New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is one player (Brady) breaking the rules, just like when a player takes PED's. It's his first offense, and he should be given the same kind of suspension.

There is no reason to believe that Belichick had anything to do with the balls.

The fact that Brady MAY have done this in past games is as irrelevant as if you might have driven drunk in the past, but have only now been caught.

No one wants to hear this narrative though, because it's much more gratifying to bitter fans to assume that the entire team conspired to cheat. Where are the bitter EX-Patriots, ready to throw Belichick under the bus. Surely there is a former disgruntled employee, now out of the game, that would know about this, right?

You do realize the Brady and Belicheat are closer than any other QB/HC combo in the NFL. At best Belicheck is Nixon in which he purposely knows nothing.

:lol: I wish I could watch it... I've only got an audio feed where I am right now.

!@#$ing hollywood, no one cares about football -- despite me trying to paint it as a great drama!

You can almost see it running through is head: "I thought roughing the quarterback is illegal? Where's my !@#$ing flag?"

He's talking about a "high moral standard" right now...tell it to Bridget Moynihan, Tom.

I can't believe he didn't own up to it. Could have been done with.

Can't wait for media week now!

I can't wait for the Superbowl. If I'm Pete Carroll, my strategy is to demand every ball swapped in to the game for the Pats' offense be checked.

"12.5 is a perfect grip for the football."

Really? Not 12.4? Not 12.6? Artificial accuracy is a sign of bull ****, particularly when it's perfectly in line with the rules.

It's not just that, Tom! He throws "twelve point five" out there like he is playing around with ball pressure all day long for the last 30 years...but the coach has never even heard of the concept that pressure is important.

Really? And why isn't anyone asking him that!?

It's not just that, Tom! He throws "twelve point five" out there like he is playing around with ball pressure all day long for the last 30 years...but the coach has never even heard of the concept that pressure is important.

Really? And why isn't anyone asking him that!?

That was my point - when you're artificially precise like that, you're selling something. An honest answer would have been, "Yes, I prefer my footballs at a lower pressure." Not "12.5 is perfect!"