Kurt Warner questions legitimacy of NE's SB win over Rams

YoloinOhio

I like piling on the Pats as much as the next guy, but it wasn't exactly rocket science figuring out to hit Marshall Faulk on every single play. For as good as Warner/Holt/Bruce were, Faulk was the engine that drove everything and the Pats effectively limited him as well as anyone had.

I have a "sliver of a doubt" the Rams actually beat the Bucs in 2000 with the Bert Emmanuel catch game, curious Warner doesn't feel the need to ever mention that.

Yeah, just like Thurman was the guy that made the Bills go. Don't kid yourself. As good as Faulk was, Warner was the man that made them go.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like sour grapes now, like he's piling on. Why would it take this ball deflation issue for Warner to suddenly realize, or at least suddenly tell the world, that he now has "a sliver of doubt"? It never occured to him during the massive coverage of spygate that the pats may have cheated in that SB?

He has worked as an on air analyst for the NFL Network and Fox for several years and has covered many games, including NE games--yet he has never said anything until now. Seems strange.

Huh. I see it as just the opposite. He handled spygate the way the pats would actually want him to, he ignored it. everyone, though, has their limit. i think he's probably a quality guy and thought htis latest thing was BS, likely thinks the pats explanation is BS, and spoke out.

I think there is a legitimate concern on that. I think the Rams coaches said that they felt like the Pats were seemingly clued in to everything they were doing on offense, so much so that it was eerie.

The Rams did the same thing all game, every game, all season long on offense that year. They got beat by a better team. In the Super Bowl, the better coaching staff is usually on the winning end. That's what happened.

I have no sliver of doubt that NE** taped practices and cheated in the SB - but Warner should also feel unfairly treated by the friggin moron Mike Martz who singlehandedly handed the game to the pats** by not handing the rock to Faulk over and over and over. I still hate him for this - there would be no faux pats** 'dynasty' if Martz didn't try to be smart - any other moron off the street could have won that game by feeding Faulk.

Heh. There is that "Mad Martz" thing, to be sure. Talk to Kyle Turley about Martz hahaha.

Edited by Hopeful

The Rams did the same thing all game, every game, all season long on offense that year. They got beat by a better team. In the Super Bowl, the better coaching staff is usually on the winning end. That's what happened.

you are officially a suspect as a patriots* sympathizer. May i see your papers? are they in order Mein Herr?

:worthy::w00t::thumbsup::lol::D

F'ng A Man.

DUDE ! seriously awesome waves

" The Rams installed new red-zone and third-down calls specifically for that game, according to Faulk. The Patriots either made superior calls/adjustments or had the answers to the test, the Hall of Fame running back surmised."

quote name="Chuck Wagon" post="3443664" timestamp="1422457154"]I like piling on the Pats as much as the next guy, but it wasn't exactly rocket science figuring out to hit Marshall Faulk on every single play. For as good as Warner/Holt/Bruce were, Faulk was the engine that drove everything and the Pats effectively limited him as well as anyone had.

I have a "sliver of a doubt" the Rams actually beat the Bucs in 2000 with the Bert Emmanuel catch game, curious Warner doesn't feel the need to ever mention that.

ummmmm maybe they were able to hit him on every play because they cheated and knew the other teams signals!!!!

"