Hackett Interviewing for Rams OC

I have a feeling if given the chance, that Hackett would be a pretty decent OC.

CBF

I think the best thing for Hackett right now would be to get a couple years seasoning as a QB (or other position) coach working under a top-flight OC. I'm not sure that his two years working with DM in the Bills organization really prepare him to be successful in the NFL.

But Nate is smart and enthusiastic and could be a good OC some day.

I have a feeling if given the chance, that Hackett would be a pretty decent OC.

I truly believe that Marrone limited him during his time in Buffalo

CBF

Did you guys notice how often the offense would light it up on the first drive, and then get really conservative and awful after that?

i kinda hope that the rams have their second coming of the "greatest show on turf", and that nate hackett is happy and on his way to becoming a respected oc in the league. i have really enjoyed everything i heard from coach hackett. he seems like a good guy that the players all like and respect, and it definitely seems he was held down by his head coach. i really would love to see this guy become the second best oc in the league next year, behind roman, of course.

the Bills offense took a dump the 2 yrs under Hackett. it can't all be Doug's fault.

It isn't. The blame lies on Brandon for hiring Marrone, his Syracuse crony. Hackett was part of Marrone's coaching tree. How sad is that? Can you imagine bringing this low level of accomplishment and experience to lead an NFL franchise?

People are certainly entitled to their opinions, but I think that Brandon gets off easy on this board. He brought in an inexperienced clown and actually gave him a 4 million dollar escape clause.

Let me know when this happens on another franchise.

And btw, I actually prefer Hackett to Marrone.

Why do people think he is a good OC? Seriously, what has he done? He seems like a nice energetic guy. But he has gotten everywhere because of his dad. There are a lot of better coaches out there who haven't gotten a chance he has because they didn't have a daddy that was a NFL coach.

I don't hate the guy but maybe he should go to college and actually proven himself.

People think he is a good OC all of the sudden because now they dispose Marrone even more and want to believe everything he did was wrong and holding the team back. Plus Fred Jackson said some good things about him so that means Hackett is incredible

And NFL experts Like Joe B and Mike Rodak. I like Joe B but I think he is letting his personal relationship influence his work. Reporters do it all the time.

I hope he gets it and does well. Good luck Nate.

I'd be furious if I was a Ram fan. Especially with Bradford who has a lower yard per attempt average than Captain Checkdown.