Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been my choice even before we hired Rex, and everyone slams me but I can't stop. I just think he's the best fit. And I don't have the energy to defend all of his flaws. I know they are there. I still think he's the one.

Dude, I normally respect your opinion but am convinced you posted this when drunk or incoherent in some other way.

Sanchez? People are taking the 'little talked about direction' to places where the sun dont shine

He's been my choice even before we hired Rex, and everyone slams me but I can't stop. I just think he's the best fit. And I don't have the energy to defend all of his flaws. I know they are there. I still think he's the one.

I thought Sanchez might be the best of a bad lot before we hired Rex - he looked decent at times last year and I thought, well maybe like Alex Smith he just needed the right system/the right coaching for the lightbulb to come on.

Now we've got two of the same coaches who were there when Sanchez tanked with the Jets, including Rex who was just overly devoted and loyal to him (the tattoo, the "he'll be the QB of the Jets as long as I'm the HC" thing) and I DON'T want to see Sanchez.

I suppose Sanchez would still be the same player for good and for bad and I'm not being logical. It would just seem too much to me like trying to reincarnate the Jets in B'lo.

Sanchez is a criminally bad choice simply because if we need a game manager who is not going to make mistakes he is one of the worst players in the league for that. He's incredibly careless with the ball. That was his downfall with the Jets as well as the Eagles.

JUST. SAY. NO.

EJ stinks so far and he is a much safer choice than Dirty Sanchez, the ultimate tease.

Sanchez is a criminally bad choice simply because if we need a game manager who is not going to make mistakes he is one of the worst players in the league for that. He's incredibly careless with the ball. That was his downfall with the Jets as well as the Eagles.

JUST. SAY. NO.

EJ stinks so far and he is a much safer choice than Dirty Sanchez, the ultimate tease.

this.

Like it or not...Sanchez is at the top of the FA QB market....if he can beat out EJ in training camp...so be it.

I'd hate this because I fear it will be a slanted competition. Sanchez is a turnover machine and was much worse than EJ was his first 2 years. He got to play in maybe the best QB friendly system with Chip Kelly and he barely threw more tds and ints.

If it is a legit fair competition, bring him because I think EJ is better. But if Rex is going to show favoritism, it is a huge mistake because Sanchez can single handedly lose you games.

I think after 33 pages, we can all conclude that there are really no good options outside of crazy stuff like Manning deciding to play his last season on NO and NO trading Brees to Buffalo for a couple of high picks. That will never, ever happen.

Let's just face it: the Bills QB situation will in all likelihood be grim this year unless they strike gold with someone like Bryce Petty in the second round or so. I'm not holding my breath.

Rex flew Sanchez into the ground.

This move wouldn't make sense. In fact, Rex shouldn't be involved kmuch with the offense at all. He hired 3 OCs in like 4 years in his last job and went thorugh how many QBs? Offensively, his choices have been disastrous.

I think after 33 pages, we can all conclude that there are really no good options outside of crazy stuff like Manning deciding to play his last season on NO and NO trading Brees to Buffalo for a couple of high picks. That will never, ever happen.

Let's just face it: the Bills QB situation will in all likelihood be grim this year unless they strike gold with someone like Bryce Petty in the second round or so. I'm not holding my breath.

Again, this is almost certainly true and leads to a conclusion that the best thing the Bills can do get a QB with adequate talent to win is to in fact focus on turning our good D into a great one.

I do not see us drafting or picking up 1 QB who almost certainly carry this team on their talents to the SB.

However, I can more easily see the Bills acquiring a single coverage lockdown CB, who by taking the opponents # 1 WR out of the game would not only greatly enhance the play of other DBs and LBs who get to dt other players and more important give our sack-happy DL even more sacks.

By focusing on instead getting the depth to deal with injuries that are simply gonna happen in today's NFL we give ourselves a far better chance at reaching the playoffs than instead questing about for this one QB who we simply cannot find!

Again, this is almost certainly true and leads to a conclusion that the best thing the Bills can do get a QB with adequate talent to win is to in fact focus on turning our good D into a great one.

I do not see us drafting or picking up 1 QB who almost certainly carry this team on their talents to the SB.

However, I can more easily see the Bills acquiring a single coverage lockdown CB, who by taking the opponents # 1 WR out of the game would not only greatly enhance the play of other DBs and LBs who get to dt other players and more important give our sack-happy DL even more sacks.

By focusing on instead getting the depth to deal with injuries that are simply gonna happen in today's NFL we give ourselves a far better chance at reaching the playoffs than instead questing about for this one QB who we simply cannot find!

The problem is that even a great defense gets you nowhere without at least a decent QB. Did you watch any of Arizona's games after Carson Palmer went down?

The problem is that even a great defense gets you nowhere without at least a decent QB. Did you watch any of Arizona's games after Carson Palmer went down?

But they can keep you in games. Wilson was completely awful against the Pack but his D keep him in the game. He also won a playoff game against Drew Brees with less than 100 yards passing. Sanchez was one of the worst starting qbs ever and the Jets went to back to back title games.

IT's not ideal but you can win.

Although the qb situation isn't promising it isn't necessarily as grim as you stated. There is little debate that the pickings are slim. But that doesn't mean that a reasonable qb addition can't be added to the mix that will allow this team to take a step forward. A Hoyer or McCown or Shaun Hill type average to below average type qb will be an upgrade compared to what he have had.

Unless EJ takes a major step forward and demonstrates that he can be a franchise qb (very questionable) then we will have to instead settle for a proficient and mature type qb . It is not unreasonable to take the position that that type of qb would have gotten us an extra win or two last season.

The criticisms that many people are making against Sanchez are very fair. But that still begs the questiion: Is he a better option than what we have? Although I am not enamored with him I still consider him an upgrade. If he isn't then let it be proven so when other qbs on the roster have the opportunity to compete against him or any other unimpressive qb brought into the fold.

I'd hate this because I fear it will be a slanted competition. Sanchez is a turnover machine and was much worse than EJ was his first 2 years. He got to play in maybe the best QB friendly system with Chip Kelly and he barely threw more tds and ints.

If it is a legit fair competition, bring him because I think EJ is better. But if Rex is going to show favoritism, it is a huge mistake because Sanchez can single handedly lose you games.

This is the major concern I would have with bringing in Sanchez (beside they fact that he's not very good). I want a true, open competition.

This is the major concern I would have with bringing in Sanchez (beside they fact that he's not very good). I want a true, open competition.

Do you think that the new HC would to his detriment favor a qb he has had a prior association with over another qb (such as EJ) who on the field demonstrates that he is a better option at that position?

The criticisms that many people are making against Sanchez are very fair. But that still begs the questiion: Is he a better option than what we have? Although I am not enamored with him I still consider him an upgrade. If he isn't then let it be proven so when other qbs on the roster have the opportunity to compete against him or any other unimpressive qb brought into the fold.

I don't think Sanchez is an upgrade because he'll put your team in a bad position via turnover much too often. At least EJ seems to value protecting the ball, and with the style of team Rex wants in Buffalo valuing possession is more important than Sanchez's experience.

I really hope they do better than Sanchez.

Although the qb situation isn't promising it isn't necessarily as grim as you stated. There is little debate that the pickings are slim. But that doesn't mean that a reasonable qb addition can't be added to the mix that will allow this team to take a step forward. A Hoyer or McCown or Shaun Hill type average to below average type qb will be an upgrade compared to what he have had.

Unless EJ takes a major step forward and demonstrates that he can be a franchise qb (very questionable) then we will have to instead settle for a proficient and mature type qb . It is not unreasonable to take the position that that type of qb would have gotten us an extra win or two last season.

I think he's an upgrade. He does a number of things well, although he certainly has flaws.

I don't think Sanchez is an upgrade because he'll put your team in a bad position via turnover much too often. At least EJ seems to value protecting the ball, and with the style of team Rex wants in Buffalo valuing possession is more important than Sanchez's experience.

I really hope they do better than Sanchez.

I'm not advocating for any particular option at qb because I simply don't know who is going to be brought in. Does Sanchez have a tendency to turn the ball over? Yes he does. But if he is capable of making more plays than the erratic throwing EJ then isn't he the better option?

It's obvious to everyone that the qb taking the snaps next season is not going to be a dynamic passer. The role of the qb is going to be limited because the talent level at that position is limited. Is EJ a better option? From what I have already seen (limited sample) I have major doubts about him, even in comparison to the problematic Sanchez.