New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Mark Brunell compared a legal ball to the Patriot ball: "huge advantage, huge difference."

If there is no significant advantage, why does he do it?

To be fair we have no idea how many times it's been done, despite many assuming it's been his whole career

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive barely been following coverage, but even I have seen a number of ex-players and FO guys say that deflated footballs are a big advantage. They're easier to throw (for most QBs), they are easier to catch, and much easier to hold onto and not fumble. John Harbaugh was on ESPN right before Brady's PC and he said under-inflated footballs are an advantage. This part of the issue isnt really a debate.

I get that, but I don't buy the "ten yards farther" argument, especially given the numbskull source.

Edited by dave mcbride

Mark Brunell compared a legal ball to the Patriot ball: "huge advantage, huge difference."

If there is no significant advantage, why does he do it?

Maybe Brunell hates Brady, or Belichick, I don't think he is any more reliable than any of the QB's who say "It's no big deal".

Apparently it's his personal preference, and left it up to the officials to notice, just like when guys hold, or any other penalty. Or if you want to consider it "off-the field" it's akin to PED's. And he should be suspended like PED users (which are rampant across the league, no? And plenty of winning teams have had players suspended).

That last question is ridiculous" when you left the stadium on Sunday,is the the last thing you thought you would be discussing?"

Why no, even though i just spent a half hour denying i knew anything , I was expecting this would come up Monday morning

Christ, even HoFWatkins not that dumb :lol: .

How do these people get press passes

Maybe smokin a Blount gave the ball boy a bag of weed to deflate the balls so he would be less likely to fumble. Cause we've all seen Belichick bench guys for one fumble.

This is all Brady, he such a bag of **** liar. Too bad he can't lie as well as he plays QB.

To be fair we have no idea how many times it's been done, despite many assuming it's been his whole career

Both their passing stats inn cold weather compared to other teams in the league and their plays-per-fumble compared to the rest of the league suggest it's been going on since at least 2010. Unfortunately both of those charts were only calculated back to 2010. Who knows how much longer it could have been going on.