[Please Change Title]Ameer Abdullah

So because The most accomplished RB in HS history decided to go to yeldons school, its a bad sign? Henry would be better than almost any back in the country. He's a monster. That being said, I don't think Yeldon is a superstar either. A good back that has experience as part of a rb by committee, size, decent speed and burst.

Agree Withey everything else said. If we can manuever in the draft, I'd really love to land a 4th rd pick and land our RB there. 3rd might be a bit early (if OL, TE or Hughes' replacement are higher on our board).

Maybe the fact that he's regressed the last two years (YPC) on the team that consistently has the best OLine in college football is more convincing to you?

Edited by Mark80

Maybe the fact that he's regressed the last two years (YPC) on the team that consistently has the best OLine in college football is more convincing to you?

im not banging the table for Yeldon by any means but I don't agree that he "regressed." CFB is so unique especially in terms of a program like Bama. Saban has to get recruits on the field. Most programs that have 5 star RBs lining the bench can't and won't give all the carries to one guy. This plus the addition of Kiffin as OC this year and one of the top WRs in the country led to a more wide open passing offense whereas in previous years they were much more run heavy. Yeldon also was hurt at the end of the year. College RBs don't usually regress as much as the coaches are forced to spread the ball around to all of their recruits. What I tend to look for is who gets the ball in a close game at crunch time. I only watched a few Bama game closely this year and my conclusion was Kiffin is incapable of sticking to the run when it is working. He gets the shakes and must.pass.

That's why I looked at it in terms of YPC not the Yards or TD regression.

Ok I have no idea about that as I didn't pay attention to his stats. I always look for whether my RB can get the critical yards for a 1st down at crunch time. That's my measuring stick! Analytics - lol