Kurt Warner questions legitimacy of NE's SB win over Rams

YoloinOhio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick probably cheated in that Kurt Warner Super Bowl and he probably cheated in Super Bowl 25 when he was defensive coordinator for the giants. Both the rams and bills were unstoppable coming into those Super Bowls. I find it hard to believe belichick is that good

To be fair, Warner mentioned his own personal legacy last after initially suggesting it was unfair to the legacy of others including Bellichick and the NE franchise. I don't think it was out of line for him to refer to his own legacy considering it is, in fact, quite considerable and it was perfectly natural for him to reflect introspectively, particularly in hindsight.

But that's funny.

He would have been much better served to say "our legacy" as in the Rams, instead of "my," even though it is both.

Yeah, Warner is a good guy overall but he does have a little bit of a "me" streak in him at times. What about the rest of the team?

Warner is the same guy that told the coach not to rebench Eli and put Warner back in the game. He said you would damage the kid that way. There is not a more class act out there. When his former teammates talk about him they talk about how selfless he was and the great teacher/leader he was. We are talking great players like Faulk and Fitzgerald here. Just saying...

Warner is the same guy that told the coach not to rebench Eli and put Warner back in the game. He said you would damage the kid that way. There is not a more class act out there. When his former teammates talk about him they talk about how selfless he was and the great teacher/leader he was. We are talking great players like Faulk and Fitzgerald here. Just saying...

I agree, he is in general a good guy - class act is a fine way to describe it. It would just have come across better if the quote read "it's unfair to them and their legacy. it's unfair to us and our legacy" instead of "me and my legacy".

Belichick probably cheated in that Kurt Warner Super Bowl and he probably cheated in Super Bowl 25 when he was defensive coordinator for the giants. Both the rams and bills were unstoppable coming into those Super Bowls. I find it hard to believe belichick is that good

Weren't there rumors about a missing Bills game plan?

Marv Levy wrote a football novel called "Between the Lies"

That said, a number of "unstoppable" teams have pulled a "Titanic" in big games.

Let's think about the concept of videotaping walkthroughs. Had Baltimore videotaped the Pats, they would have seen that new formation and been able to defend it properly. Maybe the Rams had some new plays put in that the Pats were able to counter and defend. Without that advantage, the element of surprise might have made for a more effective gameplan.

FYI, I go to the "Kurt Warner" church. He joined before he had even played a down as a starter. He needed a place to call his home church. He and the Pastor seem to believe that he was put here in St. Louis to become the starter for the Rams and to help bring the message to the world....which he helped do with his comments after being the MVP of the Super Bowl. Mission accomplished for him.

Couple weeks ago the Pastor mentioned that sometimes he is moved to pray for healing in specific areas. He talked about one Sunday a few years ago, when he was moved to pray against spinal cord injuries. Less than an hour later a football player broke his neck in an NFL game, and a doctor came up with a sort of miracle treatment that not only saved the player's life, but the player ended up walking three months later. We all know who that player was. The pastor said that sometimes God works in mysterious ways, and offered that as evidence that something good is going on here.

I have a really good friend who is good friends with Warner who says he's actually a really, really great guy AND incredibly egotistical, competitive, self-centered, etc. and Warner knows he's like that and thinks it's funny.

Ok, thanks for that. Gives me a slightly different perspective.

Weren't there rumors about a missing Bills game plan?

Marv Levy wrote a football novel called "Between the Lies"

That said, a number of "unstoppable" teams have pulled a "Titanic" in big games.

denver last year. It was shocking (to me) no matter how good the Seattle D was. It honestly made me wonder in the back of my mind if there was some cheating on their part (PEDs, stolen signals, etc) though I have no evidence other than I don't trust Pete Carroll ever since he was a 9/11 Truther.

Yup. For me, I have always thought they have flat cheated, or bent the rules, or broke the spirit of the rules for years. After reading about Ernie Adams and hearing stories about what scumbags The Devil Wears Hoodie and Kraft are a long time ago. Not to mention the partially inexplicable "just give it to them" kind of stuff. So it's no surprise at all. But for outsiders or skeptics or guys like Warner who may have to temper their public opinions, this opens a whole new can of worms which draws in stuff, regardless of its veracity, like the fumble stats.

I have a really good friend who is good friends with Warner who says he's actually a really, really great guy AND incredibly egotistical, competitive, self-centered, etc. and Warner knows he's like that and thinks it's funny.

That's part of being a QB. You have to believe in yourself.

BB didn't stop the Bills. The Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes. The game was lost by the D which couldn't get stops on 3rd down. For that reason, NY won time of possesion by approximately 40 - 20.

I think you're going way beyond any reasonable interpretation of what was quoted.

Don't you think it's reasonable that you might have doubts then, which you try to squelch (or at least don't voice) in the name of getting on with life and not being a "sore loser", only to have those doubts revived when a different cheating scandal breaks involving the same cast of characters years later? It's like having a healed-over scar that still aches when it's smacked.

You mean like a...suppressed memory--where it manifests only after another, similar trauma occurs.

Hmmm.....yes. I didn't consider that.....

I have no sliver of doubt that NE** taped practices and cheated in the SB - but Warner should also feel unfairly treated by the friggin moron Mike Martz who singlehandedly handed the game to the pats** by not handing the rock to Faulk over and over and over. I still hate him for this - there would be no faux pats** 'dynasty' if Martz didn't try to be smart - any other moron off the street could have won that game by feeding Faulk.

It was the shocking discovery of altered footballs that jarred his newfound doubt.

He never implied he was shocked. I don't even think you believe what you type half the time. ;) contrarian is one thing. I love when you hold people accountable for what they post and you're great at it. Sometimes it seems like you B word just to B word and can't even believe it yourself or don't take the time to think about what happened or what the guy actually said.

He never implied he was shocked. I don't even think you believe what you type half the time. ;) contrarian is one thing. I love when you hold people accountable for what they post and you're great at it. Sometimes it seems like you B word just to B word and can't even believe it yourself or don't take the time to think about what happened or what the guy actually said.

Oh relax. The whole point of his comment is that, because he just learned of ball tampering (come on, Kurt...) then he now allows himself to doubt the authenticity of an event others have doubted for years.

The "shocked" is obvious sarcasm. As I explained, doctoring footballs shoudl come as no revelation to any QB in the NFL. So again, using it as a basis for newfound doubt seems a stretch for Warner.

See? Not that hard to figure out what I meant.