[Please Change Title]Ameer Abdullah

IMHO there is no full-time running back currently on the Bills roster. Freddy has lost a step and the next tackle Spiller breaks will be his first. The others are role players.

I believe the Bills MUST take a running back in the second or third round. A player who might be there at fifty with the devaluation at the running back position, who I like is Ameer Abdullah of Nebraska.

Only 5'8" but a solid 200 lbs. with good vision and speed. This is the only position I would pass on a QB for.

Anthony Dixon with Bryce Brown will surprise some people. Getting Yeldon would be a huge value in the 5th, if we can.

Fred Jackson is never to be doubted and considering he was used a lot in the passing game for 2014 is important.

Anthony Dixon with Bryce Brown will surprise some people. Getting Yeldon would be a huge value in the 5th, if we can.

Fred Jackson is never to be doubted and considering he was used a lot in the passing game for 2014 is important.

Fred jackson was majorly platooned last year and still got hurt.....his north south speed is now starting to suffer...his lateral speed has been gone for a while now.....

Spiller doesnt fit the offense........bryce brown is a unknown because of the ignorant way our backs were handled last year

We need another back

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.<br /><br />The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.<br /><br />Thank you.

Only 5'8" but a solid 200 lbs. with good vision and speed. This is the only position I would pass on a QB for.

Which teams are winning without a QB and outstanding RB's? Even Adrian Peterson in his finest year with Ponder QB'ing the Vikings they barely made the playoffs and lost in the wild card round.

You think Yeldon will fall to rd 5? I can't see it happening, but if so, that would be glorious.

I like Abdullah too. Lack of height is scary for most positions, not for running back. He's got skills

You think Yeldon will fall to rd 5? I can't see it happening, but if so, that would be glorious.

I like Abdullah too. Lack of height is scary for most positions, not for running back. He's got skills

there are about 4 or 5 backs rated above him, shirley.

the first rb may not be drafted until the late 1st, if that.

Fred jackson was majorly platooned last year and still got hurt.....his north south speed is now starting to suffer...his lateral speed has been gone for a while now.....

Spiller doesnt fit the offense........bryce brown is a unknown because of the ignorant way our backs were handled last year

We need another back

It's weird because in San Fran they tried to get more than one back in the style of spiller so maybe they will like him.... But your probably right guessing he's gone, honestly

It's weird because in San Fran they tried to get more than one back in the style of spiller so maybe they will like him.... But your probably right guessing he's gone, honestly

Even he was a bargain?. I guess it comes down what offense Bills actually are thinking of running .

But hell yes we better be drafting one this time. and if that value falls down to the fifth good for us.

IMHO there is no full-time running back currently on the Bills roster. Freddy has lost a step and the next tackle Spiller breaks will be his first. The others are role players.

I believe the Bills MUST take a running back in the second or third round. A player who might be there at fifty with the devaluation at the running back position, who I like is Ameer Abdullah of Nebraska.

Wow this board wacked today. :wacko:

Which teams are winning without a QB and outstanding RB's? Even Adrian Peterson in his finest year with Ponder QB'ing the Vikings they barely made the playoffs and lost in the wild card round.

Well, you are right about that, but tell us who the next Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning or Rivers is that will be sitting at the 50th pick? Edited by OldTimer1960

there are about 4 or 5 backs rated above him, shirley.

the first rb may not be drafted until the late 1st, if that.

I also find Yeldon in the 5th to be laughable. Just because RBs don't go in the top of the 1st anymore doesn't mean they don't get picked in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Yeldon will be gone by the end of the 3rd in my opinion, but, you never know. I actually don't really like or trust Yeldon. You need only look to his own backfield in Henry to find a better runner. That is never a good sign in my opinion for a college RB (save Thurman and Barry). I remember thinking the same thing about Richardson and Lacy, how Lacy looked better to me when he got the ball even though he was second fiddle, and look how that has turned out so far.

Anyways, on to Abdullah. After Gordon and Gurley I like him on the next level with Duke Johnson and would be pretty happy with him in the 3rd. I don't think he's worth the 2nd though (I do think Gurley is).

On Josh Robinson, he's a much better candidate for the 5th. Tell me that guy doesn't remind you of the bowling ball Maurice Jones Drew? He may be lacking the speed, but if our goal is to ground and pound, he can certainly do that.

RBs are a dime a dozen and this is a good RB draft, just don't reach on a guy this year and then there are a number of scenarios that I would be happy with (as listed above).

Edited by Mark80

I also find Yeldon in the 5th to be laughable. Just because RBs don't go in the top of the 1st anymore doesn't mean they don't get picked in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Yeldon will be gone by the end of the 3rd in my opinion, but, you never know. I actually don't really like or trust Yeldon. You need only look to his own backfield in Henry to find a better runner. That is never a good sign in my opinion for a college RB (save Thurman and Barry). I remember thinking the same thing about Richardson and Lacy, how Lacy looked better to me when he got the ball even though he was second fiddle, and look how that has turned out so far.

Anyways, on to Abdullah. After Gordon and Gurley I like him on the next level with Duke Johnson and would be pretty happy with him in the 3rd. I don't think he's worth the 2nd though (I do think Gurley is).

On Josh Robinson, he's a much better candidate for the 5th. Tell me that guy doesn't remind you of the bowling ball Maurice Jones Drew? He may be lacking the speed, but if our goal is to ground and pound, he can certainly do that.

RBs are a dime a dozen and this is a good RB draft, just don't reach on a guy this year and then there are a number of scenarios that I would be happy with (as listed above).

So because The most accomplished RB in HS history decided to go to yeldons school, its a bad sign? Henry would be better than almost any back in the country. He's a monster. That being said, I don't think Yeldon is a superstar either. A good back that has experience as part of a rb by committee, size, decent speed and burst.

Agree Withey everything else said. If we can manuever in the draft, I'd really love to land a 4th rd pick and land our RB there. 3rd might be a bit early (if OL, TE or Hughes' replacement are higher on our board).