Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

sure two GMs could talk but it wont get you anywhere until march anyway, as you note.

Hopefully the Bills have upgraded their circa 1960s telecommunications equipment Buddy Nix was using when he and the Tampa GM were shooting the stojan.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not there are at least 7 free agent QBs that have started more playoff games then the Bills have played in since 2000. You add Schaub and Cassel, that's 9.

Why? Is there a connection between the two besides the 6 months Palmer spent on the Titans staff before getting fired during Locker's rookie year?

No. I think he was fired his 2nd year. Edited by TheTruthHurts

I would love RG3.

Guys you can eliminate are franchise QBs. No team is trading their proven franchise QB.

Worth a shot if you could get him for a fair price. Every available QB has flaws/risks.

Griffin seems to have the most upside of anyone being discussed.

Although this approach can yield some positive results, there is a major flaw with it.

No matter how good the D, the day will come when you need top QB performance to counter-attack the opponents top QB, like when you get deep into the playoffs.

At that point, a mediocre EJ ain't gonna be enough.

If the goal is to merely make the playoffs and lose a wildcard game, sure, EJ could work for that if he has improved.

Thats true but theres the counter to that, if you have a great QB a day will come when you need your defense to win a game for you.

I agree that there will be a need for our QB to win some games and he may not be able to deliver but lets hope those games dont come in the playoffs.

Chris Palmer hire makes me think Jake Locker.

Locker to me is like going after Kevin Kolb in the 2013 UFA signing period. They banked on him to play and, surprise surprise, he got hurt.

I love Locker's athleticism, but at this point you don't put a "what-if" type guy out there and just hope it works out. He's missed 25 games in the last 3 seasons.

The Bills did a similar thing 2 years ago, although back then they just needed someone for Manuel to beat for the starting job. Kolb didn't help that by getting concussed in the pre-season.

Locker to me is like going after Kevin Kolb in the 2013 UFA signing period. They banked on him to play and, surprise surprise, he got hurt.

I love Locker's athleticism, but at this point you don't put a "what-if" type guy out there and just hope it works out. He's missed 25 games in the last 3 seasons.

The Bills did a similar thing 2 years ago, although back then they just needed someone for Manuel to beat for the starting job. Kolb didn't help that by getting concussed in the pre-season.

He is Rob Johnson like. It's weird. Kolb had concussions though, I don't think they have been Locker's problem.

I think we are looking at a situation like this no matter what we do.....

Most of the vet solutions are guys that have missed time to injury. if they hadnt they wouldnt be available.

Thats true but theres the counter to that, if you have a great QB a day will come when you need your defense to win a game for you.

I agree that there will be a need for our QB to win some games and he may not be able to deliver but lets hope those games dont come in the playoffs.

I think we are pretty much in agreement, but you have to assume the games when you need the top gun QB will be in the playoffs, almost for sure.

Look at the starting QBs for the "final four" teams this year. No surprise who they were.

This doesn't mean we don't need a top D either!

We need both!

Redskins letter they sent out to their premium club members this week left out someone.

Dear Premium Club Member, reads this letter from the Redskins.

The Washington Redskins thank you for your continued loyalty and support. Redskins fans are the best in the NFL and we greatly appreciate your dedication over the years.

Head Coach Jay Gruden, new General Manager Scot McCloughan, and Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry will lead a nucleus of Ryan Kerrigan, DeSean Jackson, plus Pro Bowlers Trent Williams and Alfred Morris. The Redskins are poised to rebound next season!