Kurt Warner questions legitimacy of NE's SB win over Rams

YoloinOhio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Warner is a good guy overall but he does have a little bit of a "me" streak in him at times. What about the rest of the team?

Some guy named Faulk quoted in the article seems to have an opinion as well.

Edited by jimmy10

I like piling on the Pats as much as the next guy, but it wasn't exactly rocket science figuring out to hit Marshall Faulk on every single play. For as good as Warner/Holt/Bruce were, Faulk was the engine that drove everything and the Pats effectively limited him as well as anyone had.

I have a "sliver of a doubt" the Rams actually beat the Bucs in 2000 with the Bert Emmanuel catch game, curious Warner doesn't feel the need to ever mention that.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

if it makes him feel any better, i wouldnt think any different of him. he was a good qb with an interesting story. whether or not AV made that kick really wouldnt effect my assessment either.

I agree.

The one super bowl though I would have loved to see him win would have been that cardinals one-- and he really almost had it won.

I like Warner and think he belongs in the HOF, but he would have a lot more credibility if he said this 7 years or so ago....

His "sliver of doubt" is a bit suspect at this point.

I know where you stand on all this having read your posts, but think you're wrong on this 7 years ago, it really would have sounded like sour grapes. I think his point is given the latest pats controversy, it's fair to wonder. The interesting part for me here is the number of players/ex-players saying the same sort of thing.

I have a "sliver of a doubt" the Rams actually beat the Bucs in 2000 with the Bert Emmanuel catch game, curious Warner doesn't feel the need to ever mention that.

Sure, but that was a referee's call regarding something that happened (or didn't happen) on the field for everyone to see (or not see).

What the Pats do with spying, deflating balls, etc, happens by design entirely away from the view of officials. Completely different matter.

I'm sorry, I love to bash the taint*riots for both real and imagined trangressions, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

It's unfair to ME and MY legacy. !@#$ you Warner.

He's got a little Flutie in him, doesn't he?

I like Warner and think he belongs in the HOF, but he would have a lot more credibility if he said this 7 years or so ago....

He may have thought the spygate was an aberration. Now a lot of people think they have done this and probably other things. It would have been complete whining if he said it seven years ago. Now it seems feasible to say there is a chance.

I know where you stand on all this having read your posts, but think you're wrong on this 7 years ago, it really would have sounded like sour grapes. I think his point is given the latest pats controversy, it's fair to wonder. The interesting part for me here is the number of players/ex-players saying the same sort of thing.

It sounds like sour grapes now, like he's piling on. Why would it take this ball deflation issue for Warner to suddenly realize, or at least suddenly tell the world, that he now has "a sliver of doubt"? It never occured to him during the massive coverage of spygate that the pats may have cheated in that SB?

He has worked as an on air analyst for the NFL Network and Fox for several years and has covered many games, including NE games--yet he has never said anything until now. Seems strange.

I don't see him as a HOFer. He's on the border line for me personally.