Lake Michigan is the last hold out with an ice free zone! Late February and early March last year saw The Lakes top out @ just over 90%... It's 85% now. I wonder if this year will beat last year, nightime lows are suppose to be very cold, even with a little warmer air entering.

Again... Crazy, I can't get over the Lake Ontario transformation on the charts.

Wow... Check this out (for today only):

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/glsea/cur/glsea_cur.png

Usually Lake Ontario has a ton of open water... Only Lake Michigan is the last hold out with an ice free zone! Late February and early March last year saw The Lakes top out @ just over 90%... It's 85% now. I wonder if this year will beat last year, nightime lows are suppose to be very cold, even with a little warmer air entering.

Again... Crazy, I can't get over the Lake Ontario transformation on the charts.

Has to be the coldest February on record!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Foolishness.

-10 last night for a low in SE Pennsylvania.

Eff this, I need to move.

That's probably what the Continental Army said in SE PA during the winter of 1777-'78. Lot of those guys didn't even have shoes to wear.

Bunch of babies! :nana:

This is nothing... Coldest I ever felt was -32 degrees below (actual temp) up in Baraboo, WI in 2008. This isn't the end of the world! Parts of the country deal with this all the time... It's just hitting the East boo hoo hoo'ers now... The world revolves around them of course! :D