Josh Gordon fails another drug test; 1-yr banishment

YoloinOhio

having a drink isn't necessarily life threatening. No report he was driving under the influence. Basically, since he had a dui in the past, any alcohol positive test is a suspension.

It's not just the booze. He's been caught with weed, too, and who knows if he's into anything harder. It's more about his seemingly self-destructive behavior, lack of self-control, & inability to stay clean/out of trouble. It wouldn't be surprising if he spirals into the abyss if he doesn't choose to change his ways and/or get help. It's a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That's why he is on a team and Mike Williams is not.

i just don't share that opinion of him that his skill set is irreplaceable with a guy who has his head on straight. He couldn't even make it to practice at the end of the season and his own team suspended him. Agree to disagree. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's not just the booze. He's been caught with weed, too, and who knows if he's into anything harder. It's more about his seemingly self-destructive behavior, lack of self-control, & inability to stay clean/out of trouble. It wouldn't be surprising if he spirals into the abyss if he doesn't choose to change his ways and/or get help. It's a tragedy waiting to happen.

I don't know the whole situation, but could be just a rich, twenty something athlete that likes a smoke and a drink now and then. Stupid, because it's ruining his career, but to say it's self destructive might be a stretch.

I don't know the whole situation, but could be just a rich, twenty something athlete that likes a smoke and a drink now and then. Stupid, because it's ruining his career, but to say it's self destructive might be a stretch.

If you prioritize that "smoke and a drink" over your multi-million dollar career which only a very select few get a chance at, then it is definitely self-destructive.

He's pissed away millions of dollars that he'll never get back and keeps turning to vices that are derailing his career. His behavior certainly seems self-destructive. Not a stretch at all, IMO.

i just don't share that opinion of him that his skill set is irreplaceable with a guy who has his head on straight. He couldn't even make it to practice at the end of the season and his own team suspended him. Agree to disagree.

That Josh Gordon isn't the guy you hope you are getting. That's the point. Teams will look at the skill and think they can fix the person.

Seantrel Henderson for example.

That Josh Gordon isn't the guy you hope you are getting. That's the point. Teams will look at the skill and think they can fix the person.

Seantrel Henderson for example.

Henderson was a risk because of his college issues. He hasn't (yet) demonstrated the same behavior in the pros. Gordon has, repeatedly. It's his 5th suspension for substance abuse in 5 years. That's the difference. To me, anyway. Edited by YoloinOhio

He's pissed away millions of dollars that he'll never get back and keeps turning to vices that are derailing his career. His behavior certainly seems self-destructive. Not a stretch at all, IMO.

Could also be a choice, he would rather party than be a professional football player. If he's happy and content. Not self destructive. Free will. Again, not saying i think it's smart, but may not be tragic in his opinion.

having a drink isn't necessarily life threatening. No report he was driving under the influence. Basically, since he had a dui in the past, any alcohol positive test is a suspension.

@AlbertBreer: NFL drug policy: "Alcohol is prohibited only if a player's treatment plan explicitly prohibits alcohol." A fail is > .06 g/dl on urine test.

Could also be a choice, he would rather party than be a professional football player. If he's happy and content. Not self destructive. Free will. Again, not saying i think it's smart, but may not be tragic in his opinion.

We'll see. I hope you're right but it looks deeper than just a young, immature guy making bad choices.

@AlbertBreer: NFL drug policy: "Alcohol is prohibited only if a player's treatment plan explicitly prohibits alcohol." A fail is > .06 g/dl on urine test.

We'll see. I hope you're right but it looks deeper than just a young, immature guy making bad choices.

i have no idea, just presenting another view. In another extreme, he could have shared a nice bottle of wine over dinner and got tested right after that and failed. Nothing else. I personally doubt that's the story, but who knows.