Josh Gordon fails another drug test; 1-yr banishment

YoloinOhio

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no longer a joke, it is sad. But not in the way you think. It is sad because he is still taking up a GD roster spot. Cry me a river for this guy. The Browns and the NFL have done everything they can to surround him with support, rehab opportunities, second and third and fourth chances even when he wasn't performing on the field, running wrong routes, not fighting for the ball, and being generally lazy in practice. He doesn't want any of it. The only party accountable here is him. He has the metabolism of a pro athlete and tested positive for alcohol in a morning test of which he is subjected to at least 12/month. He knew the test could come. He obviously has a very alcohol-filled night before the test to still test positive. It is a specific part of his treatment plan because of his DUI that he can't drink if he wants to play football. He doesn't care about football. He's a POS and I can't wait until he is off my team. He can take his BFF #2 with him. Those two are inseparable.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Politely, you're missing the point.

Edit: Completely

You're missing my point. In fact, I don't recall ever addressing you one way or another.

Edit2: I actually didn't read one single post of yours in this thread, yet you responded tersely with me. Ironically, I believe we are saying the same thing, except you seem to be minimizing personal responsibility. You said:

What is tragic is the inability to make the right decision. A glass of wine is not tragic or stupid. The inablilty to realize what you could lose and process the situation properly is tragic. There are plenty of peple who belong to both MENSA and AA.

You say "inability" like he has some some sort of disability negating normal corgnitive function or personal action. Like there was some "outside force" disallowing him to make the right decision. What if he just plain "didn't care" or didn't think he would get caught? Drinking alcohol is one of the hardest drugs to detect due to its quick elimination from the body. You basically have to be intoxicated (or close to it) right before the test to test positive. It's a test that doesn't test for metabolites (ethanol's metabolites are naturely occurring substances in many foods). But, he was "unable" to drink before his drug test?

And btw, saying "politely" is very rude, but I'm sure you were just unable to keep it civilized.

Edited by Saint Doug

Now I remember who Josh Gordon reminds me of!!

I'm sure we've got a few in this thread that think she got what she had coming.

This is no longer a joke, it is sad. But not in the way you think. It is sad because he is still taking up a GD roster spot. Cry me a river for this guy. The Browns and the NFL have done everything they can to surround him with support, rehab opportunities, second and third and fourth chances even when he wasn't performing on the field, running wrong routes, not fighting for the ball, and being generally lazy in practice. He doesn't want any of it. The only party accountable here is him. He has the metabolism of a pro athlete and tested positive for alcohol in a morning test of which he is subjected to at least 12/month. He knew the test could come. He obviously has a very alcohol-filled night before the test to still test positive. It is a specific part of his treatment plan because of his DUI that he can't drink if he wants to play football. He doesn't care about football. He's a POS and I can't wait until he is off my team. He can take his BFF #2 with him. Those two are inseparable.

Like this guy

You're missing my point. In fact, I don't recall ever addressing you one way or another.

Edit2: I actually didn't read one single post of yours in this thread, yet you responded tersely with me. Ironically, I believe we are saying the same thing, except you seem to be minimizing personal responsibility. You said:

You say "inability" like he has some some sort of disability negating normal corgnitive function or personal action. Like there was some "outside force" disallowing him to make the right decision. What if he just plain "didn't care" or didn't think he would get caught? Drinking alcohol is one of the hardest drugs to detect due to its quick elimination from the body. You basically have to be intoxicated (or close to it) right before the test to test positive. It's a test that doesn't test for metabolites (ethanol's metabolites are naturely occurring substances in many foods). But, he was "unable" to drink before his drug test?

And btw, saying "politely" is very rude, but I'm sure you were just unable to keep it civilized.

Sorry, but I HONESTLY meant "politely". I don't get how that's rude, and it was not meant to be. To be very brief, I don't know him personally (obviously), but it really can be like a problem with cognitive thinking. He made a horrible decision. Why would he do that if he could process clearly? I get that alcohol is his best bet as it's out of his system quickly, it's still not rational behavior. I don't give everyone a pass on personal accountability. My point is it's not as simple as many people think. We can disagree, but I wasn't taking shots at you.

Do we believe him? Do we believe he wrote this himself? Do you read this and wish the Bills would take a chance on him?

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3

Thanks for that. That was a great letter. I loved it. Cleared up a few things, too. I'm not sure I believe it all, but it's a great letter.

And he is 23.

Watkins, Wood and Gordon.

Gordon being the eldest at 23.

Folks, we could a lot worse.

And if even an inkling of what he writes is true...we could do A LOT worse.

yeah. Our WR corps could be a lot like our DL, a member of which so many were willing to write off this past off season, for similar reasons.