Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Josh McCown is the answer either but I just really hope all the people who have and will make condescending comments about a guy who is one season removed from a season in which he threw 13 TD's and 1 INT aren't the same people who tout EJ Manuel as a legitimate option.

Totally agree. We're not going to come up with a super star in free agency this year and need another placeholder until next year's fine crop of free agents becomes available or we develop a young quarterback. Who knows why McCown numbers dropped so precipitously last season. It may not have been totally on him. All it takes is a seivish offensive line, a bunch of clueless or inept receivers, or some nicks. He was very good two seasons ago, as noted.

Totally agree. We're not going to come up with a super star in free agency this year and need another placeholder until next year's fine crop of free agents becomes available or we develop a young quarterback. Who knows why McCown numbers dropped so precipitously last season. It may not have been totally on him. All it takes is a seivish offensive line, a bunch of clueless or inept receivers, or some nicks. He was very good two seasons ago, as noted.

watch his game tape in Chicago. he was the product of a good team with arguably the best receivers in the league at his disposal. he would literally throw the ball up for grabs and the receivers would make the plays. he has 11 years of bad stats and 1 year of good stats. and it's much different when you are the guy and all of the pressure is on you. he had no pressure in Chicago. nobody expected anything from him so he just went out there and threw the ball up in the air and whatever happens happens. with Tampa and now with the Bills everyone is going to expect him to be that veteran guy that we need but that's not him. he is just a backup QB and that's all he will ever be.

if we are signing him as a backup then fine. but unfortunately we are signing him as the "top free agent QB in the NFL" and he is definitely not that!

I forgot that Jets considered him last year too.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/166018-jets-eyeing-josh-mccown/

watch his game tape in Chicago. he was the product of a good team with arguably the best receivers in the league at his disposal. he would literally throw the ball up for grabs and the receivers would make the plays. he has 11 years of bad stats and 1 year of good stats. and it's much different when you are the guy and all of the pressure is on you. he had no pressure in Chicago. nobody expected anything from him so he just went out there and threw the ball up in the air and whatever happens happens. with Tampa and now with the Bills everyone is going to expect him to be that veteran guy that we need but that's not him. he is just a backup QB and that's all he will ever be.

if we are signing him as a backup then fine. but unfortunately we are signing him as the "top free agent QB in the NFL" and he is definitely not that!

just because you keep saying he is the "top free agent QB in the NFL" doesn't make it true.

Sign him as a backup to EJ !@#$ing Manuel? Good god anyone they sign should be considered as competition, not immediately as a backup.

Sign him as a backup to EJ !@#$ing Manuel? Good god anyone they sign should be considered as competition, not immediately as a backup.

backup in terms of money and expectations

I forgot that Jets considered him last year too.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/166018-jets-eyeing-josh-mccown/

just because you keep saying he is the "top free agent QB in the NFL" doesn't make it true.

I'm not saying it, everyone else is. That's why it's in quotes. I think he sucks

I agree with you. Aside from his one year abberation in Chicago, His career stats are VERY underwhelming. Without the miracle year, he has thrown more INTS than TDS. Even including the great year in Chicago, his career QB rating is worse than EJ Manuel's (with Manuel only having played 14 games)

Obviously I meant 2013 and 2014. Typo.

And it's a fact that Michael Vick is better than Josh McCown (are you really even arguing this because that's laughable) and it's a fact that Geno and EJ are pretty much neck and neck at this point in their careers. Rex is no better off with McCown and EJ than he was with Vick and Geno. It's a fact

Vick is a shadow of the QB he was ten years ago and last year proved it. McCown is a much better option for the kind of offense Roman will put in place.

But hey let's whine that Bills are showing initiative to address a weak spot on the roster

Vick is a shadow of the QB he was ten years ago and last year proved it. McCown is a much better option for the kind of offense Roman will put in place.

But hey let's whine that Bills are showing initiative to address a weak spot on the roster

so Vick at 34 is not as good as McCown at 35? we know for a fact he has been much much much much better for the past dozen seasons yet you seem to prefer McCown. i wonder if Vick can tap into this secret of youth that McCown has apparently been using

so Vick at 34 is not as good as McCown at 35? we know for a fact he has been much much much much better for the past dozen seasons yet you seem to prefer McCown. i wonder if Vick can tap into this secret of youth that McCown has apparently been using

inigomontoya.jpg

Vick is barely a shell of the QB he once was, and that wasnt even a great QB at the time.

Edited by DrDareustein

All credibility is lost at michael Vick enthusiasm. Are we watching the same games ?

Right? He was WORSE than Geno when he finally got his chance to play last year. And the Jets are choosing to let him walk with no other QB besides Geno on their roster. Im not sure what dude has been watching either.